New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
Tim McKernan @tmckernan
From @jthom1: I take the Raiders-Chargers' announcement as a positive for St. Louis. I don't know how you can't see it as a positive.

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
From @jthom1: I see this as a pretty strong indication from the Chargers and Raiders that they don't want Stan Kroenke in Los Angeles.

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
From @jthom1: If you're the Raiders, I can see why they don't partner with Stan. They don't bring anything to the table for Kroenke.

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
From @jthom1: Sources tell me the league would prefer a California solution. This would be the California solution.

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
From @jthom1: People tell me to keep an eye on the situation in Denver. This could be the solution to the cross-ownership issue.

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
From @jthom1: I talked to @kdemoff yesterday, and they're not canceling FanFest. They're moving it to a smaller venue.

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
From @jthom1 on whether or not this could lead to Kroenke moving now: "All along, I've been told Stan won't go rogue."

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
From @LATimesfarmer on @TMASTL: This certainly impacts the Rams. How? We don't know. But we can certainly say it's reached a critical mass.

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
From @LATimesfarmer: Whether it's the Rams...or whether it's the Raiders/Chargers, it's going to be a decision coming from the league.

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
From @LATimesfarmer: This is certainly more than a bluff from the #Raiders and #Chargers.

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
From @LATimesfarmer on why the #Raiders partnered with the #Chargers and not Kroenke: Davis and Spanos are on equal footing...not a tenant.

Tim McKernan @tmckernan
From @LATimesfarmer:I don't think any of these teams are going to move now. The Raiders' and Chargers' calling card is doing it by the book

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
I wish the Rams would go ahead and announce the move to LA! Cancelling the Fanfest and cancer drive event seems blatantly anti STL fan! Like saying "you don't figure in the plans anymore"! Me, I'm hoping they stay but will still root for the team if they leave our fair city! Just bored with the drama!

FanFest is not being cancelled it is be altered for a new format.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FanFest is not being cancelled it is be altered for a new format.

You did a great job on this Goose, however, right now both sides of the fence is just awful until it's over. Everything is going to be put under the microscope including the preposterous joint venture deal for the Chargers & Raiders in Carson County....The games people play!

Goose is right on point nothing has been cancelled, they've just changed the format and it sounds like it will be much better for the Gateway City.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't really see the Chargers/Raiders announcement changing anything. Kroenke is already WAY ahead(he's probably been working on it for years) of those two and has the money and power to impose his will. The other two can't say that.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I don't really see the Chargers/Raiders announcement changing anything. Kroenke is already WAY ahead(he's probably been working on it for years) of those two and has the money and power to impose his will. The other two can't say that.
Will find out Tuesday.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

No? The SD/Oak deal is privately financed. The NFL wants 2 teams in LA - and neither Oakland nor SD is likely to get a new stadium otherwise. Meanwhile, STL has a stadium plan. I'd say SD and Oak just took the lead in the race to LA - although I know that's hard for many fans here to hear.

This SD/Oak thing has also been in the works for years, the land was apparently purchased years ago. I wouldn't count out Stan, of course - in fact I would guess that last nights announcement was not at all a surprise to him.

It sure is exciting to watch billionaire poker though.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
You did a great job on this Goose, however, right now both sides of the fence is just awful until it's over. Everything is going to be put under the microscope including the preposterous joint venture deal for the Chargers & Raiders in Carson County....The games people play!

Goose is right on point nothing has been cancelled, they've just changed the format and it sounds like it will be much better for the Gateway City.

Den.... long time brother. I won't believe anything until the shovels hit the dirt. I know they are moving dirt in Inglewood but that is tied to the other development at this point. Unfortunately, it is the fans that are losing in this process. St. Louis has the best chance to keep their team because there is a plan and that plan is moving forward. We have a long way to go before this thing is over, it is a marathon, and nothing has been decided. This new Charger/Raider plan didn't come out of no where apparently they have been working on it for close to a year. They have been keeping the NFL up to date on the progress. The one thing that that announcement does is put to rest the rumors of a team swap, Stan buying the Raiders, or either of those teams riding Stan's coattails. It is going to be along year for all three cities.

