Need a laugh? Then read this.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Wow, he has titanium balls the size of church bells to put something like that to print...As a Rams fan, I feel insulted by that drivel...Btw, I'm not averse to Jeff Fisher getting anothet job, it's not my business...UNLESS it was with the Rams...Fortunately, it never will be..It is hard for me to imagine how an owner would put himself into that kind of situation...Being mocked and laughed at outwardly is certainly not what an owner of a struggling franchise is looking for..

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does Les Snead get any credit here? If not then what is the purpose of him being a general manager?

When he was hired I figured Fisher, based on his long coaching history, would get us out of the basement and to a level of mediocrity, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7, and make this team tough and mean. For the most part he accomplished that.

He set the table for McVay and the Rams for years to come, so I hold no animosity towards the man but neither do I think he deserves another shot at an NFL head coaching position, unless he has absolutely no say on the offensive scheme or the coaches that are hired to run the offense.

well said.

Instead, he essentially fixed Jared Goff

see, this is why i hate journalists. he spent the whole article telling us how bad fisher and his offensive scheme is, how the career of young qbs are in danger if fisher is hired by their team then in the next breath says mcvay fixed goff. he was a rookie in a terrible scheme with terrible coaches, he didn't have a chance. he didn't need fixing, he just needed a good coach and play in a scheme that works. and look at him now.

it was the same all last season and offseason with these bozos. yeah fisher is a horrible coach, yeah it's a terrible offensive scheme, yeah he has no wrs, yeah his oline is horrible, yeah gurley can't make any yards because he's always hit in the backfield, but goff's a bust, he can't elevate the team. stupid journalists.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Assembled a talented but underachieving roster who could never crack .500, let alone approach a playoff spot.

If that's what they want to hang their hat on, let 'em.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No credit for Drafting Goff, Gurley JBrown of Havenstien? Those were all Fisher picks. Who would you have drafted Snaz?

But they all stunk when they played under Fisher. Same guys as last year, kinda.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
EnSjtgK.gif

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Ya, I'm sorry, but I can't give credit to a coach who was able to draft and hoard so much talent because his coaching was so inept. It's basically rewarding coaching that squanders talent.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I can't think of one thing McGinnis could be credited for during his tenure here.

Seriously, what did he ever do? As far as I can tell, he occupied a title and collected a check.

Psycho_X

Legend
Can't have it both ways McGinnis.... Fisher either assembled a great roster and utterly and completely failed as coaches or you assembled an awful roster and couldn't coach them to .500. It's utter horse shit regardless as both sides of the ball have drastically different starting lineups from last season. But regardless, giving the benefit of the doubt that it was due to the old coaching staffs genius all it says is they are awful at coaching... gratz. Now go back to the media booth where you belong.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
It's one thing to develop a roster loaded with talent. But it's a completely different thing to get the talent to perform. Bottom line, there was talent on this team in the past, but Fisher and his most of his staff couldn't make it all work together, especially from an offensive standpoint. McGinnis is as delusional as it gets. He was nothing more than a stooge for Fisher. I might have to listen to him Sunday on the Titans broadcast because he does color for them. I'm sure Fisher got him that job too.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I give Fisher credit for transforming an awful team (3-13, 2-14, 1-15 etc.) into a consistently mediocre one (7-9, 7-9).

I give Fisher credit for drafting some talented players and fielding consistently good defenses and special teams.

I give credit to Fisher for helping change the Rams from a hopeless laughingstock into a vaguely competitive team where the players enjoyed a sense of camaraderie and played hard for him.

Having said all that... McVay’s success exposes just how incompetent Fisher was on the offensive side of the ball. And how Fisher’s coaching is way too old-school and hopelessly inadequate for the modern game. “Smart” and “innovative” are not Fisher’s strengths.

After some dark times, I give credit to Fisher for giving Rams fans a little hope. On the other hand, it’s pretty clear that Fisher just wasn’t good enough to lead this team to be anything beyond mediocre.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Fisher definitely deserves credit for a lot of our core players. But so does Snead. Snead owns the draft imo. But saying they deserve all the credit massively undermines what Snead and McVay did with transforming the offensive line and receiving corps.

McGinnis... I was never really sure what this dude did. He seemed like Fishers "yes man" on Hard Knocks and AoN.

You can get best materials to build a house, but if you don't know how to build one, then let get the EFF out of the way and allow someone who can.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As others have said, a number of good players were drafted under Fisher - though Snead deserves credit also. But the system had Gurley have a good half season his rookie year, and then was not good last year - and a MVP candidate this year. Goff looked like a bust. The three best wide receivers were all obtained this offseason. The OL was vastly improved. The team was short of draft capital this past offseason, but huge improvements were still made.

Basically, if I were him I wouldn't want to draw attention to things - I would just be glad I'd had the paycheck.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You can get best materials to build a house, but if you don't know how to build one, then let get the EFF out of the way and allow someone who can.
I was going to say, " You can Buy all the right Groceries for the perfect Meal, But that doesn't make you a Chef!"

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I was going to say, " You can Buy all the right Groceries for the perfect Meal, But that doesn't make you a Chef!"

Like the arseholes you see on ski slopes every winter - all the gear but no idea!