New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Pretty sure Goodell is on the Inglewood bandwagon... If Stan has enough votes to block, which he reportedly does, then they will need to make some sort of deal between the three owners. Raiders are the most likely candidate to be the odd man out.

He'd be the first team there, with the first stadium, and would have the biggest ability to draw PSL's and corporate dollars. If he goes on it without permission, and the NFL doesn't fight it, then Carson wont happen, they wouldn't be profitable, and GS would likely pull out. It would be very ugly though, seems unlikely.
Ugly indeed. I very much doubt it happens

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Exactly my point. If the Raiders and Chargers are approved then why would Kroenke want to go rogue?
My point was if they tried to stop him but if both the Raiders and chargers get the vote maybe he wouldn't. I just don't think the Chargers and Raiders are going to get the needed votes and I don't think they will be able to make it happen like Stan. Just my personal opinion.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
My point was if they tried to stop him but if both the Raiders and chargers get the vote maybe he wouldn't. I just don't think the Chargers and Raiders are going to get the needed votes and I don't think they will be able to make it happen like Stan. Just my personal opinion.
Oh, so your scenario is based on all three teams being denied. Right, he would then have the market to himself if he decided to go rogue.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
That is quite a competition.....
You could base it on which owner has the most weirdo hair too....Raiders and Rams in the lead....
12144840_1020360028002052_5309953763231132221_n.jpg

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Lost in all this hysteria, as in, "if such and such happens, the NFL is toast", (aside- what color is the sky where you live?), does anyone else think it would be a bit strange, (read insane), for two AFC teams from the same division who btw the way fucking hate each other to share a stadium?

MrMotes

Starter
Again, the question for me is why would Stan want to go rogue just to be team number 3 in the LA market? The fact that we're talking about 3 teams (with two teaming up) vying for the same market makes this thing totally different from anything that may have happened in the past.

It's a pretty unlikely scenario but if Carson was approved and Stan came anyway, Inglewood would be at least a year ahead of Carson and the Goldman Sachs funding of Carson might fall apart if they had a serious competitor who was ahead of them...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yes I merged the other thread about submitting relocation papers to this thread. Just a few more days guys and hopefully we can open up this subject. If there is an actual decision made though, we will make sure everyone knows.

Cheers!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Here are a few articles sent to me by various members. Thanks @rams2050 , @Rabid Ram , @SuperMan28 , and @iced

Rams, Chargers, Raiders file with NFL for relocation to Los Angeles

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...s-oakland-raiders-file-los-angeles-relocation

Could FAA objections ground L.A. stadium?

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jo.../Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/LA-stadium.aspx

Los Angeles relocation fee to be $550 million per team

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...les-relocation-fee-to-be-550-million-per-team

Construction is underway at Hollywood Park site; if they build there, will NFL's Rams come home?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-inglewood-nfl-stadium-20151221-story.html

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Anyone have access to the others?
Oddly, it looks like the Rams are the only ones to release theirs to the public. Not sure what to make of it but I'm guessing I wouldn't be pleased if I were a fan in the Lou.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This article - also provided to me by @iced suggests that Kroenke didn't release the proposal as some sort of maneuver or by choice. In the article I still think Florio is throwing something out to see if it gains traction. Hard to fathom Spanos and Kroenke trading "pink slips" but I suppose stranger things have happened when billionaires play poker.

Is Kroenke trying to make it impossible to stay it in St. Louis?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...to-make-it-impossible-to-stay-it-in-st-louis/

Status
Not open for further replies.