V3

Hall of Fame
No? The SD/Oak deal is privately financed. The NFL wants 2 teams in LA - and neither Oakland nor SD is likely to get a new stadium otherwise. Meanwhile, STL has a stadium plan. I'd say SD and Oak just took the lead in the race to LA - although I know that's hard for many fans here to hear.

This SD/Oak thing has also been in the works for years, the land was apparently purchased years ago. I wouldn't count out Stan, of course - in fact I would guess that last nights announcement was not at all a surprise to him.

It sure is exciting to watch billionaire poker though.
That's the first I've heard about the SD/Oak plan being in the works for years. If that's the case, then perhaps they have a chance. I still have my doubts, though, considering the money and power Kroenke has.

*(listening to the radio now and they just said Kroenke is way ahead in the process)*

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
What this does is make sure Stan waits for a vote to move. There is now more than one team that has a claim to LA, and Stan can't just move there now. I can also see the NFL approving those 2 to move ahead of the Rams.

iced

That's the first I've heard about the SD/Oak plan being in the works for years. If that's the case, then perhaps they have a chance. I still have my doubts, though, considering the money and power Kroenke has.

I think the power is shifted in SD/OAK hands - if Spanos had the votes to block a move before, i can see him having more support now with Davis... It also solves an issue for 2 teams with 1 stadium, both who have been trying for years to get a new stadium built (Chargers have been trying for 14).

The Rams have a stadium plan on the table - SD and Oakland don't.

V3

Hall of Fame
I think the power is shifted in SD/OAK hands - if Spanos had the votes to block a move before, i can see him having more support now with Davis... It also solves an issue for 2 teams with 1 stadium, both who have been trying for years to get a new stadium built (Chargers have been trying for 14).

The Rams have a stadium plan on the table - SD and Oakland don't.
I've read different articles on the votes to block Stan and have seen conflicting reports. I don't know who to believe on that.

I don't know. I'm just tired of this soap opera. I hope you're right. This is the first draft I can remember that I really can't get interested in and it's all due to this crap.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair, that poll was done when it was the Rams as the clear front runner with an actual plan. That may change now. Plus you could vote more than once, even some St Louis media members were tweeting to vote for the Raiders, to stuff the ballots.

But I agree, I think Stan and mayor Butts move into hyper drive and stick shovels in asap. Then the big question is do they keep trying even if he's building?
So, let me ask you:
If it's the Chargers and Raiders in L.A. (and Rams stay in STL) , how does that make you feel?

iced

I've read different articles on the votes to block Stan and have seen conflicting reports. I don't know who to believe on that.

I don't know. I'm just tired of this soap opera. I hope you're right. This is the first draft I can remember that I really can't get interested in and it's all due to this crap.

me either - but i also don't think that highly of this years draft lol

bluecoconuts

Legend
So, let me ask you:
If it's the Chargers and Raiders in L.A. (and Rams stay in STL) , how does that make you feel?

Well if you bothered paying attention instead of trying to stir up shit, you'd see that I would be happy, given I have a house in St Louis.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It is going to be along year for all three cities.

You're so right my good man and hopefully with the assistance from others we'll be able to cut through the tripe and read between the lines so in the future the both us can be enjoying a fine single malt or a hoppy brew down by the river!;)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well if you bothered paying attention instead of trying to stir up crap, you'd see that I would be happy, given I have a house in St Louis.
No need to get personal... you'll excuse me if I failed to find your thoughts on it over the course of 97 pages.

Peace, brother.

bluecoconuts

Legend
No need to get personal... you'll excuse me if I failed to find your thoughts on it over the course of 97 pages.

Peace, brother.

I would just imagine it would be smart to hold back on gloating until things are done. Until Kroenke starts writing checks in St Louis for a stadium this means very little. It's more complicated now, but its still a very long ways away, and Kroenke remains in the drivers seat for the time being.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Not sure how to break up quotes so doing this line by line ...sorry

Just paint over the sentence you want to quote by holding the left clicker and dragging it across. Release the left click and there will be a pop up box that says
+ Quote/Reply. Click reply and there you go.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would just imagine it would be smart to hold back on gloating until things are done. Until Kroenke starts writing checks in St Louis for a stadium this means very little. It's more complicated now, but its still a very long ways away, and Kroenke remains in the drivers seat for the time being.
Dude, who's gloating?

