New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-stadium-costs-20150506-story.html
Notice it doesn't cost much to paint the illusion of moving. Less than $1 million for an owner to gain enough leverage for multi-hundred million dollar better stadium (all 3 are doing it)

I think you missed this part

But that $800,000 spent so far on a plan to keep the Rams is less than half of what Kroenke has spent, just on a political campaign, to move St. Louis' team to Inglewood.

iced

Yea that sucks I don't know what happened with your situation. As far as I know there is no gang 'promoting' Rams gear as their 'colors' in Ventura County. I know of 2 gangs who promote cowboy and raider gear and know of some establishments who wont even show their games.

That's why I think its a bad idea for the Raiders to come to LA.

Maybe they cleaned it up since then? most of my issues occured from 2006 to 2009, wasn't there for but a few months in toward the end of 2010

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
ah yea misread that

But whats 2,3 million when we're talking about the difference in hundreds of millions?

I see no reason to spend hundreds of millions on consultants, signature gathering firms and digital renderings for a football stadium.

iced

I see no reason to spend hundreds of millions on consultants, signature gathering firms and digital renderings for a football stadium.

no I'm saying spend 1 or 2 million to go from arbitrating upgrades to getting a whole new billion dollar stadium

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
no I'm saying spend 1 or 2 million to go from arbitrating upgrades to getting a whole new billion dollar stadium
I don't understand. Are you saying why spend a couple million on their campaign when the stadium costs a billion + to build?

iced

I don't understand. Are you saying why spend a couple million on their campaign when the stadium costs a billion + to build?

Nope I'm just pointing out how its worth to spend a million or two to build leverage to get a way better deal

tonyl711

Starter
The whole point of the G4 is to help the teams stay in their cities. That's why the guidelines say it doesn't apply to teams that leave their market -hence, they wouldn't be eligible.

Again, that 450 doesn't even include relocation fee's (Which is highly unlikely they'd waive)...

Davis is stuck in oakland or carson as it stands for now
the guidelines are the same guidelines they would be breaking to let Stan move, why is it that you think the owners will bend over and spread em for Stan, but wouldnt dare let a thing or 2 slide for anyone else?
if the NFL wants the Raiders in St Louis then they must be thinking it is a better situation than Oakland. they will waive fees and whatever else they need to do if thats what they want.
Davis is not stuck in Oakland or Carson, there are a few scenarios where St Louis comes into play.

iced

Ah I see, even though I disagree this is a leverage ploy I get what you mean.
I'm not saying its all a leverage ploy, but it's not a coincidence either that all 3 others are suddenly competing for the LA market... it could be, it may not be..but can't rule it out

iced

the guidelines are the same guidelines they would be breaking to let Stan move, why is it that you think the owners will bend over and spread em for Stan, but wouldnt dare let a thing or 2 slide for anyone else?
if the NFL wants the Raiders in St Louis then they must be thinking it is a better situation than Oakland. they will waive fees and whatever else they need to do if thats what they want.
Davis is not stuck in Oakland or Carson, there are a few scenarios where St Louis comes into play.

I don't think the owners will do anything for stan, let alone let him leave.

And no I don't think the owners will bend over for any one when it comes to relocation fee's . And as you put it, I don't see them bending over or helping Davis move the team, waive fee's, and give him a g4 loan.... lol and i still doubt he could even afford the move with all that help.

Again if they were going to go that far financially - why not just help him build a stadium in oakland?

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
I'm not saying its all a leverage ploy, but it's not a coincidence either that all 3 others are suddenly competing for the LA market... it could be, it may not be..but can't rule it out

Inglewoods use as leverage has long past. There's nothing more to be gained from the St Louis proposal. Carson on the other hand is definitely is able to be used for leverage.

tonyl711

Starter
So if you had a street corner property and someone wanted put a down payment on it to reserve it for say, a Christmas tree lot, that would be public money?
the NFL doesnt own this street corner, the owner of our little corner lot tells the public "hey if you buy a licence to buy my trees ill build a lot, if you wont buy a licence i wont build" the lot gets built, now who paid for it? the public.

iced

Inglewoods use as leverage has long past. There's nothing more to be gained from the St Louis proposal. Carson on the other hand is definitely is able to be used for leverage.

disagree - San Diego is starting to come back to the table...and the more real the carson threat gets, the more inclined oakland and sd are going to be about keeping them

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

That's not true. There's still the split of revenues to be negotiated.

UDFA

I wouldn't call it a coincidence.
Stan pulled the trigger & the other two were left scrambling to protect their fallback plan/leverage market.

And.. Besides the money we know he's spent.. We have no idea what he's spent on the architects & engineering.

Leverage left town long ago.

Doesn't mean he wins.

iced

I wouldn't call it a coincidence.
Stan pulled the trigger & the other two were left scrambling to protect their fallback plan/leverage market.

And.. Besides the money we know he's spent.. We have no idea what he's spent on the architects & engineering.

Leverage left town long ago.

Doesn't mean he wins.

you could point out that spanos and davis have been dealing for 10+ years for their stadiums, and kroenke notices this. He doesn't want a half assed offer - up the stakes and the leverage, get what you want.

How the CVC has treated the Rams isn't that much different from how the cities of Oakland and SD treated their teams. Notice those cities finally made some sincere efforts within the past 3 months?

UDFA
you could point out that spanos and davis have been dealing for 10+ years for their stadiums, and kroenke notices this. He doesn't want a half assed offer - up the stakes and the leverage, get what you want.

How the CVC has treated the Rams isn't that much different from how the cities of Oakland and SD treated their teams. Notice those cities finally made some sincere efforts within the past 3 months?

I'm going to go with, "Stan is dead set on getting to Los Angeles and the other two teams are reacting and scrambling in hopes of maintaining leverage in their home markets."

myronjax

UDFA
After spending last few days in St. Louis my gut feeling is #Rams wish is to relocate to Los Angeles. Not saying they'll get their wish— Vincent Bonsignore (@DailyNewsVinny) May 10, 2015
Mr. B does seem to be a bit more centered on this whole relocation topic, more than some (talking about you Fred Roggin :) but there's something missing here with this statement. Vinnie came to the Heartland and spent a few days here..who did he talk with to get this gut feeling? Just can't imagine anyone with the Rams would grant access to the inner office to a reporter from out of town visiting for a few days. Our own reporters dont get that. Same with access to Peacock and Blitz. Did he just wander down to Laclede's Landing for a cold frosty and talk with some of the locals? Did he touch base with some of the local reporters such as Bernie and Jim T.? Maybe he talked with the gloomy CVC folks that want the EJD all to themselves?? I enjoy reading what Vinnie has to say, but I would like to know what prompted this "gut feeling" before putting much stock into it.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Mr. B does seem to be a bit more centered on this whole relocation topic, more than some (talking about you Fred Roggin :) but there's something missing here with this statement. Vinnie came to the Heartland and spent a few days here..who did he talk with to get this gut feeling? Just can't imagine anyone with the Rams would grant access to the inner office to a reporter from out of town visiting for a few days. Our own reporters dont get that. Same with access to Peacock and Blitz. Did he just wander down to Laclede's Landing for a cold frosty and talk with some of the locals? Did he touch base with some of the local reporters such as Bernie and Jim T.? Maybe he talked with the gloomy CVC folks that want the EJD all to themselves?? I enjoy reading what Vinnie has to say, but I would like to know what prompted this "gut feeling" before putting much stock into it.

He must have got a hold a lot of documents. On them was probably the actual relocation agreement which is different than the lease with the CVC. Once he had them made a few calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.