New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moostache

Rookie
Do you all think London will ever get a team? Not just a game here and there - an actual team in the league?
Well, NFL Europe flopped, and despite the annual games in the NFL International Series over there I think if you are truly going to be successful with international expansion you'd start with Mexico City and Toronto. Get into the largest cities in North America before trying to get to Europe again.

In fact, if I were Spanos and really did not like the idea of going to LA under someone else's terms, I start looking at Tiujana and see if I couldn't work something out down there...
Greater Tijuana
2010 census: 1,751,302
2000 census: 1,352,035
Population Growth: +29.53%

Hell, try to find ANY US city with 29% growth over the past decade...

The REAL riches on the California peninsula are in Baja California, not Los Angeles!!! LOL!!

RAMbler

UDFA
From what I have personally seen..., it can really be a fucked up culture sometimes. Full grown thugs teaching their very young sons to be punks at the games. Yup, seen it...., found it hard to believe.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well, NFL Europe flopped, and despite the annual games in the NFL International Series over there I think if you are truly going to be successful with international expansion you'd start with Mexico City and Toronto. Get into the largest cities in North America before trying to get to Europe again.

In fact, if I were Spanos and really did not like the idea of going to LA under someone else's terms, I start looking at Tiujana and see if I couldn't work something out down there...
Greater Tijuana
2010 census: 1,751,302
2000 census: 1,352,035
Population Growth: +29.53%

Hell, try to find ANY US city with 29% growth over the past decade...

The REAL riches on the California peninsula are in Baja California, not Los Angeles!!! LOL!!
Not a half bad idea really. In the TJ area there are allegedly closer to 3 million people. Put a stadium capable of hosting soccer just across the boarder and Boom! Then you put one in Mexico City - Introducing the Mexico City Jaguars.

I didn't look though. What is the travel difference between Mexico City and London?

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Davis says he's not selling the team and won't consider moving to St. Louis.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I was thinking from different US cities to either London or Mexico City. Just wondering how the travel would compare. I'm guessing a lot further to London.

Ok, I'll play.

I'm picking a central location in the US. So, I'm going with O'hare in Chicago.

ORD to LHR is anywhere from 8h 5m to 8h 20m. These are non stop flights.
ORD to MEX is anywhere from 4h to 4h 10m . Non stop as well.

So Chicago to Mexico City is within 10-20 minutes of flying to the west coast. I've flown from ORD to PDX several times. 4.5 hours is the typical flight time

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ok, I'll play.

I'm picking a central location in the US. So, I'm going with O'hare in Chicago.

ORD to LHR is anywhere from 8h 5m to 8h 20m. These are non stop flights.
ORD to MEX is anywhere from 4h to 4h 10m . Non stop as well.

So Chicago to Mexico City is within 10-20 minutes of flying to the west coast. I've flown from ORD to PDX several times. 4.5 hours is the typical flight time
Thanks. Kinda what I was thinking. Never jumped the pond and have only flown over Mexico City. Seem Mexico in general is much more viable for eventual international expansion.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
I saw this photo and it just made me laugh.

54M63yc.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the NFL wants to start the global expansion, why isnt Canada a destination? They obviously embrace the sport

Status
Not open for further replies.