New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Stan does want to buy the Broncos, that's true. But why is that so bad to you? Can't you just drum up another pipe on how another owner would want to go to LA? It would hold the same merit as your other agenda.

:palm: I cleeearly said Inglewood was a glorified pipe dream. I don't know what part of my argument you got confused on. I think that was the end game of me having any desire to talk to you. Please go bother somebody else. I don't enjoy arguing with somebody of whom is not at least of the same depth.
If Stan buys the Broncos then I'll just buy the Rams and relocate them to LA. That is my endgame.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I totally agree here. I don't live in St. Louis but I grew up there. Anyone who says that they don't care about the Rams has no idea what they're talking about. The few seasons that they happened to be good, the city was totally stoked over them. TOTALLY. Only the Cardinals could come close to touching that, and even then during those years the Rams were more popular.

Trust me when I say if any team is more popular in St. Louis than the Cardinals then that's saying something. The Cardinals are to St. Louis what the Packers are to Green Bay, what the Redwings are to Detroit and what the Cubs are to drunk, privileged, North Side of Chicago frat boys. And the Rams were more popular than the Cardinals for a few years there. Think about that for a second when you trash the Rams fans in St. Louis.

I am not sure that is any different than any other city. What city doesn't totally support a championship caliber team in their own town?

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Stan does want to buy the Broncos, that's true. But why is that so bad to you? Can't you just drum up another pipe on how another owner would want to go to LA? It would hold the same merit as your other agenda.

:palm: I cleeearly said Inglewood was a glorified pipe dream. I don't know what part of my argument you got confused on. I think that was the end game of me having any desire to talk to you. Please go bother somebody else. I don't enjoy arguing with somebody of whom is not at least of the same depth.

If you had done some research, you would learn that Pat Bowlen has put the Broncos in a Family Trust for his kids to take over when he passes. There will be a 3 person panel that will oversee the children as they take over the team. There are 5 kids I believe. The team can only be sold if and only ALL of the children are deemed incompetent to handle the responsibilities. So, any one of the 5 could take the job with the other 4 having an option if the other fails. It would be many years down road before we find out if the children are competent owners.

Is there a reliable source that said Stan wants to buy the Broncos because I don't know of one?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Article deleted - no credit or link given

Like the Seahawks and Vikings were "LA Bound?" Well that feels like a billion years ago. All that matters is whether they stay or go. Most LA "sources" said 2015 a looong time ago. Now 2016 is the new 2015, or even 2014 for that matter. I'm not buying it. All I wonder is how many times is LA gonna strike out? They need an expansion team and SD, OAK, and STL need new stadiums. This relocation talk is a waste. And as much time, money, propaganda, and figuring in the net loss to the city of STL and the state of MO, I have no question something will get done. Goodelle flew to MINN to get the financing done. We haven't even come close to that happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I am not sure that is any different than any other city. What city doesn't totally support a championship caliber team in their own town?
It's not just that they supported them, it was that they were beloved there. I can't really explain it more than that. If you happen to go to a restaurant or a bar on a Sunday everyone was crowded around the TV showing the Rams game, if you went to work/school on Monday all that anyone talked about was the Rams game, kids would spontaneously play touch football in the street, etc.

It was more than just supporting a championship caliber team, it was that they became an integral part of the culture. At the time the Cardinals were also very good and nearly championship caliber and they were replaced by the Rams. You almost have to live in St. Louis to know what it means that a team became more popular in St. Louis than the Cardinals. Like I said, it's as if a baseball team became more popular in Green Bay than the Packers.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Inglewood is being built? When did they start? Seems like it was just a few pages ago we established all that's happened so far is prep work for any kind of building project. When the foundation gets poured then we can assume it's being built.

As for Denver, it's a media theory. So is Stan's "end game." Yet you disbelieve one and totally believe the other? Stan has never once indicated anything. Not one thing.

Okay, I'll rephrase what I thought was clear.

Inglewood is going to be built without team commitment.

