New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Why don't we save each other some time and agree to disagree on the importance of distance and the opinion of the owners on distance. I think we've both made the points we wanted to make.

We'll be back at it in 2 or 3 more months, probably good to shelf it for now.:LOL:

iced

Carson Rendering...Click the link for the Stadium fly through video

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ncredible-features-of-new-los-angeles-stadium

Video touts seven mind-blowing features of new Los Angeles stadium
By Will Brinson | NFL Writer

August 18, 2015 5:05 pm ET

On Monday night a promotional video for the new Los Angeles NFL stadium in Carson hit the Internet. This would be the joint home of the Chargers and Raiders and it is absolutely amazing.

It showed up on Tout.com and appears to be a video of a newscast, as obtained by the Los Angeles Newsgroup. You can watch the whole thing but let's get down to the skinny and examine the craziest parts of it.

1. Seven HUGE outdoor video screens: Why are people actually coming into the stadium again? You can buy a parking pass, drive out to a game, watch Red Zone for eight hours sitting in your car on a 70-foot screen and then head home.

Huge_Outdoor_Video_Screens_Los_Angeles_Stadium_NFL.png

2. There's a farmer's market: These local flavors are going to crush your palette, brah.

Farmers_Market_Los_Angeles_Stadium_Video_NFL.png

3. In-stadium parking: I'm sorry, WHAT? You can park in the stadium? VIP's only, of course. But don't worry, peasant in the blue sweater, you can stare through the glass as Mr. Fitzmurray charges his electric car.

Electric_Car_Stations_Los_Angeles_Stadium_Video_NFL.png

4. 60,000 square feet of solar panels: Or, almost one square foot for every seat in the stadium (65,000). That's pretty amazing and renewable in all but what are these fools going to do when it starts to rain and snow or the weather is bad ... Oh. Right. Nevermind. Jerks.

Solar_Panels_Los_Angeles_NFL_Stadium.png

5. The NFL Network will live here: The NFL Network is currently based out of Carson, Calif., which is not Los Angeles. (Well I was born in a small town. And I live in a small town. Probably die in a small town.) It will stay there with this stadium, but it'll get a full reboot with a separate 8-acre campus for NFL media to operate. That's nearly as much land as my pappy owns.

Los_Angeles_Stadium_NFL_Network_Compound.png

6. On-field seating: Or the closest thing you've ever seen to it. Kiefer Sutherland brags that it "blurs the lines between fan and teammate," which is probably in the best interest for everyone involved. Can definitely see Bill Belichick being a fan of that.

Los_Angeles_NFL_Stadium_On_Field_Seating.png

7. A huge trophy in an even bigger bar: It's entirely possible this whole video is designed just to troll Jerry Jones into building something bigger.

Huge_Bar_Trophy_Los_Angeles_Stadium.png

BONUS INSANE THING: That video was narrated by Keifer Sutherland: This isn't even insane, per se. But if you watched enough 24 how are you not laughing at the idea of him screaming "THERE'S NO TIME!!!" when Chargers and Raiders fans try to make a case that their teams shouldn't leave.

Kiefer_Sutherland_NFL_Los_Angeles_Stadium_Video.png

Also on Monday: it was revealed those teams could switch divisions if the NFL lets both teams make the jump to Los Angeles. Wee, madness!

LA-stadium-chargers-08-17-15.jpg

The latest artistic renderings of the Chargers new stadium. (Manica Architecture)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
113 miles isnt 1800, but its extremely detrimental to the city/people of St Louis. Just like it will be for the folks in San Diego. I think it would suck for San Diego to lose their team as well. And thats what moving 113 miles would be, to them.

DavidU

UDFA
I'm not trying to insult another fan base or insinuate that they are lucky or something. I'm saying that IMO Carson retains the majority of your fans overall and Inglewood will lose the majority of the 21st largest market.

It's not about 113 miles. Its LOS ANGELES. You turned around my previous point about moving to KC. OK. Would you expect New Yorkers to follow their team to Boston? San Diegan's HATE Los Angeles. We aren't going to follow the Los Angeles Chargers. Most will absolutely hate the Chargers.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It's not about 113 miles. Its LOS ANGELES. You turned around my previous point about moving to KC. OK. Would you expect New Yorkers to follow their team to Boston? San Diegan's HATE Los Angeles. We aren't going to follow the Los Angeles Chargers. Most will absolutely hate the Chargers.

I think I've already covered all this.

DavidU

UDFA

I hadn't read the last two pages before I posted it. Regardless, you have very little understanding of the dynamic between San Diego and Los Angeles. What's another 50 miles b/w New York and Boston? You wouldn't ever make the argument you're making if the Giants were moving to Boston.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip

It's done sucks for all.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hadn't read the last two pages before I posted it. Regardless, you have very little understanding of the dynamic between San Diego and Los Angeles. What's another 50 miles b/w New York and Boston? You wouldn't ever make the argument you're making if the Giants were moving to Boston.
If the Philadelphia Eagles moved to New York....

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

But the Giants aren't moving to Boston are they?

I may have little understanding of your day to day life, but I have great understanding of how to read a map and I can see that moving a team from SD to LA has a much better chance of retaining ticket buying, paying customers than a move from the Midwest to LA does. I'm sure at least a few voting owners may see it that way as well, since that is what the argument is about not whether you or I deserve a team or who hates who.

