New Ram Ramsey fully participates in Thursday’s practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Check out Houston Texans depth chart. Mingo and Martin are second string. Juat like i said.

So yeahs. Lets move on.

again with your logic:

The Clowney trade is bad cause he wasn’t resigned after the trade.

The Antonio Brown is good because the Raiders signed him long term contract

I mean that’s your logic.

But yeah, you’re not a fan of the trade.
I like the trade.

Let’s both move on.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
again with your logic:

The Clowney trade is bad cause he wasn’t resigned after the trade.

The Antonio Brown is good because the Raiders signed him long term contract

I mean that’s your logic.

But yeah, you’re not a fan of the trade.
I like the trade.

Let’s both move on.
Not at all.

It totally depends on what you gave up in the trade. For instance. I applaud the Rams for not signing Watkins to a long term deal. As they gave up a 2nd and a 5th but they recouped a 3rd. That is a fine rental deal.

Two first and a 4th is not a rental. You damn well need to get a deal done. So this is like the Mack deal where the Bears signed him in one week. We should expect the same.

What did the Raiders give up for Brown? A 3rd and a 5th.. How is that anywhere near what the Rams just traded?

Explain your logic.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Wonder if they asked Dante Fowler Jr their take on Ramsey

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not at all.

It totally depends on what you gave up in the trade. For instance. I applaud the Rams for not signing Watkins to a long term deal. As they gave up a 2nd and a 5th but they recouped a 3rd. That is a fine rental deal.

Two first and a 4th is not a rental. You damn well need to get a deal done. So this is like the Mack deal where the Bears signed him in one week. We should expect the same.

What did the Raiders give up for Brown? A 3rd and a 5th.. How is that anywhere near what the Rams just traded?

Explain your logic.

I'm pretty sure the bears signed mack long term the same day. Mack waited until Donald signed then made sure the bears offered a bit more and signed when traded.

But then the raiders allowed him to seek a trade so he had weeks to get everything in order. Just wanted Donald to set the market and then he could ok a deal.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
One week or two weeks fine. How long before it becomes a concern? You have to go into this deal knowing basically how much. If Jalen shifts and it becomes significantly more than what?

Like I said. My concern is the individual here, I do not care what he said in a press conference. Just going off past actions.

Please take this into account.

in 2017, the Jags had a DYNASTIC defense. Of the top 6 defensive players from that team...NONE are there now. NONE.

Moreover, Ramsey is definitely a millennial player who's not within light years of the old school disciplinarian that Tom Coughlin is.

Ramsey's issues were with the FO and them making clear that he wasn't part of their long term plans. He had asked to be paid and if not, traded.

They dicked around and apparently, the FO got a bit unprofessional (or maybe just too candid as Coughlin is wont to to do).

Ramsey initially wanted to stay and get paid. He squashed any issues with the HC. But it was the FO that basically took the fight to him. Again, this all fits Tom Coughlin's MO to a tee.

Young, passionate players can often struggle to operate with grace or temperance in stressful business situations that are also inherently personal. It's a lot to ask of anyone, let alone a 24 yo kid with no experience beyond his 3 years in the NFL.

All this was said about Peters...and more.

Peters leaves this building basically rehabbed. When he got here, fans at least and more than a few GMs had written him off as a head case, cancer, trouble maker, etc. Leaving the Rams, his teammates and the FO are going out of their way even after he's gone to praise his professionalism, what a good teammate he's been and praising his actions on and off the field. He wasn't so much as pulled over for a speeding ticket afaik.

Suh was no trouble. Talib has been the epitome of a veteran leader.

The Rams were supposed to implode with all of these strong personalities. It's not the case.

McVay's strongest suit isn't his offensive acumen. It's his ability to relate to his players in a way that reinforces that his expectations are compliments and this coaching staff and franchise are intent on making players the best they can be to benefit both the Rams and the player. And other than Quinn in a move that couldn't be helped, we try to send guys to teams that are contending and in Peters' case, we specifically refused to trade him to a team that would insist he take a pay cut.

So we waited on a trade for no reason beyond making sure Peters got paid.

Now, most fans won't notice that, but you can BET that ever representative for NFL players is seeing how we do and it's huge.

I not only expect Ramsey to do extraordinarily well here, I expect Ramsey and Donald to be an even better HoF tandem than Ed Reed and Ray Lewis (and get along better as well).

Ramsey won't just do well here, he'll thrive here.

And he'll tackle like a safety as a CB...so yeah.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Not at all.

Explain your logic.

I like the trade. No logic needed.

I get it though — you love the Khalil Mack trade. And you won’t like this trade unless everything falls perfectly into your world vision. You think Jalen Ramsey is a diva and behaves like Antonio Brown. You have faith in Jaguar fans’ opinion over what actually comes out of Jalen Ramsey’s own mouth. You want Snead to handle contracts even though that’s not his job.

Did I miss anything?

Anyway

GO RAMS!!!
GO RAMSEY!!

Capitaino

UDFA
It's a win now move for a team not built to win now. I can't believe the Rams gave up 2 firsts for this guy. It used to be if you had a malcontent on your team, and you had to trade him you never got anything good back. Jags made out amazingly well. There's very few NFL teams that would give up 2 1sts for a franchise QB, let alone a CB.

He's a clear upgrade over Peters, so he does make the team better. But going forward, Rams must be counting on the NFL cap increasingly significantly in order to pay Goff, Donald, Gurley, and Ramsey AND be able to build a team to fill the rest of the 50 or so guys. I doubt many good teams are constructed as such. Reminds me of what the Redskins used to do under Snyder.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I like the trade. No logic needed.

I get it though — you love the Khalil Mack trade. And you won’t like this trade unless everything falls perfectly into your world vision. You think Jalen Ramsey is a diva and behaves like Antonio Brown. You have faith in Jaguar fans’ opinion over what actually comes out of Jalen Ramsey’s own mouth. You want Snead to handle contracts even though that’s not his job.

Did I miss anything?

Anyway

GO RAMS!!!
GO RAMSEY!!
Actually you missed alot,

My posting of Jaguars fans feelings was just one slant.

You completely missed how Ramsey forced a trade by faking a back injury for 3 weeks

You completely ignored Ramseys history of blaming other players and coaches for the Jaguars woes.

Why do you persist in doing no research yet criticize my posts?

Did I miss anything?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The difference is that Ramsey is in year four of his rookie deal which means we have to pay top dollar in salary to keep him.

That's true - he will cost money. And that matters. However, any player drafted with the picks would be a risk also, and would likely take some time to develop in the best case scenario. Instead the Rams got an All Pro type player at a key position. If they had drafted a guy vaguely that good with one of the picks they traded, they would have been ecstatic, even if the other first didn't work out. So yes, they will have to pay him - but with a vastly larger amount of surety than for the picks they traded. So yes, there's a gamble - but draft picks are gambles also. I don't love the Rams trading picks - but they seemingly have one of their bigger holes for 2020 filled now with an elite player, which makes it far easier to fill other holes with good but not elite players while still being a top team. It's a gamble of course - there are risks - but I trust Snead to make it work - at least there is a 50% or better chance that the trade makes the Rams better over the next 5 years.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The difference is that Ramsey is in year four of his rookie deal which means we have to pay top dollar in salary to keep him.
Yes. That’s the downside. However, the expectation is that the cap ceiling will go up substantially soon and that will soften the hit of their current high priced players.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Damn Doug Marrone seems heartbroken.

That's a good sign.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
I am wondering if the Rams have insider knowledge that the CAP is going to go up dramatically with the new CBA contract (or maybe they are hoping it will go up).