New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Assuming that Kroenke's portion is covered, which seems unlikely, regardless of if he moves or not.

not sure what you're meaning is here. If you're saying that he won't put money into the STL stadium if he's not awarded LA, I think that's foolish.

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
I don't get what Peacock's saying. How does St. Louis control its destiny? Even if they receive all the funding necessary without the help of the NFL or SK, that's no guarantee the NFL or the Rams would cooperate.

RAMbler

UDFA
Assuming that Kroenke's portion is covered, which seems unlikely, regardless of if he moves or not.

Now that Kroenke has made his desires known to one & all. IMO, there is only 1 big question left.

Can the NFL force SK to, remain in a dome he doesn't like (and has the legal right to leave), or spend approx. $500,000,000.00 (over-runs will happen) of his own money to build a stadium he doesn't want?

This is going to be interesting....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was sharing my thoughts. I most likely am in the minority on how I feel, but considering what the fans of St Louis and Los Angeles are going through, and the fact that both have gone through this before, I am fed up and choose not to see the greed of the NFL subject hundreds of thousands of fan to an emotional roller coaster like this again. By saying yes to another city's team we are perpetuating the nonsense and fostering more greed. Like Roberto Duran (for you older readers), I say "no mas".
Don't know if you are in the minority but I am pretty much there with you. I don't really care what city the Rams play in other than I would like it to be a really good FOOTBALL facility and I am frankly sick of the whole moving for greener pastures. I didn't like it when the Rams left LA and I don't like the idea now. The fans deserve better. Just want this whole debacle over and done with. And though I hate to say it, even if it is just deciding to let the Rams move, I think I'd take that over this thing drawing out for another 4 or 5 months.

We have policies that have been in place for decades," Goodell said. "They were modified in the '80s and they’re meant to address a responsibility to each of our home markets. What needs to be done if you seek to relocate your franchise.
This is what I have been saying. Amy Trask and the dork from Chicago were quoted as saying the guidelines were changed after the moves in the 90s to make it more difficult for teams to move. I couldn't find anything that specified the changes. Seems that was because there WERE none.

I'm not saying it will end up in court. But the notion that the NFL actually did something to make it more difficult for teams to move was a fabrication.

The Rams argument for leaving centers on the idea of St. Louis breaking the terms of their lease by not updating the Edward Jones Dome. Whether that's enough to fall in line with the league's relocation policies remains to be seen. So, too, does the ability of the St. Louis stadium task force to get an actionable plan in place.
I wonder if that is actually the case. I'm going to guess there is far more to it than just that. Oh to be a fly on the wall in previous meetings and negotiations between the Rams and the CVC. Also, I have to wonder if there were some market issues that Stan went into that he knows and we don't. I don't know - I'm just throwing stuff out there but I doubt all he came with in his presentation was something that everyone already knows too much about.

bluecoconuts

Legend
not sure what you're meaning is here. If you're saying that he won't put money into the STL stadium if he's not awarded LA, I think that's foolish.

Right away? No I don't think he will, so I don't think dirt will move or be ready to move shortly after any relocation vote. I would expect Stan to stay in the dome until he gets exactly what he wants out of the stadium.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Sorry to admit this to all of the very loyal StL fans, but I'm very excited about the prospect of the Rams moving back to LA. But I'm cool no matter where they end up. I'll continue to be a loyal fan.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
With that news, however, came a warning. "Unnecessary lawsuits" could slow progress, he said. He begged the Legislature to better understand stadium economics. And corporations, he said, must put their money behind their words.
Not sure I like what the bolded seems to say.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't get what Peacock's saying. How does St. Louis control its destiny? Even if they receive all the funding necessary without the help of the NFL or SK, that's no guarantee the NFL or the Rams would cooperate.
Because the NFL is telling him that if St. Louis gets this done they will be rewarded properly. He's only going about it the way he is being instructed to and taking them for their word.

...if their word is worth anything is another story. But how else should Dave Peacock go about it? Not take them for their word and give up?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Right away? No I don't think he will, so I don't think dirt will move or be ready to move shortly after any relocation vote. I would expect Stan to stay in the dome until he gets exactly what he wants out of the stadium.

Haven't we heard that the Rams have been giving input on the stadium this whole time? He's getting about what he's going to get unless he puts more money into it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Now that Kroenke has made his desires known to one & all. IMO, there is only 1 big question left.

Can the NFL force SK to, remain in a dome he doesn't like

They can't and they won't, in the end it was the Inglewood project all along Carson was camouflage.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Haven't we heard that the Rams have been giving input on the stadium this whole time? He's getting about what he's going to get unless he puts more money into it.

