New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A55VA6

Legend
My bet is Stan speeds shit up and does anything he can to get shovels in the ground ASAP.

L.A. fans want the Rams, not the Raiders or Chargers. It's not even close. But I guess we will see how this process plays out.

Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 10.28.55 PM.png

bluecoconuts

Legend
My bet is Stan speeds crap up and does anything he can to get shovels in the ground ASAP.

L.A. fans want the Rams, not the Raiders or Chargers. It's not even close. But I guess we'll see how this works out.

View attachment 5443

To be fair, that poll was done when it was the Rams as the clear front runner with an actual plan. That may change now. Plus you could vote more than once, even some St Louis media members were tweeting to vote for the Raiders, to stuff the ballots.

But I agree, I think Stan and mayor Butts move into hyper drive and stick shovels in asap. Then the big question is do they keep trying even if he's building?

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
I have no words. This is unreal. Just when I think I am out....they pull me back in!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Honestly, how many stadium concepts have been drawn up for the LA area since the NFL left?

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
Joint Statement from the Raiders and the Chargers
Thursday, February 19, 2015 6:55 PM PST
  • We have both been working in our home markets to find a stadium solution for many years, so far unsuccessfully.
  • We remain committed to continuing to work in our home markets throughout 2015 to try to find publicly acceptable solutions to the long-term stadium issue.
  • We also both understand and respect the NFL’s relocation process, and we intend to adhere strictly to the relocation procedures that the League has set forth for Los Angeles.
  • In particular, we respect the right of the NFL’s owners to decide on all Los Angeles-related relocation issues and understand that any relocation application that is filed for Los Angeles must obtain the approval of three-fourths of the NFL’s owners.
  • Both teams have kept the NFL owners’ committee on Los Angeles, and the Commissioner, fully informed about our joint efforts.
  • We are pursuing this stadium option in Carson for one straightforward reason: If we cannot find a permanent solution in our home markets, we have no alternative but to preserve other options to guarantee the future economic viability of our franchises.
  • In short, for the remainder of 2015, we intend to move down two tracks simultaneously:
    • On track one, we will continue to work in our home markets to find permanent stadium solutions that are publicly acceptable.
    • On track two, we will work in Carson to preserve our options, and the future economic viability of our franchises, in the event that our efforts in our local markets fail.
  • Throughout this process we will respect the rules and procedures set forth by the League and defer completely to the ultimate decision of the NFL’s owners.
http://www.chargers.com/news/2015/02/19/joint-statement-raiders-and-chargers

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
The Chargers and Raiders say they have been keeping the NFL updated. The Rams say, and it's been confirmed, that they have been keeping the NFL updated. Is it safe to assume that nothing has been kept from the two sides by the NFL? Stan must have known this was coming, right? If it was a secret from him, they wouldn't announce it right before Inglewood's Tuesday meeting, right? That would just speed everything up....

If it smells like a leverage conspiracy........

Sum1

Hall of Fame
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Raiders are still L.A.&#39;s de facto team and the Chargers claim 25% of their fan base is in L.A. so it&#39;s a partnership that makes sense.</p>&mdash; Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) <a href="
View: https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/568613843196370944
">February 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bluecoconuts

Legend
The Chargers and Raiders say they have been keeping the NFL updated. The Rams say, and it's been confirmed, that they have been keeping the NFL updated. Is it safe to assume that nothing has been kept from the two sides by the NFL? Stan must have known this was coming, right? If it was a secret from him, they wouldn't announce it right before Inglewood's Tuesday meeting, right? That would just speed everything up....

If it smells like a leverage conspiracy........

You gotta think they knew. It could be a serious push for a deal in their cities, I would like to know what happens if one team gets a good deal and the other doesn't. Do they say no and push for LA still unless the other team gets one? Or do they take it and the other piggy backs on Stan? What if Stan pulls out? So many more questions.

I like this solution because if the Rams do move to the AFC West, then there will be at least one Rams game in LA a year, I think that at least helps LA Rams fans, assuming the Rams stay in St Louis and the other plan moves forward.

