Need a laugh? Then read this.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Dave you just gonna ignore the fact that In coach fish’s tenure the ONLY reason you could amass the talented players we had because your boys team sucked enough to be picking high in the draft every year .. and had Snead in the back ground to pull off the RGme trade ... enjoy that Tennessee broadcast booth dave

mikedlo23

UDFA
Name
mike
In my opinion jeff fisher gets 0 credit.......yes he had some solid picks but when we are constantly drafting that high in the draft I'm sure everyone here would hit on a few of them.........we all know the good that he drafted but lets not forget this list

brian quick-2nd
isaiah pead-2nd
chris givens-4th
rok watkins-5th
aaron brown
daryl richardson
barrett jones- high 4th
brandon mcgee
zac stacey
greg robinson( over sooooo many talented players at oline and wideout)1st
tre mason-3rd
garrett gilbert
mitchell van
cb bryant
michael sam
bud sasser
martin ifedi
temarrick hemingway............

yes i know not every pick is going to be a stud he maybe hit on id say about 10 picks that he drafted out of his 5 years..... but with constant multiple high 2nd and 3rd rounders.....most of these guys should have been counted on to be starters... also i know its such a small sample sizee but look at the draft mcvay and snead put together this year from top to bottom.......everett has shown nice flashes and cooper kupp might be my favorite ram player now.....johnson has stepped in at safety and according to pff he is a top 5 position player....reynolds has shown good flashes and a nice special teams player.....smart is contributing more then i imagined and doing very well.... and the player i want to see more of but filled in nicely is samson ebukam.......all of those players have contributed yes i know that it is rare we get this much production out of a draft but man is it great to see

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Mcginnis said that last year the oline was terrible, there were no good wrs, Goff is in a great scheme now.

That's pretty damning of fisher's ability to build a team after 5 seasons and his offensive scheme.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
McGinnis is the ultimate Fisher leg humper. It is amazing that he ever held a head coaching job to me. Dude is spineless.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...are-showing-i-left-them-in-pretty-good-shape/

Jeff Fisher: Rams are showing I left them in pretty good shape
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 23, 2017

627692228-e1514039927515.jpg

Getty Images

Amid talk that Jeff Fisher wants to coach again, Fisher is making a case that he deserves another chance.

Fisher said on Nashville’s 104.5 FM that the players Sean McVay has coached to a 10-4 record this year are the same players Fisher coached last year, when he was fired before the end of a 4-12 season.

“They’re basically — I don’t want to say my players — but I had a lot to do with that roster. Left them in pretty good shape, and Sean, as he has shown in a short period of time, is an outstanding young coach, and he’s got the offense going, which was needed,” Fisher said.

Fisher was fired after the 165th loss of his coaching career, which tied an NFL record. But Fisher pointed out that he also has 173 wins, which puts him 13 wins away from being in the Top 10 of all time.

“My perspective is different because I went through it and I know exactly what I went through,” Fisher said. “I get a kick out of people [saying], ‘Oh, you just tied Dan Reeves for most losses in the history of the National Football League.’ Well, I’m a few wins away from being in the top 10. So, where do you want to emphasize? What’s your point?

Two different franchises, five different cities, six different stadiums. Not an easy thing to do. The Chargers moved from San Diego to Orange County and started 0-4 [this season]. Relocation is huge. And I’m not making excuses.”

Fisher may say he left a good thing behind for the next coach in Los Angeles, but you could just as easily look at the Rams’ success this year as evidence that Fisher should have been able to succeed last year. Fisher just has to hope there’s one NFL owner who believes that he deserves more credit for the Rams’ success.
--------------
Yea but its too bad he doesn’t know how to coach a QB. Goff, Keenum and Foles. Thats all needed to be said if you can’t run a offense or coach a QB then you shouldn’t be a head coach in the NFL today.
----------
Good fit for Bengals. Hire him as new head coach.
Move Marvin up to GM.
Bring Hue Jackson back as assistant head coach.
That is one strong team ….
----------
Rams are showing the talent you failed to work with for so long.. They are happy you are no longer their coach I’m sure.
-----------
Actually Jeff. It’s the exact opposite.
McVay is showing the NFL that you can’t coach anymore by making a run with the players you had.
----------
This guy needs to be drug tested before Christmas. He might be the worst coach ever.
----------
Don’t even think about it, Cleveland.
----------
No Jeff, the new coach is showing that coaching does matter, you say your players then why is he getting them to perform?

You have always been an overrated coach and this proves it.
---------
In all likelyhood the Rams would’ve had a good record with Fisher this year and next. The Rams are about to sell PSLs. Other teams such as the 49ers, Vikings, Falcons and others in the past have had teams spike at the appropriate time.
----------
Fischer is partially right. With the rams having primarily the same roster, this is good evidence that fisher should NEVER (emphasis here) get another head coaching job.
---------
Ok, this guy needed to go but let’s be fair too. He took over a pathetic roster. He built a top flight defense and special teams. He drafted Goff and Gurley. His undoing was he couldn’t get a decent OC. He had Mike Martz and Norv Turner sitting in SD waiting for a job, what does he do, he promotes his TE coach Rob Boras to OC, that was his BIG mistake. He was hired to help move the team, he had been through a relocation and was an LA guy. I wish him the best.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
It’s like my girlfriend saying her ex left her with some good pieces. I’m delighted for the game of thrones box sets but the guys still a twat.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
All they did was tell everyone that Fisher couldn't win with this talent.

