New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend

@Rmfnlt

If you highlight the text you want, and then click on reply, it'll load the quote into the text box. That way you can reply to specific texts in separate areas instead of one big post with different color fonts. I say this because your method makes it very difficult to reply to your posts, because if I just hit quote, it comes up as above, with a blank box. Anyway, I'll just address things down the line.

1. I know how Inglewood is, that means what exactly? Are the Inglewood residents going to be the only ones going to games? No. It's in a good location because it is central to LA and right next to LAX. However, how nice the Inglewood area isn't what's relevant, when I say good, I mean it's physical location.

2. Google NBA attendance numbers.

3. They talked to 100 people? In an area that has 10.02 million people in it? They talked to literally .0009% of the population in LA and felt that was a good sample size? I'm not buying it. I can talk to .0009% of LA and find that that they don't want to go to a Kings game either, but they've sold out every game for the past 4 years. I'm sorry, but if that was the general mood, then the market study would reflect that, and teams wouldn't be so interested in moving to LA, and the NFL wouldn't be so interested in not only putting a team there, but putting two teams there.

4. That's not conjecture dude, there is more money in LA. LA is the third largest metropolitan economy in the world, and you're going to say there's not more money there? There are more people by a wide margin, and the average income is $10,000 more. There is more money there, end of story. How much he gets might be up in the air, but there is certainty more to be had.

5. I am confident in it, because everyone else, who knows more than anyone on these boards, is also confident in it. I have no reason not to believe them, and I see no evidence to suggest otherwise.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't generalize anything, but that's what a lot of people did and continue to do when it comes to St. Louis. All I said was that when an article came out saying the same thing about LA, folks want to shut up or make up excuses. Also, the market survey said the fans of St. Louis would support a team, so those poll numbers you mentioned don't mean squat. Like I said before, had that article been about St. Louis, L.A. zealouts would have been all over it. You see how it feels to defend your city?
And as I've said countless times either side of the fanbase making generalizations about the other side is really unnecessary. It accomplishes nothing and it's very much redundant because negative things said about one city can easily be said about the other.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry... I was referencing some other's sentiments...

But you have me confused now... can you explain this part to me?
"Kroenke isn't really worth what he's listed at because it's all based on the value of his holdings not actual wealth."

The person I was responding to could mean that anybody's wealth is listed as values assigned to assets. For example they could avlue the Rams as a $5 billion dollar asset. So they add in this scenario $5 billion to the owners net worth. But an asset is only worth what somebody will pay. So if he's only able to sell the Rams for $1 billion he wasn't in fact worth what was previously thought he was worth $4 billion less. The same can be said about anybody on these top 20 or whatever richest people lists. The vast majority of their wealth are in company values as the owner or property value as the owner. All of those are estimated and that estimate is added to his "wealth". Forbes, or whomever, could be over valuing that so they're not worth as much as the list says in reality. I believe that's what he was saying. He chose to only attribute that to Kroenke and I responded that the same could be said of any of the super wealthy.

I can't argue with that. I will say that the worth of franchises doesn't do much if you're not going to sell them, however. It can be used for status or prestige, so whatever.

Very true, it could also be used as collateral or leverage for a loan for something else. Most of all it is status/prestige/epeen and all that. Steve Balmer is insanely rich. He didn't need to buy the Clippers to make people realize that. He's not worth any more or less per say than he was before he bought them. But his prestige, especially in superficial SoCal went up a lot as the owner. Especially after replacing the idiot that owned them before him.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Hard to say that for sure.

I'm just wondering what assets he's going to have to sell to finance this thing. Sure, the man is worth Billions, but I'd be surprised if he has that much money to float the project. Unless he uses some of those assets as collateral on a loan.

But reading through the numbers in the P-D editorial, he's going to be over 1 billion in the red after it's all said and done. It'll take a while to make that back.

At this point, I'm just rambling on the whole stadium subject. If anyone thinks I'm crazy, it's the NFL's fault.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just wondering what assets he's going to have to sell to finance this thing. Sure, the man is worth Billions, but I'd be surprised if he has that much money to float the project. Unless he uses some of those assets as collateral on a loan.

But reading through the numbers in the P-D editorial, he's going to be over 1 billion in the red after it's all said and done. It'll take a while to make that back.

At this point, I'm just rambling on the whole stadium subject. If anyone thinks I'm crazy, it's the NFL's fault.

Why the hell would he have to sell anything?

MrMotes

Starter
According to Forbes Kroenke is worth 6.2 billion and he has partners in the Inglewood deal. I don't think he'll be having a garage sale anytime soon...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know this guy, but Roggins (Fred Roggins Show)said that Kephart told Roggins something about the Carson Project and having legal papers....I don't know what that means. However, it seems that this guy Floyd, was involved with a proposal to keep the Raiders in Oakland?

You guys know more than me, as I have not heard about this guy before today. Roggins said that he didn't have time to research anything, and that the secret info he had on Carson was different than what this guy is intimating, and that Kephart has always been a straight shooter with him, so....Anybody have a clue?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kroenke and his partners are land developers and builders they won't sell anything to build the stadium and develop the land around. They likely have an investment bank they work with on a regular basis and will take out loans to build this project. Simple common sense everyday business. Some of the proceeds from the stadium will be used to pay for it but because it's all private he doesn't really need to release the details of the deal.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The naming rights alone could pay for half of that. Luxury box and PSL sales could pay for most if not all of the rest. This is what investment bankers love to get involved in. Why do you think Goldman Sachs is involved in almost every stadium deal.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
I don't know this guy, but Roggins (Fred Roggins Show)said that Kephart told Roggins something about the Carson Project and having legal papers....I don't know what that means. However, it seems that this guy Floyd, was involved with a proposal to keep the Raiders in Oakland?

You guys know more than me, as I have not heard about this guy before today. Roggins said that he didn't have time to research anything, and that the secret info he had on Carson was different than what this guy is intimating, and that Kephart has always been a straight shooter with him, so....Anybody have a clue?

He's a real estate developer out of SD. Yes, he got the exclusive rights for the deal in Oakland. I only caught part of that was it for Carson or for the leaking of one of the 3 proposals in Oakland.

Last edited:

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Kroenke and his partners are land developers and builders they won't sell anything to build the stadium and develop the land around. They likely have an investment bank they work with on a regular basis and will take out loans to build this project. Simple common sense everyday business. Some of the proceeds from the stadium will be used to pay for it but because it's all private he doesn't really need to release the details of the deal.

Kroenke and Stockbridge both have a stable of investors that invest directly in their projects.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think this is my first visit to this thread. What did I miss? :D

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The naming rights alone could pay for half of that. Luxury box and PSL sales could pay for most if not all of the rest. This is what investment bankers love to get involved in. Why do you think Goldman Sachs is involved in almost every stadium deal.

They are involved to make the interest back on their loans. Otherwise, they wouldn't be in business.

Big Willie

Starter
I think this is my first visit to this thread. What did I miss? :D
I will catch you up.....

• Several NFL teams are speculated to leave for LA
  • Cities scrambling to find money to build stadiums to subsidize the $7.1 billion each team got from the league
  • Talking media heads across the country spouting inside knowledge about what is going to happen
  • Fans speculating what will happen and defending their position the Rams will leave or won't leave
  • Confusion abound, legal issues, meetings, more meetings, financial questions, NFL speaking in tongue so that no one can understand what they say and more importantly what they mean
  • Pandemonium, misinformation, conjecture and most importantly training me starting in a couple weeks (I can't wait!)

Status
Not open for further replies.