New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I could be wrong as well. But I'm just echoing what I hear everyday in the city. I mean, I live here, work here. My union lobbies in Jeff City. Most of what I hear isn't different from what I said. This isn't to continue the back and forth, just giving the reason why I hold my opinions.
Yeah - it's fine man. I know we all come at it from different angles. I'm not saying I want to stop talking about it. I just think there are so many moving pieces that none of us are privy to that... hell - ALL of our theories could be wrong. All I know is that I have been a Rams fan for some 46 years so all I can do is hope for the best for my Rams and hope to hell it gets resolved once and for good and the sooner the better. But if it takes a year or....? to settle out, here I'll be.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Yeah - much like we have warned them, let's just not go there. They won't be trolled here just like the St Louis fans will not be trolled if the team moves. If they did, it would be a very quick exit strategy.
Right, but I'm not talking about here as that kind of stuff isn't tolerated. I'm talking about other places and there are many. Ramstalk, cbssports, facebook, bleacher report, etc.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I know what you mean. I went all the way to Florida to meet up with this rag tag group. I have done the same up in Seattle. Some people scoff at the idea that I have actual friends from all over because of the Rams. But I know I do.
View attachment 5480
BTW... this gives me an idea for another thread.

In case you guys are interested, from right to left, we have Ramrasta, RhodyRams, Mrs. RhodyRams, Selassie I, LesBaker, BigRamFan (I think soon to be Mrs. BigRamFan is taking the picture), Mackeyser, Me, Mrs. RamFan503, Mrs. Selassie I, Don't know who the couple next to my wife is, and Dawg rounding out the end. I think Iced showed up after this pic was taken. I think there were a couple others that didn't make it into the picture but there's only so much tequila and beer before I can no longer take responsibility for my memory.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Right, but I'm not talking about here as that kind of stuff isn't tolerated. I'm talking about other places and there are many. Ramstalk, cbssports, facebook, bleacher report, etc.
Yep. I just can't even go to those sites for that very reason. It's like someone took their self control and won't give it back.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Just wondering if the reason Kroenke is pursuing the stadium in Hollywood Park is because the city of St. Louis won't let him choose the site where he would build his own stadium.

I've been thinking about this for some time. Kroenke has built his own venues for all his other teams. Is there some political reason the stadium must be in St. Louis? I think there is something to the fact that the city wants to exclude him from a lot of the decisions. That can't sit well with a guy like Stan.

This appears to be very similar to when Peter O'Malley wanted to bring a football team to LA, using the Chavez Ravine parking lot to build a football stadium. Then the mayor and politicians shot him down because they wanted to refurbish the Coliseum. Then O'Malley sold the Dodgers to Fox because he couldn't compete with the haves in baseball.

Meanwhile, Kroenke is practically broadcasting what he would prefer to do in St. Louis, but nobody is paying attention. In essence, Kroenke is saying to St. Louis, "You want me to put the Rams in another cookie-cutter stadium? I'll show you what a stadium should be."

tonyl711

Starter
Hahahaha you don't enjoy RockStarRams and the other derelicts updates? Maybe X should start making mashup videos of all the rallys so he can steal them for his YouTube channel again.
just think he was trying to be in your face about that post, so I responded.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just wondering if the reason Kroenke is pursuing the stadium in Hollywood Park is because the city of St. Louis won't let him choose the site where he would build his own stadium.

I've been thinking about this for some time. Kroenke has built his own venues for all his other teams. Is there some political reason the stadium must be in St. Louis? I think there is something to the fact that the city wants to exclude him from a lot of the decisions. That can't sit well with a guy like Stan.

This appears to be very similar to when Peter O'Malley wanted to bring a football team to LA, using the Chavez Ravine parking lot to build a football stadium. Then the mayor and politicians shot him down because they wanted to refurbish the Coliseum. Then O'Malley sold the Dodgers to Fox because he couldn't compete with the haves in baseball.

Meanwhile, Kroenke is practically broadcasting what he would prefer to do in St. Louis, but nobody is paying attention. In essence, Kroenke is saying to St. Louis, "You want me to put the Rams in another cookie-cutter stadium? I'll show you what a stadium should be."
Certainly isn't the wildest thought I've heard. Kroenke is in control of most every project he becomes involved in. I can't imagine he likes being dictated to. I understand that people will say that he hasn't proposed anything but I don't know that is the case in St Louis - maybe it is. But he does seem to have a plan for what he wants to see in Inglewood.

Does anyone also know if there is some union rule or anything that might not allow him to build his own there in St Louis? I don't know - just spit ballin'.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I can't hold my silence anymore. I would like to apologize to the moderators. Prime Time, and whoever else and everybody. I don't want to get banned but I have to vent. I've refrained from commenting in this thread but I gotta get this off my chest.

