New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FRO

Legend
Incorrect, educate yourself on his teams before you make baseless assumptions and accuse the man of not wanting to win. Shame on him for signing a GM and Coach to a 5 year contract and honoring it. I mean hell he could be the Browns owner and fire both every other year.
Well why didn't he force the coach and GM to honor the contract of Jake Long? If you don't do your job you get fired. Had Fisher won more games he would be asking Kroenke for an extension and probable raise. What sports team does Kroeke own that is perennially good?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Nah let them in. They can see what a well run board is like. Members will self moderate and Then they can get the boot.

FRO

Legend
Incorrect, educate yourself on his teams before you make baseless assumptions and accuse the man of not wanting to win. Shame on him for signing a GM and Coach to a 5 year contract and honoring it. I mean hell he could be the Browns owner and fire both every other year.
And creating a false narrative that if we fire Fisher we are now the Browns. Fisher got 4 years when most coaches only get 3. Chip Kelly had multiple 10 win seasons and still got fired after 3 years. Fisher has been given an extraordinary long rope. Only 2 other coaches have gotten a 5th year after 4 losing seasons. Both were glne before the 5th year ended.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
If that happens, the NFL is pretty well screwed. If a single owner can, against the wishes of the league and his fellow owners and in the face of a city offering a publicly-funded stadium, say "F YOU" to all parties involved, then the league is done. This only works if the owners as a whole can keep each other in check.
AL Davis was always flipping the bird to the NFL and the other owners and he sued the NFL in court and won. The league will continue no matter what. I think Jerry Jones also said the NFL can't stop a team from moving and it would lose in court if it tried.

FRO

Legend
If that happens, the NFL is pretty well screwed. If a single owner can, against the wishes of the league and his fellow owners and in the face of a city offering a publicly-funded stadium, say "F YOU" to all parties involved, then the league is done. This only works if the owners as a whole can keep each other in check.
They can withhold TV revenue and what not to Kroenke. They will make him pay big time if he defies them.

Athos

Legend
I hope the NFL cracks his balls like a walnut if he goes against the majority. Hit him where it hurts most.

The wallet.

Then the pride.

Make him consider just selling.

I hate Goodhell and co. But if they don't show some teeth here, the NFL is dead.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Hope to get some resolution to this sooner than later. I feel for the fans in StL with the move , but at the same time, my selfish side would welcome the team back with open arms. I've never been to an NFL game... as an L.A. native it would be pretty cool to have my team essentially playing in my own backyard.

Lesson

Oh, really?

Well, they haven't won consistently.

Kroenke's won 1 championship as a majority owner between the Nuggets, Avalanche, Rams, and Arsenal, and that was with the Avalanche 15 years ago.

Kroenke does spend money. But with him being a hands off owner(which is fine), the issue is him having the right people in charge of having the personnel in place and coaching said teams and with the results said teams' have had, IMO, it is fair to argue if he's done a great job at hiring the best people possible to run the teams.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame

I like Fisher, but Stan's teams are rarely in the top ten. Hopefully Rams change that next year.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
AL Davis was always flipping the bird to the NFL and the other owners and he sued the NFL in court and won. The league will continue no matter what. I think Jerry Jones also said the NFL can't stop a team from moving and it would lose in court if it tried.
Which was the entire purpose behind changing up the NFL owners' agreement and relocation by-laws. The era of teams moving all over the place that peaked in the '90's was supposedly shot down by this, and that was in large part due to how alienating the process was to NFL cities' fan bases.

Jerry is right that the NFL cannot stop a team from moving, but what he fails to mention when he's out supporting Kroenke's right to do whatever he wants is that the NFL has more than enough ammunition to make NFL ownership a major losing proposition to any owner who does. The owner controls the team, but the NFL controls the truly lucrative revenue streams.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Again, the question for me is why would Stan want to go rogue just to be team number 3 in the LA market? The fact that we're talking about 3 teams (with two teaming up) vying for the same market makes this thing totally different from anything that may have happened in the past.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Again, the question for me is why would Stan want to go rogue just to be team number 3 in the LA market? The fact that we're talking about 3 teams (with two teaming up) vying for the same market makes this thing totally different from anything that may have happened in the past.
If he goes rouge he will be the first one with a brand new stadium.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
With Ramstalk shut down, those wanting to troll probably don't know what to do with their lives right now. That site was is one huge clusterfuck right now. Regardless of what happens I'm so happy we are nearing the end of this.
They'll just come here and to other Rams boards to stir shit up because that's what they do.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I hope the NFL cracks his balls like a walnut if he goes against the majority. Hit him where it hurts most.

The wallet.

Then the pride.

Make him consider just selling.

I hate Goodhell and co. But if they don't show some teeth here, the NFL is dead.

Pretty sure Goodell is on the Inglewood bandwagon... If Stan has enough votes to block, which he reportedly does, then they will need to make some sort of deal between the three owners. Raiders are the most likely candidate to be the odd man out.

He'd be the first team there, with the first stadium, and would have the biggest ability to draw PSL's and corporate dollars. If he goes on it without permission, and the NFL doesn't fight it, then Carson wont happen, they wouldn't be profitable, and GS would likely pull out. It would be very ugly though, seems unlikely.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I don't think all 3 teams moving is going to happen but I read somewhere that Stan reached out to the Chargers so yes it sounds like he's very interested. I just don't think the NFL would try to stop Stan but we will soon.

Ladoc

UDFA
Name
Garth
This is embarrassing for the NFL.

So... This is the process?

Okay.
I don't understand. I'm a business owner. SK "owns" the team. He "owns" the players, the coaches, the equipment Etc. He "bought" them with the money he made by being an astute business man who did an excellent job in business. This is "his" business and "his" team not ours. He has put down all "his" money and assumed "all" responsibilities and risks. He has been in charge and responsible for all the "work" involved in running this operation while we just buy tickets or turn on the tv. We have been fortunate to have this team to enjoy (or not) no matter where they play. They were originally in another city before showing up in St Louis.
I believe he should be able to move his team anywhere he wants and has the right and financial responsibility to make the best deal, most money as well as have the most fun that he can. He deserves it since it is his team. I think it is fair for us to feel sad, but to not understand this simple above captioned concept is bizarre and primitive. To actually criticize and demean him is inappropriate and disgraceful. I think it takes a pretty unsophisticated fan to do that especially in a public forum.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I don't think all 3 teams moving is going to happen but I read somewhere that Stan reached out to the Chargers so yes it sounds like he's very interested. I just don't think the NFL would try to stop Stan but we will soon.
Exactly my point. If the Raiders and Chargers are approved then why would Kroenke want to go rogue?

Status
Not open for further replies.