And I don't believe that because there is zero evidence that indicates he's planning on doing that. Find me some and I'll stick it in the realistic outcome column.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't need to do any fancy research to know that those "kids" could band together and sell the team. Not like it's hard to look incompetent. They could probably do some research on your persuasion skills and sell the team by next week. And that's with the guy still living. HA! Whew, I had a good time with that one. Thanks for the laugh. :LOL:

Your recent posts are mind boggling to me.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Okay, I'll rephrase what I thought was clear.

Inglewood is going to be built without team commitment.

And I don't believe that because there is zero evidence that indicates he's planning on doing that. Find me some and I'll stick it in the realistic outcome column.

No you were clear before. If you'd have said, "the stadium in Inglewood LOOKS like it's going to to be built" I'd agree. "Strong likelihood based on what we know" I'd also agree. But the fact is Stan can turn that property into anything he wants at this point. And the only indications of what he actually wants to do are somewhat conflicting, as both Mayor Butts and Peacock claim the Rams are murmuring platitudes at them and giving input. I don't see how anyone on the outside of this process as we are can claim to know anymore than that.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Don't fret or lose a wink of sleep, man. Misconception is a very common reactions to the the things I say. Not because the things I say are over the top or inconcievably intellegent, but people don't know my intent. The sheer fact that I say thinks with a premeditated intent to shift a state of being, of which I find to be for the greater good, is met with a disconnect or even malcontent/anxiety/hostility.

"The man led the horse to water but it refused to drink. Therefore, the horse never learned to trust the man with the rope. In fact, the meere sight of the man caused greater anxiety within the horse than ever before. And all the man could do was put his head down, slightly grin at the foolishness of the horse. Then he prayed for horse would begin to realize that the man was a caretaker, the rope was a guide, and the water was proof."

Actually, misconceptions and hostility happen when you quote people who have somewhat similar thoughts on this as you do, and want the same result as you, and tell them you're done arguing with people out of their depth. Yeah, I'm still peeved about that.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Article deleted for lack of credit or link.

This article really did nothing but confirm my belief that if the financing is secured on the Stl Stadium the Rams will be going nowhere. Oh, and they will make sure that financing is secured.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
There are quite a few cities, actually, but that isn't the point. The point is many people who don't know shit about the city of St. Louis thinks the citizens just shit on the Rams while praising the Cardinals and that isn't true at all. This claim is old as hell and it's just tired and very far from the truth.

bluecoconuts

Legend
No you were clear before. If you'd have said, "the stadium in Inglewood LOOKS like it's going to to be built" I'd agree. "Strong likelihood based on what we know" I'd also agree. But the fact is Stan can turn that property into anything he wants at this point. And the only indications of what he actually wants to do are somewhat conflicting, as both Mayor Butts and Peacock claim the Rams are murmuring platitudes at them and giving input. I don't see how anyone on the outside of this process as we are can claim to know anymore than that.

I wasn't saying that it's definitely being built, I was more pointing out that they do not require a team commitment before breaking ground. Typically a stadium requires team commitment before breaking ground, for obvious reasons, Inglewood says they will do it without. That of course assumes that they don't change things up at the last minute and continue with the stadium plan. However the fact that they're willing to push forward without public commitment would suggest that in private Kroenke has either told Mayor Butts that he is going to move the Rams there, or that it's all a nice show and they're going to change it up. The former is probably more likely correct, because Butts may not be as on board with making his legacy as a guy who got so close and then failed. That doesn't mean that Kroenke wont pull the rug out on him anyway, but we wont know until it comes to that. I have no doubt that Kroenke is giving both sides input, it ultimately helps him get what he feels is best for himself, lets him keep his options open. I also believe he's limited in what he can turn the property into, but he does have options.

Don't fret or lose a wink of sleep, man. Misconception is a very common reactions to the the things I say. Not because the things I say are over the top or inconcievably intellegent, but people don't know my intent. The sheer fact that I say thinks with a premeditated intent to shift a state of being, of which I find to be for the greater good, is met with a disconnect or even malcontent/anxiety/hostility.

"The man led the horse to water but it refused to drink. Therefore, the horse never learned to trust the man with the rope. In fact, the meere sight of the man caused greater anxiety within the horse than ever before. And all the man could do was put his head down, slightly grin at the foolishness of the horse. Then he prayed for horse would begin to realize that the man was a caretaker, the rope was a guide, and the water was proof."

