My Pre-Combine Draft Board

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Apologies. I shouldn't have done that. And I'll work on reading comprehension too about Pitts/Higbee.

Don't worry, it's okay. I love discourse with people; I encourage people to do it more because it doesn't help to be shy online, particularly if you're shy offline, like I am. I can take criticism; I encourage that as well because I can admit when I'm wrong - and I could very well be wrong on Pitts' impact if he's here or in Atlanta or somewhere else.

Thank you for the discussion; WestCoast! :D

WestCoastRam

Legend
It’s not as if we run multiple TE sets. We can grab a TE in the fifth or sixth round for depth- Holker, or similar.
It's reported to be a horrible TE class. It's Bowers, big drop, Sanders, big drop, than Theo Johnson. Not sure what we're gonna do TE wise.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Don't worry, it's okay. I love discourse with people; I encourage people to do it more because it doesn't help to be shy online, particularly if you're shy offline, like I am. I can take criticism; I encourage that as well because I can admit when I'm wrong - and I could very well be wrong on Pitts' impact if he's here or in Atlanta or somewhere else.

Thank you for the discussion; WestCoast! :D
Nothing wrong with criticism but people shouldn't be called names.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Nothing wrong with criticism but people shouldn't be called names.

It's okay, really. I call myself crazy all the time. I have the craziest mocks on this site; I think I've earned the title. You've got nothing to be sorry for, WestCoast.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Pitts for our comp 3rd!? Absolutely sign me up every day of the week. Too bad I seriously doubt the Falcons would be on board with this. I'm sure McVay would be.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pitts for our comp 3rd!? Absolutely sign me up every day of the week. Too bad I seriously doubt the Falcons would be on board with this. I'm sure McVay would be.
I doubt their new OC Mr Mini McVay version ummmm what version is this now 5 or 6? I doubt Zac gives up on a weapon like Pitts, doesnt' seem very realistic at all to suggest they'd trade him.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I doubt their new OC Mr Mini McVay version ummmm what version is this now 5 or 6? I doubt Zac gives up on a weapon like Pitts, doesnt' seem very realistic at all to suggest they'd trade him.
I'd tend to agree to that. But I'd quickly accept him for a 3rd!

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What makes you think I disagree with much of what you said here? My points were about how he duplicates much of the talent we have on the team already including what Kupp and Nacua offer from all those positions you just mentioned.

It's not the worst idea in the world to take him (not trading up) it's just not a terribly good idea when there's some prime talent available at WR, CB and tackle and talent on our team that does quite a bit of what he does well already who happen to be match-up problems in their own right.
Because you called him a knife or a really nice knife when he's actually a gun.

A bigger, faster, weapon who can line of all over the formation is a far bigger matchup problem than Kupp or Nacua if used properly. He would be opening up things for them moreso than the other way around. Especially the 2023 version of Kupp. That's a true impact player. A difference maker. A gun.

Sure, there will be some other talent at #19 at the positions you list. But this is also one of the deeper, if not deepest, draft classes at those very same positions.

Difference makers over hole fillers.

Last edited:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I kinda envisioned a bigger, faster Todd Lyght type of CB, but I am seeing more and more of the safety talk lately.
It wouldn’t be that bad of a move to draft him and move him to Safety because if the Rams were to re-sign Dotson or acquire a CB1 or premium pass rusher, the Rams probably would not be able to bring back Fuller or JJ3.

That being said, I’d rather draft a CB1. There will be a couple there to pick from when it’s the Rams’ turn. This secondary needs a true CB1–and on a rookie deal? That would be HUGE for the future of this defense. The Rams could have young stars at every defensive level.

Memphis Ram

Legend
It wouldn’t be that bad of a move to draft him and move him to Safety because if the Rams were to re-sign Dotson or acquire a CB1 or premium pass rusher, the Rams probably would not be able to bring back Fuller or JJ3.

That being said, I’d rather draft a CB1. There will be a couple there to pick from when it’s the Rams’ turn. This secondary needs a true CB1–and on a rookie deal? That would be HUGE for the future of this defense. The Rams could have young stars at every defensive level.
A true #1 CB would be great. But if there is a higher rated pass rusher on the board, they've just got to take him, IMO.

Memphis Ram

Legend
OFF THE BOARD FOR CERTAIN (6)

Caleb Williams, QB, USC
Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina
Marvin Harrison, WR, OSU
Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State

PRETTY GOOD CHANCE TO BE OFF THE BOARD (5)

Jared Verse, Edge, Florida State
Dallas Turner, Edge, Alabama
Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
Taliese Fugaga, OT, Oregon State

PROBABLY WON’T MAKE IT TO #19 (6-7)
Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan (just wait until he works out)
Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma
JC Latham, OT, Alabama
Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama or Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo (maybe both)
Laiatu Latu, Edge, UCLA

Pre-Combine Draft Board for Rams at #19

Top Five Players with those 18 players off the board

1. Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa
2. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C/G, Oregon
3. JerZhan Newton, DT, Illinois (still like him better than Murphy II)
4. Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU
5. Troy Fautanu, OT, Oregon State

Top Five Including Players in the "Probably Won’t Make It to #19" Section

1. Laiatu Latu, Edge, UCLA
2. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
3a. Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama
3b. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo
3c. Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa
Guess it's time to add DT Byron Murphy to the "PROBABLY WON'T MAKE IT" list.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because you called him a knife or a really nice knife when he's actually a gun.

A bigger, faster, weapon who can line of all over the formation is a far bigger matchup problem than Kupp or Nacua if used properly. He would be opening up things for them moreso than the other way around. Especially the 2023 version of Kupp. That's a true impact player. A difference maker. A gun.

Sure, there will be some other talent at #19 at the positions you list. But this is also one of the deeper, if not deepest, draft classes at those very same positions.

Difference makers over hole fillers.
I don't know about this gun/knife metaphor, but if teams are stupid enough to let Bowers fall to us, we should make them pay. He's a HOF-level talent.