New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's more than welcome to go rogue and move the team, but the NFL is under no obligation to continue sharing revenue or schedule games with an owner who decides he's bigger than the league. They can also fine the everloving f*** out of him - see the Seahawks' brief stint in LA.
Not going to battle you on this, but Stan isn't that former Hawk owner and will do things in a measured way. The former Hawk owner isn't/wasn't in Kroenke's league, and he had no intestinal fortitude to test the NFL...No one has.....I guess we will see, won't we?

FRO

Legend
This is based on what??
Not paying coaches? No.
A payroll way below the salary cap? No.
Soaring profits? No.
One of the highest priced games to attend? No.
Avoiding deals or trades to lower the impact of draft picks/salary? No.

I get it, been through it. Georgia is a witch to me from now till the end of time. She at least was proven to be a cheapo. You can accuse him of a lot of things, not trying to win is sort of baseless.
Based on allowing a coach get a 5th year when he hasn't had a winning season the previous 4. Just because you spend a lot of money doesn't mean you are doing a good job. Kroenke owns multiple teams and none of them are perinial contenders. Below average sports owner.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Zoe-Saldana-Allure-Magazine-June-2013-Pictures.jpg
Damn, Merlin, you just had to post that pic! Zoe is so fuggin hot!

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
So LA Kings and STL Blues both lost to teams way below them in the standings tonight. Omen? :LOL:

Gotta read my tea leaves. It's all I got in regarding to this topic. The sad thing is it's about as credible as anything else. :ROFLMAO:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Eh, it's a recurring narrative that owners prefer letting public entities own the stadium for tax purposes and lease them to the owners for chump change. Stan may want to, it's possible, but the economics of stadium ownership are... challenging.
I agree with you , I just have a hard time believing that Stan Kroenke made his bazillion dollars by renting...................anything

Although he might not have much of a choice

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Davis is like the green Gargantua, not so bad. Spanos and SK are the mean red one, out to eat us all and spit out our hair while the beautiful Asian lady sings "the words get stuck in my throat" in the background.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Not going to battle you on this, but Stan isn't that former Hawk owner and will do things in a measured way. The former Hawk owner isn't/wasn't in Kroenke's league, and he had no intestinal fortitude to test the NFL...No one has.....I guess we will see, won't we?
If that happens, the NFL is pretty well screwed. If a single owner can, against the wishes of the league and his fellow owners and in the face of a city offering a publicly-funded stadium, say "F YOU" to all parties involved, then the league is done. This only works if the owners as a whole can keep each other in check.

FRO

Legend
Why couldn't the league expand if they wanted to get into the LA market? Why do they have to take a team out of an existing city?

iced

What is funny is the thought of Davis Jr trying to pay that $550 million dollar fee if his team is selected.

Raiders are morons. If I owned that franchise I'd be talking with the Yorks about splitting the new and empty stadium the 9ers call home.

they can take it out of revenue streams over time

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Based on allowing a coach get a 5th year when he hasn't had a winning season the previous 4. Just because you spend a lot of money doesn't mean you are doing a good job. Kroenke owns multiple teams and none of them are perinial contenders. Below average sports owner.

Incorrect, educate yourself on his teams before you make baseless assumptions and accuse the man of not wanting to win. Shame on him for signing a GM and Coach to a 5 year contract and honoring it. I mean hell he could be the Browns owner and fire both every other year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will retry that......Hasn't worked for me yet..I eve closed all the applications, and then retried..nothing

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
yea , that worked , and yea , pretty quiet there

Status
Not open for further replies.