New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Well then you are likely to be disappointed. Stan is known as silent Stan for a reason. And he was called that long before he bought the Rams.

Again - Stan has a far better history as being honest in his dealings than either Spanos or Davis so I'll take silence over what comes out of those pie holes.

That was kind of the whole point of my post, that I'm disappointed.
As for who to trust, I doubt I'd trust anyone one of the three. Your quote from 5 yrs ago kind backs that up. As he said his actions speak for themselves. We have rallies in SD and thought out stadium plans in LA but nothing here. So yes I'm disappointed.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
That was kind of the whole point of my post, that I'm disappointed.
As for who to trust, I doubt I'd trust anyone one of the three. Your quote from 5 yrs ago kind backs that up. As he said his actions speak for themselves. We have rallies in SD and thought out stadium plans in LA but nothing here. So yes I'm disappointed.
Breaking news in 1 hour my friend...

RamBill

Legend
Inglewood approves stadium plans
Associated Press

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/...ast-tracking-st-louis-rams-backed-nfl-stadium

INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- The Inglewood City Council late Tuesday night approved plans to build a football stadium that includes St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke as a partner, clearing a path for a return to the Los Angeles area of the NFL for the first time in two decades.

The council approved the $2 billion plan with a 5-0 vote after a meeting with several hours of public comment and many vocal Rams fans wearing jerseys in attendance.

The vote adopts a new redevelopment plan without calling a public vote, effectively kickstarting construction and sidestepping lengthy environmental review of issues such as noise, traffic and air pollution.

It adds the 80,000 seat, 60-acre stadium to an existing 2009 plan to redevelop the former Hollywood Park racetrack site with homes, offices, stores, parks and open space and a hotel.

Kroenke is part of the Hollywood Park Land Co. development group that is promoting the project.

New urgency came to the issue last week with the announcement that the Oakland Raiders and the San Diego Chargers are planning a shared stadium in suburban Carson if they don't get their current hometowns to cough up enough money to replace their aging stadiums. Another stadium plan remains alive for downtown Los Angeles, but has no team attached.

Stadium proponents said it is important to approve the concept as soon as possible to avoid delays in the redevelopment that already is underway. They would like construction to start by year's end to have a venue ready for the 2018 football season.

A Feb. 20 consultants' report to the city manager backing the stadium notes that the developer, not the public, would pay the cost of building the stadium and says the plan would allow the city -- once home to the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Kings before they moved to Los Angeles -- "to continue its legacy of providing the region with world-class sports and entertainment."

The consultants also conclude that no new environmental impact reports -- which are costly and often take months or even years -- would be necessary.

The review also said the stadium would bring the city more than 10,000 jobs and tens of millions of dollars a year in new tax revenue.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The stadium isn't even being built on the property that Stan bought, why? Also, he's only a partner. What does that do for him? I guess I just don't understand how moving to LA will all of a sudden make the Rams good. You still have the same Coaches, Players and FO as St.Louis did. Also, if the Rams play in Stlouis one more year and win the super bowl, how could they ever move? The Stadium will take a few years at least. Are they really going to be forced to play in the fucking Rosebowl all that time? Let's say the Rams do have a lame duck season. Then what? You get new coaches, players and FO. It takes a few years to become good and LA has lost multiple teams because they won't watch losers. There's so many factors that go into this and the LA fans seem to be completely blind about how tough it's going to be. If someone can answer those questions in a logical way, I'll start believing they have a chance to move.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
The stadium isn't even being built on the property that Stan bought, why? Also, he's only a partner. What does that do for him? I guess I just don't understand how moving to LA will all of a sudden make the Rams good. You still have the same Coaches, Players and FO as St.Louis did. Also, if the Rams play in Stlouis one more year and win the super bowl, how could they ever move? The Stadium will take a few years at least. Are they really going to be forced to play in the freaking Rosebowl all that time? Let's say the Rams do have a lame duck season. Then what? You get new coaches, players and FO. It takes a few years to become good and LA has lost multiple teams because they won't watch losers. There's so many factors that go into this and the LA fans seem to be completely blind about how tough it's going to be. If someone can answer those questions in a logical way, I'll start believing they have a chance to move.
Womp womp womp, it's gonna be a whole new vibe and attitude! Shovels are in the dirt

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Cool, that still doesn't explain anything. But thanks for the response.

I think it explains quite a bit the first shovel to hit the ground will be the stadium they end up going with the NFL will be able to do nothing at that point. Still a long way to Tipperary, but it's not such a long way from home.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
womp womp womp, have fun watching your Chargers

I would be more shocked if the Chargers moved, JMHO, but I really don't think the NFL wants to ever leave San Diego, but again JMHO.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think it explains quite a bit the first shovel to hit the ground will be the stadium they end up going with the NFL will be able to do nothing at that point. Still a long way to Tipperary, but it's not such a long way from home.
So if LA builds a Stadium the Rams are automatically moving? That's doesn't make sense. The Rams already have a stadium.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Womp womp womp, it's gonna be a whole new vibe and attitude! Shovels are in the dirt

Yes because it's St Louis that's holding the Rams back. Once they hit LA sky's the limit. Sure that's the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.