New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Can someone give me the Readers Digest version of what is going on. I must admit I have not been following this thread, and I'm certainly not going to review 600-odd pages of discussion :)

Are we coming back to LA?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Can someone give me the Readers Digest version of what is going on. I must admit I have not been following this thread, and I'm certainly not going to review 600-odd pages of discussion :)

Not yet.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Maybe... Maybe not. I think that qualifies for Reader's Digest.:cool:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is today the day the presentations are to be made for Carson/Inglewood?

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Is today the day the presentations are to be made for Carson/Inglewood?

Both projects get 45 minutes. 30 for the pitch and 15 minutes for questions but they did say the Inglewood project might take more time to discuss the ground breaking ceremony in December. The Carson project goes first followed by Inglewood.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both projects get 45 minutes. 30 for the pitch and 15 minutes for questions but they did say the Inglewood project might take more time to discuss the ground breaking ceremony in December. The Carson project goes first followed by Inglewood.
And after the 3 teams present the 2 sites those 3 owners leave the room and the other 29 discuss what they've seen from the presentations.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Let me give you an answer from a politician's point of view. Yes and no. Maybe, then again, maybe not. Basically speaking, that's hard to say. Does that answer your question? :confused:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you have a source on this? I haven't seen that yet
It was on NFLN yesterday with Steve Wyche and another guy, I can't recall his name, as they were discussing the meeting. One of the specific comments Wyche made was that time allotted and that since they both live down there in LA driving by the sites it's clear that Inglewood could break ground today if necessary and that Carson was a lot further away. Wyche said this was evident to anybody who went to the 2 sites. No I'm not going to bother searching for the video, I saw it so you can call me a liar if you wish.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let me give you an answer from a politician's point of view. Yes and no. Maybe, then again, maybe not. Basically speaking, that's hard to say. Does that answer your question? :confused:
Just got a text from @realdonald... he says they are.... (Rmfnlt drops dead on the keyboard)...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was on NFLN yesterday with Steve Wyche and another guy, I can't recall his name, as they were discussing the meeting. One of the specific comments Wyche made was that time allotted and that since they both live down there in LA driving by the sites it's clear that Inglewood could break ground today if necessary and that Carson was a lot further away. Wyche said this was evident to anybody who went to the 2 sites. No I'm not going to bother searching for the video, I saw it so you can call me a liar if you wish.
More of the same "reporting"... <sigh>

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
They're spending a lot of time talking about it on ESPN this morning. According to Hanna (not storm, some new young analyst) the Inglewood project renderings are like the Taj Mahal of NFL stadiums which is a big positive if you're pro LA, but she also said that the St. Louis stadium proposal is the farthest along in efforts to keep the city team which is a positive if you're pro St. Louis.
I think ideally they (NFL taskforce) would prefer to have the Raiders and Chargers in LA and the Rams to stay in St. Louis, but Stan the man has put together one hell of a proposal and with his own money to make it happen he may not be able to be denied.

RamBill

Legend
What to expect from Chicago owners meetings
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/20210/what-to-expect-from-chicago-owners-meetings

SCHAUMBURG, Ill. -- A decision on the future of the St. Louis Rams, San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders will not be made at the owners meetings set to take place here Tuesday.

An actual decision on where those teams will play in 2016 and beyond, whether it's in Los Angeles or in their current markets, probably won't be made official until later this year. But with so much momentum toward the NFL's return to Los Angeles, these incremental updates are a necessary part of the process.

Which is why a small contingent will convene at the Hyatt Regency here for about six hours with the sole focus on those three teams, the progress or lack thereof toward new stadiums in their current markets and the two stadium projects in the Los Angeles area.

Here's what to expect and what not to expect to come out of these meetings:

-- Again, there will be no vote of any kind taking place here. Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo to the owners this week emphasizing that there won't be any sort of decision made here. The purpose is to discuss the various projects and paint a clearer picture of what's expected.

-- In an effort to keep the group in the meeting room small, the league is only allowing owners (or a representative on their behalf) plus one other person in the room. The idea is to minimize potential interruptions and allow the group to speak more openly.

-- The Rams are represented by owner Stan Kroenke and chief operating officer Kevin Demoff.

-- On Monday, the city of San Diego presented its stadium plans to the six-person committee on Los Angeles opportunities. That committee will then hand that information to a league executive to present it to the owners on Tuesday.

-- The St. Louis stadium task force, led by Dave Peacock and Bob Blitz, is not in attendance. That's not a surprise since that group has already presented its case to the six-man committee on Los Angeles relocation. Their progress will be shared by league executives. Peacock is hopeful to get an audience with the entire ownership later this year.

-- The plan for the meetings includes updates on the home markets in St. Louis, Oakland and San Diego. As of now, there's no real known proposal from Oakland. San Diego made its pitch on Monday and St. Louis is chugging along with a good bit of momentum after winning last week's court ruling. The Rams will then make a presentation on the Inglewood project and Carmen Policy is expected to present on behalf of the Carson project.

-- Filed under the "I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the room" department: After the presentations are made, there's time carved into the agenda for representatives of the Rams, Raiders and Chargers to leave the room and a discussion to take place. The group is also expected to get reports on things like possible relocation fees and other financial details that could be associated with the NFL's return to Los Angeles.

-- All told, don't expect any earth-shaking movement to come from these meetings. It's simply the next step in what has already been a long process. While a conclusion looms, there's still a long way to go.

beej

Rookie
but Stan the man has put together one hell of a proposal and with his own money to make it happen he may not be able to be denied.
I wonder what would keep stan from winning the relocation bid, and then cheaping out after he wins the bid. I'm just asking because there is a lot of talk about how nobody can control stan and make him do what he doesn't want to do. Since it is 100% private money and most of it his, how would they prevent this?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Inglewood is permits away from being ready to break ground. I'm sure there's some other red tape, but I'm not used to this whole process.

Carson needs about 6-12 months of clean-up before it's close to shovel ready.

St. Louis is the only home market that is securing funding, gathering land. The other 2 are still just proposals and getting the stink eye from both their home teams and the NFL at large.

So, we are setting ourselves up for a STL vs. Inglewood showdown. It's in the NFL owners' hands at this point. Which do they choose?

Moostache

Rookie
Can Roger Goddell possibly be the single worst commissioner in all of professional sports?

I am curious how many people really believe that the NFL is going to allow this to come to an actual showdown vote? Of all the possible outcomes, to me this is the most damaging to the league and the least likely...although I have to admit, I never believed that the entire Deflategate nonsense would last beyond the week BEFORE the Super Bowl either, so that should let you know the quality of my prognostications!

At a bare minimum, Goddell certainly seems to have a talent for screwing the pooch when it comes to public relations...so maybe it is not so crazy to have this culminate in a showdown vote of the owners after all.

This whole mess is really unbelievable when you're talking about a league that has its meaningless pre-season opener out draw the TV ratings for the NBA CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES! The league is much, much bigger than any single owner (or any single owner's desire for greater profits or ROI), but the way they allow this to fester and really torment 4 fanbases for going on 9 months of active rumors and leaks and up to 20 years for LA fans, you have to wonder if the biggest news to come out soon would be the owners firing of Goddell (especially if he has lost the support of Kraft).

What better reason could be needed than an owner like Kraft to raise the doubt about Roger's long term future with the league? He could seek vengeance for Brady by getting Roger canned and using the mishandling of the Los Angeles situation as cover...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More of the same "reporting"... <sigh>
Go figure, NFL network people are told by the NFL what the agenda is for the meeting and it's not good enough because this forum wasn't included in the meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.