New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iced

rams-render2.png

rams-render3.png

rams-render.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not to nit pick, but why dont the renderings match up? Clearly from picture 2 above and picture 3, the parking schematic is entirely different. I guess picture 3 has been around awhile and 1 & 2 are new?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Did they talk about how the proposed St. Louis stadium will be financed?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
The amount of parking is impressive.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Not to nit pick, but why dont the renderings match up? Clearly from picture 2 above and picture 3, the parking schematic is entirely different. I guess picture 3 has been around awhile and 1 & 2 are new?

2 is probably the true parking. 3 is probably just to showcase the green space.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil

I think you're probably right. I'd imagine the computer generated images are newer.

iced

i snapped them all from the same conference - and they had about 2 or 3 other pictures i couldn't get a chance to snag... and of course one guy walked in front of the render on one when i hit print screen lol

Athos

Legend
Open air near the river during December would be cold as balls in St. Louis from what I remember.

But then, the running joke in CoMo was that you could experience all 4 seasons in a week, sometimes a day, at any point in the year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i snapped them all from the same conference - and they had about 2 or 3 other pictures i couldn't get a chance to snag... and of course one guy walked in front of the render on one when i hit print screen lol
Did he have a nice butt? Lol

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Often in the architectural design process, a preliminary drawing will be sent off to a rendering firm, while the 3-D model & plans are completed & reviewed by the Owner. If the Owner makes changes, or other changes are made by the Architect or consultants, it's kind of too late to revise a full-color rendering, especially a nice water-color effect one like the one above.

Honestly, though, I'm not impressed.... it looks kinda like a college football stadium, where they added nosebleed seats to an older stadium to boost capacity. I suppose they did so to minimize the footprint of the stadium by going vertical? No weather protection afforded at all, dome or no dome; a cool overhang would be great, even during hot autumn days where the temps can get pretty hot on the field. Overall, the plans & renderings seem very basic & uninspiring, not even close to the flashy designs Kronke's group show in the LA Times article. Sometimes, it's best to wait until your design work is more developed before presenting it to the public.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
He kind of skirted over it. And said it wouldn't be revealed until they had a commitment from the NFL.
That's not good for them. AFAIK, the Inglewood plan's financing is already out there.

Until they can show they can finance it, especially with politicians on record as wanting no more public funding for a stadium, it's just a pretty drawing.

That said, I agree it's very pretty and I'd have little to complain about if the Rams played there.

Status
Not open for further replies.