I asked a question... apparently, your intentions were revealed in page what? 65? I missed it. Sorry.

Although you say you'd be happy, at least to me, seems you are arguing pretty profusely on the pro-L.A. side.

I guess I'll just stay out of this mess now... getting touchy.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/20/goodell-needs-to-prevent-chaos-in-l-a/

Goodell needs to prevent chaos in L.A.
Posted by Mike Florio on February 20, 2015

oddcouple.jpg

Twenty years ago, Roger Goodell played a key role in resolving the Cleveland conundrum that arose when Browns owner Art Modell decided to move the team to Baltimore. In the end, Modell left the name and the records behind, Cleveland was guaranteed an expansion franchise in 1999, and the future Commissioner scored plenty of points on Park Avenue for working it all out.

Today, Goodell ultimately presides over a far more complicated situation in L.A., a market that became vacant the same year Modell decided to leave Ohio. For most of two decades, the place that the Raiders and Rams left after the 1994 season had provided the league with leverage in stadium negotiations, helping multiple teams get new buildings funded in part by taxpayer money with L.A. serving as the “or else.” In recent months, L.A. has become a necessity for teams that had hit a brick wall in this new era of public reluctance to subsidize ballparks for billionaires.

And so with the Rams intent on relocating to Inglewood, the Chargers and Raiders have thrown a joint hat into the ring with the concept of sharing a stadium in Carson. The mere fact that a pair of AFC West rivals would agree to an Oscar-and-Felix-style cohabitation shows just how desperate the situation has become. In the Bay Area, the Raiders had no interest in sharing space with a team they play once every four years. In Carson, two of the annual 16 regular-season games played there would pit the tenants against each other.

In their joint statement announcing plans to explore a stadium together in Carson, the Raiders and Chargers made clear their desire to respect the NFL’s relocation procedures. Rams owner Stan Kroenke has yet to make any such commitment. Ultimately, it doesn’t matter. As the Raiders proved more than 30 years ago, the antitrust laws prevent the NFL from telling any of its owners where to do business.

Which sets the stage for chaos. If the NFL approves the Raiders-Chargers stadium venture, the Rams can still move to Inglewood. Alternatively, the Rams can relocate before the Raiders and Chargers secure permission from the league to leave their current homes.

The situation cries out for a negotiated solution, with Goodell intervening, getting the three owners together, and clunking heads together if necessary to work something out. And with all owners convening in Phoenix next month for the annual league meetings, that’s the perfect place to do it.

Ultimately, look for two teams to move to L.A. and one to go elsewhere, with perhaps St. Louis and San Antonio vying for the odd man out. Our best guess for now (and it’s truly just a guess) would be the Rams and Chargers sharing a stadium in L.A. (probably Inglewood) and the Raiders relocating to St. Louis or San Antonio.

Of course, it’s still theoretically possible that the Raiders will realize they should just move in with the 49ers. If the Raiders are willing to climb into the sack with their rivals from San Diego, sharing space with San Francisco shouldn’t be a problem. But that would introduce a fourth franchise into the negotiations, and the 49ers still may not want the Raiders in their stadium.

However it works out, the L.A. situation has gone from 20 years of simmer to full boil. It’s now up to a Commissioner who in many respects remains under siege to find a way to keep it from blowing up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-share-stadium-one-would-likely-move-to-nfc/

If Chargers and Raiders share stadium, one would likely move to NFC
Posted by Mike Florio on February 20, 2015

In the wake of the shocking announcement from the Raiders and Chargers that the teams currently are pursuing a joint stadium plan in Carson, California, some additional information is trickling out.

Per the same league source who told PFT in October that the NFL intends to return to L.A. within 12-24 months, a shared stadium by the Chargers and Raiders means that one of the teams likely would move to the NFC.

The current thinking is that the Raiders would be the most likely of the two to leave for the NFC West. The question then becomes which of the NFC West teams would move to the AFC West.

The Seahawks belonged to the AFC West from 1977 through 2001, but the early rumor/expectation is that the Rams or Cardinals would change conferences, with the Seahawks and 49ers staying put.

Of course, this all hinges on the Chargers-Raiders alliance securing the ability to move to Carson over the Rams, who apparently want to move to Inglewood.

Status
Not open for further replies.