New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He suggested nothing. The NFL is on their own timeline and the meeting is on LA not St Louis. Some reporters said that it was on St Louis but that's not the case.

Straight from the horse's mouth, champ. We both know I didn't make it up.

Is it true? That's this whole media circus in a nut shell.,

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kroneke sure is pulling all the strings he can. Offering to help finance team left out of Inglewood. It's clear Spanos doesn't want him in LA. So is this a "hail Mary" from Stan? Does he see the writing on the wall? IDK, I just know that's about as shady as it gets in terms of screwing over STL. STL needs rid of him, as the owner, in the worste way. It's like he is holding a deep-seeded grudge on STL. Sure seems like its more than just money. Just my .02.

Your source on Kroenke offering to pay the team "left out" of LA? And on a side note don't take business dealings personal. Bad way to go through life.

One thing is for sure, this is looking to play out fast. Nixon requested the August meeting so it's hard to believe that it's a negative for STL, despite multiple sources that declare the opposite (LA based, of course.) Will Nixon seal the deal on the financing by August? That appears to be a strong possibility. Otherwise why else would he request the meeting?

I know the naming rights have not come into play as a financing option. Is this a wild card Peacock is holding to woo Stan? That would be a nice sign on bonus. Should clear 100 million easily. That would put Stan's tab at less than 150 million.

Nixon/Peacock are trying to get it done fast so no more lawsuits come around and there isn't any more info revealed on how much tax payer money they're spending towards this new stadium. Also where do you get the idea that Kroenke's only being asked to pay $250 million? Also only $100 million naming rights would be either a very short deal or a very cheap deal.

Demoff pitched Inglewood. That was rather distasteful to hear.

Nothing "distasteful" about it at all. So far he's been asked by the NFL to present both the St Louis and the Inglewood stadium.

So yeah, seems STL has had a lot of good days lately. This one seems to have grown in favor of LA. So you can't call me biased, at least not completely. ;)

No idea where you're going with this one. And you can call me LA biased if you want I'm not, I'm Rams biased. I don't live in LA nor do I live in St Louis. All I'm looking for is people willing to have an honest discussion about this issue. If people present their opinions as "facts" for either side of this discussion I'll treat them the same.

This debate really only has one thing that can be done or finished prior to the owners meeting where the Rams petition to move, if they do, and the vote is done on it. The only thing left for LA or St Louis to wrap up is St Louis solidify their financing, namely finish the lawsuits and the questions about the bonds. St Louis has almost all the property purchased, they've got the construction set up and plans done. LA has everything done and is ready to break ground soon. Really until the owners vote on this the only thing left to be done is St Louis financing plan.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Straight from the horse's mouth, champ. We both know I didn't make it up.

Is it true? That's this whole media circus in a nut shell.,

It's spin. The August timeline doesn't benefit St Louis. The NFL doesn't set up meetings at the request of a local politician and if so why would Nixon suggest a meeting on the relocation timelines for the teams and the agenda for the October meetings.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Your source on Kroenke offering to pay the team "left out" of LA? And on a side note don't take business dealings personal. Bad way to go through life.

Nixon/Peacock are trying to get it done fast so no more lawsuits come around and there isn't any more info revealed on how much tax payer money they're spending towards this new stadium. Also where do you get the idea that Kroenke's only being asked to pay $250 million? Also only $100 million naming rights would be either a very short deal or a very cheap deal.

Nothing "distasteful" about it at all. So far he's been asked by the NFL to present both the St Louis and the Inglewood stadium.

No idea where you're going with this one. And you can call me LA biased if you want I'm not, I'm Rams biased. I don't live in LA nor do I live in St Louis. All I'm looking for is people willing to have an honest discussion about this issue. If people present their opinions as "facts" for either side of this discussion I'll treat them the same.

This debate really only has one thing that can be done or finished prior to the owners meeting where the Rams petition to move, if they do, and the vote is done on it. The only thing left for LA or St Louis to wrap up is St Louis solidify their financing, namely finish the lawsuits and the questions about the bonds. St Louis has almost all the property purchased, they've got the construction set up and plans done. LA has everything done and is ready to break ground soon. Really until the owners vote on this the only thing left to be done is St Louis financing plan.