ESPN just had a guy on that said he talked to multiple sources that Stan is moving the team regardless of what the league says and that those same sources have said that the Chargers and Raiders plan has a long ways to go if it'll ever happen, he talked like they're gonna get new deals in their cities. And that if the NFL tries to block the Rams move Stan will just sue.

(Line deleted)

Congrats LA fans you're getting your team back, unless God himself comes down from heaven and says to Stan, keep the team in St. Louis or else. That is what it will be if the Rams stay: an Act of God. I've been optimistic until I watched Sportscenter 15 minutes ago.

LA fans, please be respectful of STL fans like myself and don't rub it in. That's all I ask. I will root for the Rams this year, after that, I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Grown up with this team and put up with their shit football and now I'm gonna suffer with them fucking leaving. Fucking bull shit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I can't hold my silence anymore. I would like to apologize to the moderators. Prime Time, and whoever else and everybody. I don't want to get banned but I have to vent. I've refrained from commenting in this thread but I gotta get this off my chest.

ESPN just had a guy on that said he talked to multiple sources that Stan is moving the team regardless of what the league says and that those same sources have said that the Chargers and Raiders plan has a long ways to go if it'll ever happen, he talked like they're gonna get new deals in their cities. And that if the NFL tries to block the Rams move Stan will just sue.

(Line deleted)

Congrats LA fans you're getting your team back, unless God himself comes down from heaven and says to Stan, keep the team in St. Louis or else. That is what it will be if the Rams stay: an Act of God. I've been optimistic until I watched Sportscenter 15 minutes ago.

LA fans, please be respectful of STL fans like myself and don't rub it in. That's all I ask. I will root for the Rams this year, after that, I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Grown up with this team and put up with their crap football and now I'm gonna suffer with them freaking leaving. freaking bull crap.
First off, I couldn't let you get away with that line here.

I would also caution that you still don't know just because you heard something from a guy who heard something from several unnamed sources.

And lastly, I left the rest because I understand the emotions going on here. No one is asking you to hold your silence but we won't allow you to just go off on anyone in this organization.

iced

(Line deleted)

LA fans, please be respectful of STL fans like myself and don't rub it in. That's all I ask. I will root for the Rams this year, after that, I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Grown up with this team and put up with their crap football and now I'm gonna suffer with them freaking leaving. freaking bull crap.

cause ESPN has such a track record of being right...

Jason Garrett sure made a great HC for the Rams

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
You know what I just realized? That the Carson announcement helped the Inglewood plan Bc of the timing. Inglewood had to pass the initiative asap

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
NFL Network just announced that a Kroenke backed group is behind the Inglewood stadium that was approved by city council with a 100% vote. They also said ground breaking could commence as soon as December of this year. Sorry, if this was posted, or controversial....just relaying what they said. Mods, if this is inappropriate, or will cause problems, you won't hurt my feeling if you delete this.

DR RAM

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
NFL Network just announced that a Kroenke backed group is behind the Inglewood stadium that was approved by city council with a 100% vote. They also said ground breaking could commence as soon as December of this year.

Yeah - I think pretty much everyone knows this but it still doesn't say anything more than we already knew.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

What would he prefer to do? Cause I'm not picking up the broadcast. From what I've read, communications between Stan and higher level politicians are nonexistent, and Demoff attends stadium meetings. Also, there is a literal shit ton of cheap land around the St Louis area. All he has to do is buy some, and I'm sure the state would be thrilled with the savings. Isn't that what he's done in Inglewood? As I said before, the entire town would love to hear Stans thoughts on location and design.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yeah - I think pretty much everyone knows this but it still doesn't say anything more than we already knew.
Gothcha, didn't see anything from NFL Network, but it's the first time I heard the owners name, and today the council made the vote. I read back a couple of pages, but I really try to stay away from this stuff.

I'm a fan if they move to Alaska.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Us STL guys have our local team in the hands of Dave Peacock, the bylaws, and willingness of the NFL to enforce those bylaws. Forgot to mention the MO Governor. Hopefully he can ram through the re-issuing of the bonds. Because he can't run for office again, he's taking this on as his legacy, let's hope he can get it done.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Gothcha, didn't see anything from NFL Network, but it's the first time I heard the owners name, and today the council made the vote. I read back a couple of pages, but I really try to stay away from this stuff.

I'm a fan if they move to Alaska.
I know man. I just wish we could cut to the chase and have someone actually involved in all this tell us where the Rams will call home.
You know what I just realized? That the Carson announcement helped the Inglewood plan Bc of the timing. Inglewood had to pass the initiative asap
If you think if it, the Inglewood project likely helps the St Louis project too. In order to keep the NFL, everyone pretty much acknowledges that St Louis has to build a new stadium. Be it the Rams or any other team, it needs to get done and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.