Ramzheart

Rookie
I'll stick up for Fisher in the regard that we did lose Bradford for two seasons and the point could be made that how many teams could legitimately compete losing their starting QB.
Additionally, Moving a team across the country is a tall task on it's own, but who's decision it was to also take on the Hard Knock was a disaster!
The ironic part for me is that I believe he thought drafting Goff would save him. That's why he waited as long as he did to start him! IMO, I think that was the main reason he was canned because of his out and out Ignorance believing that he could just get by with a less than adequate offensive staff to guide and teach their rookie QB! Not in any tailoring or a adjusting the offense to suit Goff, or for that matter Keenum!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would like to know fully just how much control that Jeff had over Snead? @ this time I lean strong that Jeff has the trump card to use as often as he wanted on a Snead decision. I guess I will never know the real truth on that.

In just using the 2017 draft where Jeff was absent completely from the decision making ....plus I need to remember too Jeff was also involved as to why the 2017 draft was minus a serious high valued selection.....However this past Ram draft was exceptional IMO. This upcoming draft is sure to clear the muddy waters further on this subject.

I really have no issues with Jeff Fisher getting a new HC job. I have the same thoughts as most here do. Jeff's time is fastly passing him. I think that AZ would be a nice place to refresh his HC coaching skills. Dave could join him.;)

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
Again - the only problem I had with Fisher is that he hired the worst offensive coordinator in the history of the NFL

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
As coaches their job was to coach players and help the GM pinpoint draft targets. The defense is playing better at this point and the offense is miles better. So as coaches they failed, and that is the area that mattered most. Snead is the GM.

This whole time we're led to believe JF had full control of roster.

And that's what this article is about. And they added a bunch of talent. That simple.

The coaching part is another topic entirely and I'm done with that area.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Jeff’s issue is his stubbornness. Hire a damn OC.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Then it’s not hard to piss you off.

That said , will see where the season brings us.

I like the fact before the season. A lot of posters were feeling the run of 1999.

We can’t say any of us knew Kurt Warren was going to be who he was. I was a believer in Trent Greene. Kurt had him at his HOF introduction & thanked him.

Faulk was a core player . Holt wars a solid pick with great hands.Az kEm was a burner, who I thought was a #2wr.
Ricky Prohal was a nice addition.

I”ll say this about the 2017 Defense is a better team ?? Still I can sY the were piece that were pretty awesome. Fred Carter for one.

London Fletcher, Grant Winstrom. Even down to a Clemens. Dr’e Bly & The guy from Clemson on he other side.Was a fun season. Maybe the Fred was Miller OT both guys Fisher picked up the following year.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
In my opinion jeff fisher gets 0 credit.......yes he had some solid picks but when we are constantly drafting that high in the draft I'm sure everyone here would hit on a few of them.........we all know the good that he drafted but lets not forget this list

brian quick-2nd
isaiah pead-2nd
chris givens-4th
rok watkins-5th
aaron brown
daryl richardson
barrett jones- high 4th
brandon mcgee
zac stacey
greg robinson( over sooooo many talented players at oline and wideout)1st
tre mason-3rd
garrett gilbert
mitchell van
cb bryant
michael sam
bud sasser
martin ifedi
temarrick hemingway............

yes i know not every pick is going to be a stud he maybe hit on id say about 10 picks that he drafted out of his 5 years..... but with constant multiple high 2nd and 3rd rounders.....most of these guys should have been counted on to be starters... also i know its such a small sample sizee but look at the draft mcvay and snead put together this year from top to bottom.......everett has shown nice flashes and cooper kupp might be my favorite ram player now.....johnson has stepped in at safety and according to pff he is a top 5 position player....reynolds has shown good flashes and a nice special teams player.....smart is contributing more then i imagined and doing very well.... and the player i want to see more of but filled in nicely is samson ebukam.......all of those players have contributed yes i know that it is rare we get this much production out of a draft but man is it great to see

My only issue with that list are the two backs.

Zac Stacy was a solid back. I wish we'd have kept him. He was a really solid back and while not the MVP level transcendent talent of Gurley would have made one of the better backups in the league. I know he saw himself as a starter and he was decent with the Jets, but like most backs, his career was relatively short. That said, he wasn't a miss at all.

And Tre Mason has significant health issues and wasn't a "bust". It's just likely that his neurophysiology made him more susceptible to neurotrauma. I dunno if he's got CTE (which I think it's likely) or if there's something else going on, but it's clear from his symptoms that he was a good back until he couldn't be one. There wasn't a time when people could say, "Mason's just not a good back". His issues were neurological in nature. I don't see him as a bust. Moreover, he showed NO signs of this prior to getting drafted and he showed really nice burst, vision and change of direction when he played. He had a bright future.