I'm just gonna respectfully disagree with everything you just said and finish with "I don't know where you are going with this." Except I do know lol.

Fact of the matter is I could lay everything on the line, with sources, and you would still have the same opinion.

Oh, Spanos has the votes to block Stan, BTW. I'm sure you disagree with that (of which you now agree because it's opposite day. But since I brought it up you will disagree again.) HA!

Its not hard to see where these things go.

It's an amazing thing, it's like people think winning any kind of debate on the topic makes a difference in the outcome. So I just keep tallies on what's happening, share them, and just kind of admire those who try to prove my tallies wrong. It's a rediculous cycle that I'm well aware of. :)

But by all means, vent to your hearts content. Just don't have a heart attack over it. I'm here for you, buddy. My shoulder is plenty strong enough for your emotions.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
It's also been reported that none of the owners have enough votes for relocation right now and no one knows how it will turn out until they vote. Just look at the last presidential election, if the vote was held a week earlier we might have had a different president.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
That's fine. I am guessing you, as more than a casual fan, speak from your experience. I have a different experience based on those I have spoken with. I think sometimes also that conversations morph depending on the people talking.

Funny to get wrapped up in all this on this thread - eh? Guess in the absence of any real and new information we have to start heading down other avenues that really don't matter all that much. I'll just figure that you indeed likely have a greater pulse from those in the Lou and accept that on the issue.

I'll just say this. Screw the whiners and the horse they rode in on. :D

Yeah the whiners suck, and they'll stink on ice this year.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Simply put, to be a Rams fan means to be a Niner hater. It's essentially tradition that's passed down from generation to generation, same as college rivalries like Auburn/Alabama, Ohio State/Michigan, or USC/UCLA.

I'm sure there's a universe where a Ram fan can NOT have intense dislike for the Niners, but it's not something one typically admits amongst their Ram brethren, lest they desire to deal with those questioning their fan credibility, much like what's going on here.

I mean, it's all in fun, but....damn, son...Niners suck.

The whiner hatred goes back to the LA days. Its probably hard for people who are st. louis only fans to understand the level of hatred we old timers have. Especially the younger crowd. They might view the seahags as more of a rival. Especially since we actually played them in a playoff game and beat them 3 times in one season. Twice in their house.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I would also say a factor is that Warner did not "leave" us, he got kicked to the curb. He didn't instantly jump over to them, he bounced around and had a rough time of it. I know that the feeling on him would be much different if he had left due to a contract dispute or money, but in this case it was the Rams who dumped him, and it wasn't like he immediately turned to the Cards for a job.

To compare it to dating, it is like if you dated a girl for a while it got really serious, but then you dumped her (no question...this wasn't a mutual split...you dumped her). You got this loser dude across the street you can't stand, but she doesn't start dating him to make you jealous so there is no revenge factor at play. Instead she dates a guy in another town (different divsion) but when that ends she somehow ends up dating the loser across the street. Surprisingly she gets him cleaned up and respectable...meanwhile the girl you dumped her for ended up having issues and not working out. Now you are looking across the street realizing she was a good girl all along, maybe you made a mistake dumping her (maybe not , maybe it wouldn't have worked for you two), and as much as you dislike the loser guy you have to grudgingly admit she is actually making him respectable and better, and in the end you have to pull for her happiness and a good end to her story.

I can be happy for an ex even if she's dating a loser, but if she were to shack up with the guy I hated most in life, I wouldn't take her back regardless, she's damaged goods, and obviously has lost her mind.:ROFLMAO:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@The Ripper , @mr.stlouis , @blue4 , @WillasDad , @OldSchool , @bluecoconuts , @RamFan503 (yes me included) - Let's take a bit of a chill pill here. I would like to request that no one here tells anyone what it means to be a Rams fan or that they're biased or any number of things that have been bandied about recently. Let's all just keep in mind that we're Rams fans and in our own ways want what is best for the Rams, the cities of LA and St Louis, and so on.

This is going to be a tough pill to swallow in some way no matter what your angle. I have enjoyed beating the bushes with all of you on this subject. Let's just try to keep the vitriol to a minimum. The biggest part of being a fan to me is having fun being a fan with all your fellow Rams fans. That is the common bond for which this site was created.