I also hope you saw one of my previous comments about how the optimum outcome money and market wise is to keep the Chargers where they are, move the Rams to LA, and move the Raiders to St Louis. In case you think I'm picking on the SD residents. I don't want the Raiders instead of the Rams, I don't want or think the Rams should leave, but I do think a majority of owners would vote for that scenario in a flash and not give a shit how I feel about the town they are moving my team to. Again, that's what my original posts were about, trying to predict what options would be most attractive to a majority of owners IF a vote were to be necessary.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But the Giants aren't moving to Boston are they?

I may have little understanding of your day to day life, but I have great understanding of how to read a map and I can see that moving a team from SD to LA has a much better chance of retaining ticket buying, paying customers than a move from the Midwest to LA does.

I think that's what's confusing the issue. Present conversation isn't about the Rams moving to LA. Maybe I'm misunderstanding @DavidU here but I think he and I aRe saying the same thing. It has nothing to do with Rams to La, but that San Diego to La is not just a natural fit. And in comparison if the Rams moved 120 miles it wouldn't be a natural fit there either.

DavidU

UDFA
In case you think I'm picking on the SD residents.

I don't think you're picking on anyone. I am just trying to explain to you how San Diegan's feel about Los Angeles. Something you can't tell from a map.

I think it sucks Kroenke is moving the Rams too. IMO - how this is going to play out. Kroenke is going to build in Inglewood. He's going to pay a rather hefty relocation fee. There will be the leverage/threat of a second tenant to get Oakland and San Diego to step up. Whichever one does -- stays, the other winds up in LA sharing Inglewood. If neither Oakland or San Diego step up - then one goes to LA and the other goes to St. Louis. Just my take.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I don't think you're picking on anyone. I am just trying to explain to you how San Diegan's feel about Los Angeles. Something you can't tell from a map.

I think it sucks Kroenke is moving the Rams too. IMO - how this is going to play out. Kroenke is going to build in Inglewood. He's going to pay a rather hefty relocation fee. There will be the leverage/threat of a second tenant to get Oakland and San Diego to step up. Whichever one does -- stays, the other winds up in LA sharing Inglewood. If neither Oakland or San Diego step up - then one goes to LA and the other goes to St. Louis. Just my take.

It's highly unlikely that either Oakland or San Diego end up in STL. Paying the relocation fee on top of the stadium buy in pretty much eliminates both of these owners.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

I think it sucks Kroenke is moving the Rams too. IMO - how this is going to play out. Kroenke is going to build in Inglewood. He's going to pay a rather hefty relocation fee. There will be the -- stays, the other winds up in LA sharing Inglewood. If neither Oakland or San Diego step up - then one goes to LA and the other goes to St. Louis. Just my take.

And you very well may be right. My speculation was really only on how the owners would vote if Carson, Inglewood and St Louis had secured their financing and land and it came down to a vote between owners.

DavidU

UDFA
It's highly unlikely that either Oakland or San Diego end up in STL. Paying the relocation fee on top of the stadium buy in pretty much eliminates both of these owners.

If both Oakland and San Diego fail, while St. Louis steps up -- have to think the owners would waive the relocation fee. Getting San Diegans to approve a stadium was an uphill climb to begin with and the Chargers have certainly done nothing to help the matter.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Kroenke is going to be the hero of the NFL and the fans of the STL Rams.

His efforts will have expedited the league getting a team in LA, while also getting his team a new venue in STL. Both cities will benefit.
California will still have 3 teams, one or two will play in LA.

Also, I'm a fan who lives over 3 hours from stl. They are only slightly farther away than the chiefs. Nobody around here has any trouble supporting teams 3 hours away! Lol.

Maybe the people in the specific cities might not like their team moving 2 hours away, but it's definitely not a deal breaker by any stretch.

1800 miles is a MASSIVE difference. Your team is not in your viewing area anymore.(not everyone has dish network or wants it btw. Broadcast is how we watch the Rams, 3 hours away)
They are not in your region. Two time zones away. A completely different time and place. No comparison to 2 hours farther away and still on TV.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
If both Oakland and San Diego fail, while St. Louis steps up -- have to think the owners would waive the relocation fee. Getting San Diegans to approve a stadium was an uphill climb to begin with and the Chargers have certainly done nothing to help the matter.

It'd be a greater win for the NFL as a whole to move SD and Oakland to LA, then uproot the Rams. If STL steps up this will be the solution.

DavidU

UDFA
It'd be a greater win for the NFL as a whole to move SD and Oakland to LA, then uproot the Rams. If STL steps up this will be the solution.

Agreed. But we all know Kroenke is the only one with the wherewithal to get it done in LA. I really don't believe at the end of the day the owners are going to allow two of the "poorest" owners in LA. Too important to the NFL not to fail - again.

RamBill

Legend
Bonsignore Says Inglewood, Carson Projects ‘Neck and Neck"

Vinny Bonsignore of the Los Angeles Daily News has been covering the various dynamics surrounding the two Los Angeles stadium projects and the three franchises vying for spots in the country’s No. 2 media market. Bonsignore, who was at the NFL owners meetings last week, joined The Ryan Kelley Morning After on Wednesday to discuss the latest he’s hearing surrounding the Inglewood and Carson stadium projects and the future of the NFL in St. Louis.

Listen to Bonsignore Talk Stadiums

On where the Carson project is compared to Inglewood:

"It's so neck and neck. That's why I wonder about some of the reports trying to tear it down. I think there were some owners who were on the fence (about where Carson is right now), and I think it opened up some eyes. It's moving along fine. It's basically just a different vision of how the NFL wants to do Los Angeles."

Status
Not open for further replies.