Lots of questions now, have to assume Kroenke makes his counter move. They are teaming up against him, but he still has more money than them combined, if he's willing to spend it to move is another question though.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I was just about to doze off when I saw a post on facebook about this...now I'm wide awake and can't help but scour for info (even though I know there is nothing but a lot of opinions and questions coming from fans and media alike...)

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Joint Statement from the Raiders and the Chargers
Thursday, February 19, 2015 6:55 PM PST
  • We have both been working in our home markets to find a stadium solution for many years, so far unsuccessfully.
  • We remain committed to continuing to work in our home markets throughout 2015 to try to find publicly acceptable solutions to the long-term stadium issue.
  • We also both understand and respect the NFL’s relocation process, and we intend to adhere strictly to the relocation procedures that the League has set forth for Los Angeles.
  • In particular, we respect the right of the NFL’s owners to decide on all Los Angeles-related relocation issues and understand that any relocation application that is filed for Los Angeles must obtain the approval of three-fourths of the NFL’s owners.
  • Both teams have kept the NFL owners’ committee on Los Angeles, and the Commissioner, fully informed about our joint efforts.
  • We are pursuing this stadium option in Carson for one straightforward reason: If we cannot find a permanent solution in our home markets, we have no alternative but to preserve other options to guarantee the future economic viability of our franchises.
  • In short, for the remainder of 2015, we intend to move down two tracks simultaneously:
    • On track one, we will continue to work in our home markets to find permanent stadium solutions that are publicly acceptable.
    • On track two, we will work in Carson to preserve our options, and the future economic viability of our franchises, in the event that our efforts in our local markets fail.
  • Throughout this process we will respect the rules and procedures set forth by the League and defer completely to the ultimate decision of the NFL’s owners.
http://www.chargers.com/news/2015/02/19/joint-statement-raiders-and-chargers
At least the Raiders and Chargers are putting out statements regarding possible relocation. The Rams haven't said shit, and don't give me "they speak with their actions" crap. All we get are reports from the media and a statement from Stockbridge Capital Group.

Am I the only one who would love it if the same day as the Raiders and Chargers moving to LA St Louis realised it had misplaced that $400m for the new stadium somewhere and claim it might take around 10 years to locate it again?

Big Unit

UDFA
I have no words. This is unreal. Just when I think I am out....they pull me back in!
Me, too! Decided after 20 years not to renew my season tickets. Then: In the Chinese calendar, 2015 is "year of the Ram"; Dave Peacock puts St. Louis stadium plans into hyperdrive; I like the concept of how the stadium would fit with the downtown plan (museum under the Arch closed this Monday; downtown would be green space from the Arch and the River to Tucker; from Busch Stadium north to the new stadium and then the Stan Musial Bridge). So now I'm not so sure, especially if current season ticket holders get first options on a new stadium, and if the Rams...or some NFL team...stay.

If the NFL moved the Rams or other STL team to the AFC West, could open up common sense regional rivalries with the Chiefs and the Broncos, and either the Raiders or Chargers.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I wish the Rams would go ahead and announce the move to LA! Cancelling the Fanfest and cancer drive event seems blatantly anti STL fan! Like saying "you don't figure in the plans anymore"! Me, I'm hoping they stay but will still root for the team if they leave our fair city! Just bored with the drama!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I wish the Rams would go ahead and announce the move to LA! Cancelling the Fanfest and cancer drive event seems blatantly anti STL fan! Like saying "you don't figure in the plans anymore"! Me, I'm hoping they stay but will still root for the team if they leave our fair city! Just bored with the drama!

I thought the love fest with LA fans in SD was worse. Their middle finger has been up for a while.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I thought the love fest with LA fans in SD was worse. Their middle finger has been up for a while.
Looking back at this, it makes sense that he'd cultivate the fan base in LA in preparation for the move! Just wish he'd say it and stop stringing it along!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Looking back at this, it makes sense that he'd cultivate the fan base in LA in preparation for the move! Just wish he'd say it and stop stringing it along!

Do you also get the sinking feeling LA ends up with 2+ teams and St Louis ends with 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.