Yeah, that's not really what is mind boggling to me. Your posts have just been inconsistent lately, dismissing observable evidence, and then stating information that you pulled from somewhere I don't know as fact. I understand where your heart lies, but it seems that you're just going off your gut and saying that it's true, unless you have something else you're looking at that I haven't seen. As someone who primarily deals with observable evidence on a daily basis, it's interesting to me.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Evidently you're still drunk.

To be drunk is a mind set altered by alchahol. I feel bad for one who needs alchahol to alter one's mind and even worse for somebody who cannot understand to such a degree that they resort to believing the other party's mind has been altered by such.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
As far as the owners. I wonder who is jerking off who in the hotels of Phoenix right now.

I can feel the battle lines being drawn now. You know contaversial relocation talk puts a little tention in the air. Even if somebody doesn't have a dog in the fight, would an owner be happy or jealous to see Stan increase his worth by 2 billion or would they rather it be split by two teams instead of owned by one odd duck owner? This is the game of billionaires. It's not about money as much as it's about legacy and power. Will the other owners feel Stan is simply taking up too much of the honey hole with his stadium proposal in Inglewood? Especially because he's throwing the fans of STL under the bus. And you can bet your last dollar STL attendance will be up this year despite the impending doom cloud brewing. There is just too much hype and great moves being made for it not to be. And STL is a magical place for a winner. And they have not had one of those for some time. STL was once one of the best fan bases in football. If it returns close to that ptominency this year than that could definately add to the end game of them staying.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I can feel the battle lines being drawn now. You know contaversial relocation talk puts a little tention in the air. Even if somebody doesn't have a dog in the fight, would an owner be happy or jealous to see Stan increase his worth by 2 billion or would they rather it be split by two teams instead of owned by one odd duck owner? This is the game of billionaires. It's not about money as much as it's about legacy and power. Will the other owners feel Stan is simply taking up too much of the honey hole with his stadium proposal in Inglewood? Especially because he's throwing the fans of STL under the bus. And you can bet your last dollar STL attendance will be up this year despite the impending doom cloud brewing. There is just too much hype and great moves being made for it not to be. And STL is a magical place for a winner. And they have not had one of those for some time. STL was once one of the best fan bases in football. If it returns close to that ptominency this year than that could definately add to the end game of them staying.

Hmm.... I do believe I just talked myself right back to being highly optimistic for those of you of whom I need to explain things to.
You lost me when you said "it's not about money"

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
To be drunk is a mind set altered by alchahol. I feel bad for one who needs alchahol to alter one's mind and even worse for somebody who cannot understand to such a degree that they resort to believing the other party's mind has been altered by such.

So you try to insult someone but you miss the post and end up insulting someone else who's not even in the conversation, then instead of saying my bad you continue to screw with that person. You're either still drunk or you have little class.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Money for food, housing, and everyday living is of no matter to a billionaire. That's a working poor man's concern. At some point billionaire becomes decensitized by all that he has and wants something bigger. Something that makes a more recognized impact on society. Stan is 70 years old. It is far fetched to say he will be dead in 14 years. That's not much time at all! He's got a heck of a lot of money and several nice retreats. But does he have a legacy? Did he do something bigger or more incredible than swell his money bank and, own land, and have some sports teams? What his one diamond ring accomplishment? You better believe that's going through his mind and without it he'll die a typical greedy man's death. So you can see, it's bigger than money just money. Money does not but you a legacy, the people give you that. He wants power and recognition to trump many other owners in innovation and power. He can do that by going to LA. It would be his crown jewel. So wouldn't the other owners love to make him settle in STL and LA would split those benefits between the Chargers and Raiders? Thats why Peacock hinted that Stan could sell the team if Stan becomes malcontent in being trumped. Nobody likes Stan. And his new found LA fan buddies would drop him like a rock if the team does not move. He just wants that diamond.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Ehhhh, in the case of Stan I think it's more about legacy than money. For Davis and Spanos is probably more about money. However Kroenke would probably see a bigger increase and more money than either of those two teams with respects to how each project is designed.

However I don't think the owners could really say that he can't do something because it'll make him too much money and be unfair or anything like that. They probably want that, the more money he makes the more they make.

Status
Not open for further replies.