To that I say GO RAMS and cheers to all of y'awlz. No matter how wrong you are. :cool:

And get your butts out to the game and/or tailgater on opening day. That way you can tell me in person how wrong I am.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@mr.stlouis
You answered none of my questions and simply responded with more innuendo, assumpions and personal opinions. It isn't about winning a debate on a website, it's about having an honest discussion about a topic we all have a vested interest in.

@RamFan503, you got it I've already had the chill pill tonight :) A nice Jack'n'Coke to go with dinner!

Cya all tomorrow for more fun and excitement.

RamBill

Legend
Rams, Raiders, Chargers pitch proposals to bring back NFL to L.A.
AR-150619945.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Artist's rendering of the City of Champions Revitalization Project in Inglewood that could host the NFL's Rams.
By Vincent Bonsignore, Los Angeles Daily News
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/201...rgers-pitch-proposals-to-bring-back-nfl-to-la

Posted: 06/10/15, 8:41 PM PDT | Updated: 1 min ago

0 Comments
EP-150619945.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Proposed new stadium to be built in Carson that could host the Chargers and Raiders.

The starting line is a bit blurry and the finish line is still a few months away, but the three-team race to bring the NFL back to Los Angeles is most certainly underway.

And the winding course passed through New York on Wednesday, where the St. Louis Rams, Oakland Raiders and San Diego Chargers updated the NFL’s six-owner Los Angeles Opportunity Committee on the status of stadium plans in their home markets and, more importantly, where things stand with the Ram’s Inglewood stadium project and the Chargers’ and Raiders’ Carson proposal.

The NFL will reconvene in Chicago on Aug. 11 for a Los Angeles-specific meeting in which all 32 owners will be updated on where things stand at that point.

Although plenty of unresolved issues remain — including what San Diego and Oakland can deliver in terms of local stadium plans to keep the Chargers and Raiders — it’s looking more and more like the NFL will soon decide between the Rams’ Inglewood plan and the Raiders’ and Chargers’ Carson project by early next year, if not sooner.

Which made Wednesday an important part of the process.

And make no mistake, the Los Angeles aspect of the updates most certainly dominated the day, with longtime NFL executive Carmen Policy delivering most of the Carson message on behalf of Chargers owner Dean Spanos and Raiders owner Mark Davis, and Rams owner Stan Kroenke and team president Kevin Demoff updating owners on Inglewood.

The Rams declined comment, but their thinking seems clear: They are selling their site and their long history in Los Angeles as the keys to insure a successful return to Los Angeles, while also being willing participants in helping the Chargers and Raiders secure financially beneficial new stadiums and futures.

With a ready-made fan base in L.A., the financial might of a multi-billionaire owner and an extravagant stadium on a site Los Angeles fans are familiar with, the Rams are pushing their plan as NFL’s best bet for a successful re-entry into the second-biggest market in the country after a 20-year absence.

The message: The NFL has one shot to get it right in L.A. and that’s the Rams in Inglewood.

Meanwhile, by working together with the Chargers and Raiders, and with room to add another team, perhaps one team comes on as a partner and the other gets a helping hand building a new stadium in their current market.

In doing so, all teams objectives will be met.

The Carson proposal was spearheaded by Policy, who stressed that the open-air, football-first, fan-first stadium sitting on 168 acres of easily accessible land is a perfect fit for Los Angeles football fans.

Just as importantly, Carson would solve the longtime stadium battles of two California teams while also creating a strong return to Los Angeles.

“I truly believe we got our message across,” Policy said. “What we were able to do today is explain to the committee and staff everything that’s been going on, all the hard work and expenditures of money, time and effort and this is where we are.

“We spent time on the two-team solution solving the two California team dilemma,” Policy added. “The Raiders and Chargers are in the oldest stadiums in the NFL. This is the opportunity to now, with a creative and aggressive step on the part of the NFL, clear up the adversity of two-thirds of their presence in California.”

