New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
One thing to add Boffo.
The January 28th deadline to sign the 2015 lease is soon approaching. As far as I know, the Rams haven't signed that lease yet.

They are selling 2015 season tickets, have not told anyone they are going to leave for 2015, and have told Jim Thomas they are here for next season.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
They are selling 2015 season tickets, have not told anyone they are going to leave for 2015, and have told Jim Thomas they are here for next season.
Thanks Chris.
I also enjoyed that article on Peacock.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If it came to that, season tickets can be refunded quite easily.

And frankly, given this team's record on their comments recently, if I were a St. Louisan, I'd feel safer if the team actually said they were moving rather than said they were staying... ;)

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
If it came to that, season tickets can be refunded quite easily.

And frankly, given this team's record on their comments recently, if I were a St. Louisan, I'd feel safer if the team actually said they were moving rather than said they were staying... ;)

Fair enough, they have a little over a month to file for relocation.

One thing I'd like to add is in 2016 the Copa America is going to be held in the US. It'll be the biggest soccer event since the World Cup. St. Louis has a bid in, and I wonder if this stadium could be finished before then. That would be a TIGHT construction schedule though.

bluecoconuts

Legend
That will be decided in a courtroom, if it comes to that.

Believe me when I say this: the cavalier cowboy days of Bob Irsay packing up a moving van in the dead of night and leaving simply because he wants to are over, its in the past. Forget the court of public opinion for a second, the NFL is in serious trouble with the GOVERNMENT over the handling of the domestic abuse scandals. The power brokers in the NFL know that if they don't keep the Government at an arms length, their party is over. The Party that the Krafts, Joneses, Rooneys, Johnsons, and Bidwells have been enjoying for the past 15-20 years would be over in an instant. You think these guys would honestly risk this bubble of autonomy over a petulant man child like Kroenke throwing his weight around?

Kroenke's complete disregard for procedure and protocol is a cyanide capsule for the league, and the real power brokers know that.

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that the NFL could force Stan out and force him to sell rather than lose their antitrust status. that is how serious this could be.

The problem is there's already precedent that would indicate a court case would sway in favor of Stan Kronke. Also in order for the government to get involved enough people are going to need to be mad enough at the Rams losing, I.E. St Louis reps. However they're going to have Southern California reps (including San Diego) who will likely support the move, as they feel its better for their people. Suffice to say, I don't think there would be some huge government intrusion over this.

Stan isn't a dumb guy, the chances of him going to court is low. He didn't plan on building this stadium without a team ready to go. The NFL said they believed a team would be there in 12-24 months back in October, they knew what was going on, they're not dumb either. If Stan wants to go, they won't take him to court, or block him, or anything. He will argue he made his proposal, city didn't take it seriously, he won arbitration, city still didn't take it seriously, so he moved. Exhausted all options? Hardly, but who's going to enforce it? All the owners know is there's more money coming their way with the move, and it sounds good to them. It'll be harder to get those 9 votes anyway.

Gotta think teams like KC and others close look to allow it so they can expand into the market. NFC West likes it for travel reasons. Other teams likely don't really have a dog in the fight so they may be swayed by the more influential owners, like Jerry Jones who's been trying to stick a team there for years. Other than San Diego and Oakland who would be opposed to it? Khan? Maybe because he has ties (or he could support it with eyes to move to St Louis) or the Bills because their last owner hated relocation and they might want to continue that idea?

A lot of these things are rumors, but the idea that a business man as smart and calculated as Stan is doing things without having his ducks in a row seem very unlikely. If its a leverage deal or even just him not wanting to move at all, then that's cool, and he'll stay. If he wants to leave then, he'll go and the NFL will happily let him.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Another black eye for the NFL allowing Stan to even act like he's going to move before the process is completed.
Concussion problems. check
Wife beaters. check
Child beaters. check
No loyalty to team cities. check
Blown calls. check

I think it is time to end the monopoly the NFL has enjoyed all these years. Congress...what's up!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
How's this for the ultimate nightmare scenario for the NFL:

1. Rams are on the verge of being a really good team, capable of making the playoffs.
  2. Next year Rams go 11-5 / 12-4 and win the West
  3. Rams advance to and win the NFC Championship game
  4. Rams win the Super Bowlo_O

The NFL now has a Super Bowl champion that could be on the verge of leaving it's current city.
Would make for some interesting conversations/marketing problems/explanations/etc. in the league offices.

Just sayin' there's a lot of twists and turns this road is going to take before it all plays out.

:unsure::whistle::):(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:cry::sick::LOL:

Could you imagine? If the above scenario played out - the dome would be pretty full and rocking too.... then what??

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could you imagine? If the above scenario played out - the dome would be pretty full and rocking too.... then what??
I'm thinking they enjoy the off season, and the front office starts preparing themselves for 2016 free agency, the NFL combine and the draft.

iced

Was able to get a screen shot of one render

10912200_10205706213564752_178362125_o.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
I like it, clean and simple. Looks like there will be a clean view of the arch too, which is cool.

Semi Related note, Oof Jenkins, that's going to lose you major points.

A55VA6

Legend
-Open air stadium along the north riverfront
-Stadium will cost 860 to 900 million
-Plan calls for construction for opening by the 2020 NFL season.
-10,000 parking spaces for tailgating
-64,000 seats for football, 34,000 seats for soccer, 7,500 club seats

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Don't know how it will end but Peacock stated "that this is our team and keep supporting it"! Not making it easy for the NFL to just let the team go! Spending 900 plus million for a new stadium is not small potatoes! Next step is presentation to the committee at the NFL in a week or 2.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I genuinely have no idea but opening for 2020: is that a typical turn around for these kind of things?

I'm no expert but I reckon I could do it quicker than that :sneaky:

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
And also what is the average seating capacity for an NFL stadium (ignoring uncle Jerry's penis extension in Texas which would surely skew the average)?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I genuinely have no idea but opening for 2020: is that a typical turn around for these kind of things?

I'm no expert but I reckon I could do it quicker than that :sneaky:

5 years from proposal to opening is pretty damn fast. Especially if your buying the land and demolishing several city blocks worth of blighted warehouses.

Status
Not open for further replies.