Yes, but how much of that is to appease the NFL and how much of it is because Kroenke is genuinely interested? I believe that Kroenke would eventually invest in St Louis if he is denied LA, but I don't think that it would be right away.

beej

Rookie
OK beej. I've posted here many times earlier in this same thread why the proposed Carson stadium is a sham. Yes I'd love to see a stadium built here, but I also know that's not going to happen. My home is worth about half of what it should be. I'd love to move out of here, but I can't because no one will buy my home. They've had all kinds of projects planned for that old landfill, but none ever happen because its too expensive and time consuming to do what needs to be done to get it shovel ready. Maybe Spanos and Davis are serious. Maybe they have a few extra hundred million to get it done. Maybe they both have the 500 mil for relocation. Maybe if they have that kind of scratch, I ask myself, they just build a stadium in their current city. Or maybe, just maybe, they are using Carson for leverage.
Policy told the owners what a great site it is, close to two freeways, center of LA county blah, blah. So why has the property been empty for 40 years? Why did the NFL pas it by when they spent million in '98-99 evaluating it when they were looking at LA for expansion?
I'll give you a clue beej. Its a dump full of toxic waste that for 50 years no one wants to deal with. Maybe this time they are serious. I'd be jubilant if they were. but I won't believe it til I see the equipment start moving dirt. And I damn sure not getting my hopes up, (again).
I thought that rams fans never gave up hope. I mean, if we did...:cheers:

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
Because the NFL is telling him that if St. Louis gets this done they will be rewarded properly. He's only going about it the way he is being instructed to and taking them for their word.

...if their word is worth anything is another story. But how else should Dave Peacock go about it? Not take them for their word and give up?

What does rewarded properly mean? I'm pretty sure the NFL didn't promise him that they'd force the Rams to stay, if that's what you're trying to say.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is such a sad mess.

For 20 Years the Rams have been where they are.
Twenty. 2-0.
Maybe some of you old-timers scoff at such a number, but an entire generation has grown up supporting this team.
My 16 year old daughter will be heartbroken if they move. Seriously.
My wife won't even talk about the possibility - it makes her ill, literally.
She is a crazy devoted fan... and isn't sure she could still support them.
Why are we so passionate and emotional about it?
Because that's what happens when you are invested in a team. We spend money and go to games. We drive 3 1/2 hours to go to camp every year, usually several times. We stick up for STLs team despite being outnumbered by Chiefs fans 10-1.
We wear our swag like outcasts and take pride in it, year after sub .500 year.

My little family (wife, daughter and I ) have grown up with our Rams.
This feels personal. Every fall and winter the 3 of us come together on Sundays and share our team... our investment. It's been a costly one. Disappointing or just plain bad seasons, expensive trips and tickets and merchandise (and we're always broke lol!)

I understand that many of you LA fans went through this before. I feel for you. I can't imagine what it's like. (I guess I can...)
...but it's been 20 years.

STL may have been the "foster" home of the Rams for a while. But it's been just "home" for a while now too.

If your excited about the Rams fanbase being ripped of their team, especially if you went through it before, I'm sorry, but shame on you.

Many of the current LA Rams fans were casual fans until 99. It's the truth. Some diehards exist still, many of them post here, but let's not be revisionist historians and act like all of the LA fans were diehards who lost their team. Hell, half of the people discussing this on facebook are too young to have been LA Rams fans, but that doesn't stop them from acting like this team rightfully belongs to them.
Most of those real fans moved on along time ago .. after all, it has been 20 years.

All I'm asking is this:
Please don't act like STL fans deserve this. Don't rub it in our faces. You can't control what will happen and you have no power to influence it so just sit back, read the updates and keep your damn excitement to yourself if you want any respect.
If they go, don't expect us STL fans to be cool about it. This isn't a hobby for us. It's our team.

We're sorry about your loss twenty years ago, but two wrongs never make a right.

God this whole deal pisses me off.

If they stay, I won't rub it anyone's face or talk shit. I promise.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If your excited about the Rams fanbase being ripped of their team, especially if you went through it before, I'm sorry, but shame on you.
Speaking for myself. I'm not "excited about the Rams fanbase being ripped of their team"... it must really suck for them. But I am, quite honestly, excited for myself, the LA Rams player alumni, and the huge LA Rams fanbase that's continued to support the team. It's unfortunate that this is a zero-sum game, and some people will lose out.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Speaking for myself. I'm not "excited about the Rams fanbase being ripped of their team"... it must really suck for them. But I am, quite honestly, excited for myself, the LA Rams player alumni, and the huge LA Rams fanbase that's continued to support the team. It's unfortunate that this is a zero-sum game, and some people will lose out.

Good for you.

I like you Stranger. You're a good dude.

That said, I'm out of this thread again for awhile. Too many people that I like are hoping for something that is horrible. I might be able to get past that but right now it pisses me off.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'd love for someone to ask Peacock straight up what he means by saying "NFL city" all the time. It would clear the air of a funk that is in the background every time they do a press conference.

I'm convinced in certain situations it makes sense. But being interviewed today on KMOX he said it again. Fight for the Rams, my dude.....not the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.