Among the other aspects of the Carson updates were financing details provided by a representative from Goldman Sachs, the hiring of Legends Marketing firm to market the Raiders and Chargers and how Carson offers the NFL a chance to be involved at ground zero of a stadium site that will include land for the NFL Network, a Hall of Fame and league-specific design concepts with events like the Super Bowl in mind.

“I think they listened,” Policy said. “I think they were impressed with location, I think they were impressed with the financing plan, and we tried to truly impress them with the concept of open-air quintessential Southern California and environment. Don’t put yourself in an enclosed mall. Don’t put yourself in an arena setting. This is the kind of atmosphere and fan experience the fans in Southern California would want.”

Whether the NFL wants Carson — or Inglewood for that matter — remains to be seen. But after Wednesday, the league clearly has more to think about.

bluecoconuts

Legend
@The Ripper , @mr.stlouis , @blue4 , @WillasDad , @OldSchool , @bluecoconuts , @RamFan503 (yes me included) - Let's take a bit of a chill pill here. I would like to request that no one here tells anyone what it means to be a Rams fan or that they're biased or any number of things that have been bandied about recently. Let's all just keep in mind that we're Rams fans and in our own ways want what is best for the Rams, the cities of LA and St Louis, and so on.

This is going to be a tough pill to swallow in some way no matter what your angle. I have enjoyed beating the bushes with all of you on this subject. Let's just try to keep the vitriol to a minimum. The biggest part of being a fan to me is having fun being a fan with all your fellow Rams fans. That is the common bond for which this site was created.

To that I say GO RAMS and cheers to all of y'awlz. No matter how wrong you are. :cool:

And get your butts out to the game and/or tailgater on opening day. That way you can tell me in person how wrong I am.

Oh, I hope I'm not coming across as insulting towards St Louis, that's not my intention at all. I actually think it's pretty cool how loyal a lot of St Lousians are to their city and people/players who bring their teams success. Perhaps it's because I've never really felt "loyal" to a city (not even home, I love Ireland and I love my farm, but I love to travel and see new things, I don't really care if I live there or not... Hence why I'm happily exactly 5,147.23 miles away from home and have only been back once in the past 10 years :ROFLMAO:) so it's an interesting concept to me. That's probably why I picked the Rams despite them not being close to LA long after they moved from the city. In fact I had no idea they were a former LA team when I picked them.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
@mr.stlouis
You answered none of my questions and simply responded with more innuendo, assumpions and personal opinions. It isn't about winning a debate on a website, it's about having an honest discussion about a topic we all have a vested interest in.

@RamFan503, you got it I've already had the chill pill tonight :) A nice Jack'n'Coke to go with dinner!

Cya all tomorrow for more fun and excitement.

You are not asking the right questions. You require facts on a topic filled to the brim with speculation. You are chasing the wind. Thus for, I neither ask or answer any questions because their base is not sound. I hope that helped you with your confusion, friend. Now let's all pretend like we're very gay now (as in happy.)

bluecoconuts

Legend
Kroneke sure is pulling all the strings he can. Offering to help finance team left out of Inglewood. It's clear Spanos doesn't want him in LA. So is this a "hail Mary" from Stan? Does he see the writing on the wall? IDK, I just know that's about as shady as it gets in terms of screwing over STL. STL needs rid of him, as the owner, in the worste way. It's like he is holding a deep-seeded grudge on STL. Sure seems like its more than just money. Just my .02.

I don't think that's really a Hail Mary, I think it's more him showing that all three teams can be taken care off. He's going to use his money to make sure every is happy, and if he's also telling other owners that he wont be happy in LA, that makes his project essentially the only one who makes all three owners happy.. Which is pretty key. It's a smart move if he really wants LA bad enough, because if Davis and Spanos would really like to stay in their home markets, he can help them out if needed. I think that if the general idea is that St Louis can't have him as an owner though, it's only going to strengthen his argument that St Louis wont work for him.

One thing is for sure, this is looking to play out fast. Nixon requested the August meeting so it's hard to believe that it's a negative for STL, despite multiple sources that declare the opposite (LA based, of course.) Will Nixon seal the deal on the financing by August? That appears to be a strong possibility. Otherwise why else would he request the meeting?

