New Ram Ramsey fully participates in Thursday’s practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
That's insane, we have to be trading away another big contract. Gurley maybe?
I don't think he's tradeable. This year would result in massive dead money and cap hit. Next year the cap hit becomes kind of manageable, but you are asking another team to take on a ton of guaranteed money for a RB with some kind of knee issue.

WestCoastRam

Legend
We just bought a beautiful - gorgeous! - house 20% above market in a rundown neighborhood right before a recession.

Ok. It is pretty though.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Wowzers. I hope this acquisition boosts our D, and I think it will. Being able to play man will be huge. I'm so sick of seeing DBs 7-8 yards off the LOS. It's just ridiculous.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
We'll see. If Ramsey works out, it might well be worth it. The guy can flat out cover, and he's a much better fit for Wade's D.

Yeah I'm warming up to signing Ramsey now seeing that he's an ideal fit to Wade's scheme. Expect a Von Miller type impact in the secondary with him on the roster.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
36 mill in Goff, 17 mill on Gurley, 25 mill on AD, 16 mill cooks, 15+ on Ramsey?
Looks like the early 2000s all over again.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Hell yeah!!!!! Well played!!!! Yeah, first rounders are a tad over rated if they are the 20-32 picks.

MachS

Hall of Fame
RoD on Peters's PFF grades: lolol PFF is a joke

RoD on Ramsey's PFF grades: fuck yeah breh he elite

I've personally always liked PFF, I think it tells a lot beyond what the stats say. Regardless I've been watching Ramsey since he was a 'Nole and the guy is just different. ESPECIALLY for a scheme that should be playing man coverage. No more of this 10+ yards off zone bullshit.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Totally against it. Next year is his option year. Since we gave up two 1st we have to extend him. He and his agent know that so the price just went up. I will be amazed if we can avoid cap hell. My guess is say good bye to Littleton and Johnson.

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
That's a tremendous price. I hope he's worth it. It's his diva attitude that has me worried. He's under contract this year and next year.

Well this gives Wade his shutdown press man coverage CBs in Ramsey and Long. It also means Whit is definitely gone next year.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Im just catching up on the other 2 trades this afternoon. Does anyone have the scouting reporton tgis ramsey guy. I hope be can start right away n

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Love Ramsey but don't love the trade. 2 first rounders is too much considering our needs going foward. Plus I'm not sure he will be as effective in Wade's scheme. Yes I know that's blasphemy to some but the results have been what they are.
Agreed

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't think he's tradeable. This year would result in massive dead money and cap hit. Next year the cap hit becomes kind of manageable, but you are asking another team to take on a ton of guaranteed money for a RB with some kind of knee issue.
True.
The dead money on Goff, Gurley, Donald makes it impossible.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Those are the reasons I want him. He's the best cornerback in the NFL. He's a future HOFer if he continues on his path.

I just hope that we can re-sign him. If we have to give up someone like Cooks, Havenstein, or Gurley, that's fine by me.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
he's not on the last year of his contract is he ?

TXRams86

The Infamous
If we can sign him to a long term deal, I ain’t even mad. I’m ok with giving up more than a first round pick for a proven first round talent. Two firsts is a pretty steep price to pay for any player in this league not named Aaron Donald but, gotta pay to play.

“We ain’t done yet”