New Defense - Ongoing season discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If Shula starts Reeder and Rozeboom again, he deserves to be fired before the game.

No excuse for those two to be anywhere near this team, even for special teams. Dump their sorry asses on the unemployment line. Poach Michael Barrett from the Browns for the active roster and start him and Speights (no, I don't suddenly trust Hummel).

White is fucking cooked as well (don't bring up Amon-Ra St. Brown's game; the wide receiver was clearly injured and not himself), and I want to see what we have in the younger cornerbacks (Witherspoon and Durant should start...if they're even healthy enough to start, but I still want to see Wallace, Woods, and Lampkin over the usual, see what we have. Hell, I want to see what we have in McCollough and Kinchens as well; if we're going to be bad and injured this year, if this is a lost year like I believe it is, there's no shame in playing younger players.

BB3 has played terrible. I don't care if he's not a traditional nose; I think Desjuan Johnson and eventually Tyler Davis could replace him without a shred of anything being lost. I'd trade him to a needy team, bring up Durden or Olajiga.

And Hoecht should not be starting over Brennan Jackson or Nick Hampton, should not be getting snaps over Verse or Young. Please stop pretending he should, Shula. I don't know what your thought process is with him.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Week 2
Bored School GIF

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
CObie has been good lake and white not so much
Seemed like Cobie's the one who shut Harrison down. Not sure of course, since I was busy distracting myself with damn near anything during that game.

LOURam85

Rookie
Seemed like Cobie's the one who shut Harrison down. Not sure of course, since I was busy distracting myself with damn near anything during that game.
Yup same for jamo after he had field day with white… also held st brown to like 40 yards

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yup same for jamo after he had field day with white… also held st brown to like 40 yards

So White was a BAD acquisition ?

Really want to see what Whiterspoon brings to The Grass ?

I don’t know The NFL rules,but if he was going to get suspended for anything ? Is there a time period for getting busted as a FA ?

Alaric Jackson was a long time holdout.His suspension just ended.Say those 2 were hanging out & something went down.Anyways YOU get what I’m getting at. You make THE STORY!!

It’s just not knowing & wondering that has to make US think about WHY differently.

Stetson had a story.Just letting EJ53 just walk , hurt The Rams short term if nothing else up The Middle.

Heard Troy Reeders interview & he sounds positive & down to earth.He is a Good Mentor & The Rams should(hopefully) be better from this lose (Cards).

LOURam85

Rookie
So White was a BAD acquisition ?

Really want to see what Whiterspoon brings to The Grass ?

I don’t know The NFL rules,but if he was going to get suspended for anything ? Is there a time period for getting busted as a FA ?

Alaric Jackson was a long time holdout.His suspension just ended.Say those 2 were hanging out & something went down.Anyways YOU get what I’m getting at. You make THE STORY!!

It’s just not knowing & wondering that has to make US think about WHY differently.

Stetson had a story.Just letting EJ53 just walk , hurt The Rams short term if nothing else up The Middle.

Heard Troy Reeders interview & he sounds positive & down to earth.He is a Good Mentor & The Rams should(hopefully) be better from this lose (Cards).
Yea I think those injuries caught up to white … when Williams come back he should take white spot CObie is probably a top 10-15 cb right now

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Take a look at salaries for Defensive units.

Unsurprisingly, the Rams are at the very bottom of the barrel at +$44 million, which is $30 million less than the next lowest team (Panthers).

Interesting strategy, and given my revulsion to soft run defenses, a dubious one.

Through two game I see two well above average players on the Rams D (Verse and K Tuner).

With injuries to key personnel on the Rams offense (the highest paid unit in the NFL) we are in for a trying season.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Some concerning stats.
Opponent 3rd down % 54.00. Completely awful.
Opponent rush yards per att. 5.5. Totally pathetic.
Opponent rush yards a game. 197. WTF

Team has got to tighten up on Defense. This is not good team Defense.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
If Shula is in over his head McVay needs to take over the defense....

Brown is not ready to take the next step like we were told. Doubt he'll ever be more than a back of the rotation talent. Hoecht is a JAG. As are Reeder and Rozeboom. In fact we have too much JAG talent across the board and not enough blue chip talent.
I agree with your last paragraph. We need more talent on D. But if we lack talent, would it make a difference if McVay took over the defense?