I don't think that the meeting was requested by Nixon nor it has anything to do with them. I know he's discussed how he's pleased and they'll be ready (and what else could he say?) but I can't imagine they'll have financing done by then, plus it still requires Kroenke's half. I believe the August meeting is the final one between the owners, which tells me they're probably going to nail down who they want to move (privately) or get close to it, so when it comes time to file they know what they're going to do. They'll probably then make the relocation filing date move up official then.

I know the naming rights have not come into play as a financing option. Is this a wild card Peacock is holding to woo Stan? That would be a nice sign on bonus. Should clear 100 million easily. That would put Stan's tab at less than 150 million.

I thought naming rights were going to the city, but I'm not positive it's been discussed. If they are willing to have that go to the owner, it could certainly help pitch it to him. I still don't think the stadium gets built for the Rams anytime soon, because I don't think Kroenke will rush out of that lease, especially if he's forced to stay there (why do the city any favors after keeping him from what he wanted?) but it wouldn't hurt if they did offer it to him, that's for sure. It's a good chip to have.

Demoff pitched Inglewood. That was rather distasteful to hear.

He's been pitching it, during the last LA meeting he did the same thing.. He also assisted in the St Louis update/pitch, but I think he's been more focused on pitching LA.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are not asking the right questions. You require facts on a topic filled to the brim with speculation. You are chasing the wind. Thus for, I neither ask or answer any questions because their base is not sound. I hope that helped you with your confusion, friend. Now let's all pretend like we're very gay now (as in happy.)

Oh I'm not the one confused. Have a good night @mr.stlouis

Meanwhile, by working together with the Chargers and Raiders, and with room to add another team, perhaps one team comes on as a partner and the other gets a helping hand building a new stadium in their current market.

Well we know where that assumption comes from, behind a perhaps from a guy who wasn't involved in the recent meeting discussing the stadium proposals. Sounds like sound logic:LOL:

MrMotes

Starter
I don't believe he lost the job to Leinart - did he? I think Lienart lost his job to Warner.

Both, Warner was benched after his first four games for Leinart in 2006 but won the job back in 2007.

So depending how you want to score/spin it, Warner had 4 down years 2002-2006, didn't really regain his form until 2007. It's absurd that Warner should've been our starter for those 4 years when he couldn't keep the job in NY or AZ either. Warner put himself above the team, insisted on being the starter. I don't blame him but i surely don't blame the Rams for granting his request of being released.

MrMotes

Starter
It seems to me moving up the deadline is good for one person, and one person only. And that's the person who wants to start work on his stadium in December...

iced

It seems to me moving up the deadline is good for one person, and one person only. And that's the person who wants to start work on his stadium in December...

Or the NFL is tired of waiting on Oakland and San Diego to come up with viable stadium plans for the past 10 years, and by applying pressure they're basically saying "come to the table with a real project or they may relocate." We already know where St.Louis stands on building a stadium, so really pushing it doesn't hurt them - especially since they're supposed to be wrapped up in August in court (and Peacock/Nixon has made it very clear the NFL is aware and kept up to date on their situations) and we'll know whether they can use the bonds or not.

I'd actually argue that the pushed up deadline hurts Kroenke because then San Diego has to come up with viable a plan in the next 30-60 days, which is highly unlikely as it is.

Last edited:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The timeline benefits us all, because it will be over that much faster. I've a feeling that extra time isn't going to generate any sweeter deals or ideal situations from these cities involved. They got smart people working there, they know what they can approximately get from early on I imagine. The speed may not benefit Kroenke. By cutting down on time they've forced cities to get down and dirty. Extra time means extra interference, as we in MO can attest. Less time grandstanding, gerrymandered incumbents can play games. It's acceptable proposals due, they don't have to break ground right then.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
The home cities do have to show progress but they don't have to have everything in order till the October meeting. This meeting is more about the LA timeline and the agenda for October. The only negative for the home markets would be if something fatal happened to their proposal, in SD if the vote can't happen in December or in St Louis the lawsuit prevents extending the bonds. The city lawsuit wouldn't be a fatal blow since there still could be an election scheduled this year which actually could be a good thing for St Louis. The NFL could turn down public money but it would be hard to move a team after there was a successful vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.