New Rams corner released from jail/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
New Rams corner released from jail
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_586bd72e-6a20-5bf0-8f77-d835ac245026.html

After spending more than a week in the Lowndes County (Ga.) Jail, new Rams cornerback/return man Greg Reid has been released. Barring any unforeseen legal ramifications, Reid should be able to join the team less than two weeks from now when the Rams begin their offseason conditioning program April 21.

Reid, formerly of Florida State, was arrested March 29 for a probation violation stemming from a prior marijuana-related arrest. The Rams are looking at him as someone who could help out a nickel back.

BRITT'S CONTRACT

The contract numbers for free-agent wide receiver Kenny Britt have been filed and include some interesting twists. The basic contract is one-year for $1.4 million. Of that total, $1 million comes in the form of base salary, with $500,000 of that base guaranteed. The other $400,000 comes as follows:

_ $50,000 signing bonus.

_ $100,000 workout bonus.

_ $150,000 roster bonus if he's on the 53-man roster bonus for the first game of the regular season.

_ Up to $100,000 in game-day bonuses. (Britt gets $6,250 for every week he's on the 46-man game-day roster.)

Britt can earn an additional $1.5 million based on a variety of incentives including receptions, receiving yards, and the team making the playoffs.

If the Rams release Britt before opening day, they could be out as little as $150,000 (the signing bonus and the workout bonus.) That's because there is offset language in the guaranteed $500,000 of base salary. In other words, if Britt gets another job after being released, the Rams aren't on the hook for the $500,000.

PUNTER SIGNED

The Rams have signed punter Bobby Cowan to help ease some of the workload from Pro Bowl punter Johnny Hekker as well as place-kicker Greg Zuerlein this spring and summer.

Cowan, who had a career punting average of 44.7 yards at the University of Idaho, will also help on kickoffs, extra points, and field goals. Because he'll do both, that saves the Rams a spot on their training camp roster. The left-footed Cowan, 24, was in Oakland's camp briefly last spring and worked out for the Rams last fall.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lol...

4 years ago that would have read:

"New Rams corner shattered record for most New Testament Bibles sold in one afternoon."

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I still wouldn't be surprised if we cut him, for NOT taking care of business, unless, we knew this was coming. Fisher doesn't fuck around in these situations.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I still wouldn't be surprised if we cut him, for NOT taking care of business, unless, we knew this was coming. Fisher doesn't freak around in these situations.
I think he gets a pass in this situation. Young kid screws up missing a phone call with all that is going on in his life signing an NFL contract. If he screws the pooch again, it probably won't have a fairy tale ending.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think he gets a pass in this situation. Young kid screws up missing a phone call with all that is going on in his life signing an NFL contract. If he screws the pooch again, it probably won't have a fairy tale ending.
And, we might have, but Fish, just saying, likes to make a point in these situations, even with a 2nd round pick.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I hope he gets a pass this time. It's not serious and he has the potential to be a quality player.

fearsomefour

Legend
I for one am hoping there is someone around this young man that he respects....a parent, uncle, friend, former coach....who gives a toss about him and can act as a buffer between him and his own stupidity.
I think he gets a pass just this one time.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I for one am hoping there is someone around this young man that he respects....a parent, uncle, friend, former coach....who gives a toss about him and can act as a buffer between him and his own stupidity.
I think he gets a pass just this one time.
He's got a support group, that without, he would of already been out of consideration for the NFL. I still think he needs to get out of town fast and to St. Louis under the watchful eye of the St. Louis Rams.

fearsomefour

Legend
He's got a support group, that without, he would of already been out of consideration for the NFL. I still think he needs to get out of town fast and to St. Louis under the watchful eye of the St. Louis Rams.
Yeah I agree. Change of scenery.
Day consists of going from apartment to Rams facility at 8 am then head back to the apartment at 6 pm....then stay home.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
SIGH! Just got a text of Reid chilling in St. Louis. He was wearing a Rams T-shirt. So he is under the wing!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I agree. Change of scenery.
Day consists of going from apartment to Rams facility at 8 am then head back to the apartment at 6 pm....then stay home.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
iphone 221.PNG

LOL! Greg looks like they are not letting him do anything or he's homesick already.

chefRAMzy

UDFA
Name
Chef
From what I read he wasn't even driving. He had his seatbelt on, but the driver didn't. And the the cop decides to run both names through and unfortunately he missed one check up and boom now he's locked up. Yea it's his responsibility but c'mon the cop didn't have to do all that.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
From what I read he wasn't even driving. He had his seatbelt on, but the driver didn't. And the the cop decides to run both names through and unfortunately he missed one check up and boom now he's locked up. Yea it's his responsibility but c'mon the cop didn't have to do all that.
Profiling, but yeah, he should have taken care of his business.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Weed is not the benign drug its being made out to be. Proof is that Greg has clearly allowed it to get between him and his career success.

Racial profiling or not; Greg put himself in a compromised position and needs to take responsibility for his actions. I pray that he has learned a life lesson.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Weed is not the benign drug its being made out to be. Proof is that Greg has clearly allowed it to get between him and his career success.

Racial profiling or not; Greg put himself in a compromised position and needs to take responsibility for his actions. I pray that he has learned a life lesson.
Weed is from the earth:LOL:

iced

wow...its weed...it serves many medicinal purposes..

it ain't like alcohol which serves no medicinal purposes......unless you were watchin the rams from 07 to 09