My Pre-Combine Draft Board

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
All signs point to that, but, he's easily the most versatile player in the secondary in this draft. Can literally play anywhere and well. He'd be a great get for us.
I have read that he might be best fitted at Safety in the NFL.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I have read that he might be best fitted at Safety in the NFL.
I think a fair amount of draft pundits are suggesting that based upon his skin pigment. He seems more then athletic enough to stick at CB to me. If he is relegated to playing safety, he could be pro bowl level there, so not that much of a risk.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think a fair amount of draft pundits are suggesting that based upon his skin pigment. He seems more then athletic enough to stick at CB to me. If he is relegated to playing safety, he could be pro bowl level there, so not that much of a risk.
I think he's a CB, too.

But I can't help but to wonder what a defensive coordinator could do with safeties that could cover like CBs.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he's a CB, too.

But I can't help but to wonder what a defensive coordinator could do with safeties that could cover like CBs.
Well, he seems like a perfect fit for the "star" position on our team. Big and fast enough to blitz occasionally, play the run, and run with any WR. The more I think about it, the more I hope he is the pick at #19. I fear he is going to have a great combine and destroy our chances however.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, he seems like a perfect fit for the "star" position on our team. Big and fast enough to blitz occasionally, play the run, and run with any WR. The more I think about it, the more I hope he is the pick at #19. I fear he is going to have a great combine and destroy our chances however.
I'm hoping that they can somehow come up with Brock Bowers, but Dejean would be a nice consolation prize.

At the same time, if the team plans to run a whole lot of zone coverages next year, I could see an argument on passing on him. This would not be because he'd be a poor fit but because qualify zone CBs can be had later. Especially, in this deep CB draft class.

I could see the argument on not using the #19 selection on a CB they didn't believe had the potential to be a shutdown type CB. Someone you can place on an island and allow DCs to funnel other coverage personnel elsewhere.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm hoping that they can somehow come up with Brock Bowers, but Dejean would be a nice consolation prize.

At the same time, if the team plans to run a whole lot of zone coverages next year, I could see an argument on passing on him. This would not be because he'd be a poor fit but because qualify zone CBs can be had later. Especially, in this deep CB draft class.

I could see the argument on not using the #19 selection on a CB they didn't believe had the potential to be a shutdown type CB. Someone you can place on an island and allow DCs to funnel other coverage personnel elsewhere.
Wouldn't be surprised if Bowers was our target; we obviously need tight end help, and could likely release Higbee to help with the cap.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Agreed. It wouldn't shock me if the Rams traded up for Bowers.
I have a hard time picturing it. He's not gonna be much of an inline blocker. I guess you can live with him splitting time there with Higs/Allen but it seems like a waste of his talents. So where does he play? Big slot, that's Kupp's spot. Can he play some X,
I guess. If he's not in line then you're taking one of our WRs off the field when I think adding some speed off the line would be more helpful.

If he fell, I could see us absolutely taking him and making it work (he won't). I just don't think it's worth trading up for a guy who duplicates too many characteristics we currently have in our players. Just let the draft come to us.

Maybe you could make an argument that you draft him to be Kupp's heir apparent...

Memento

Name
Jemma
I have a hard time picturing it. He's not gonna be much of an inline blocker. I guess you can live with him splitting time there with Higs/Allen but it seems like a waste of his talents. So where does he play? Big slot, that's Kupp's spot. Can he play some X,
I guess. If he's not in line then you're taking one of our WRs off the field when I think adding some speed off the line would be more helpful.

If he fell, I could see us absolutely taking him and making it work (he won't). I just don't think it's worth trading up for a guy who duplicates too many characteristics we currently have in our players. Just let the draft come to us.

Maybe you could make an argument that you draft him to be Kupp's heir apparent...

Or, and hear me out, you trade Kupp to the Bengals for their first-round pick. Zac Taylor has to be on watch after finishing last in the North. I'm hearing rumblings online that Chase and Higgins are unhappy. Boyd could be a potential cap casualty, and honestly, he isn't as good as Kupp is. Mike Brown saw what Kupp did to his team in the Super Bowl.

...Or am I just crazy?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Or, and hear me out, you trade Kupp to the Bengals for their first-round pick. Zac Taylor has to be on watch after finishing last in the North. I'm hearing rumblings online that Chase and Higgins are unhappy. Boyd could be a potential cap casualty, and honestly, he isn't as good as Kupp is. Mike Brown saw what Kupp did to his team in the Super Bowl.

...Or am I just crazy?
You're crazy... but it's a crazy I like.

But to double down, I think you go after Bowers as the heir apparent to Kupp. In the meantime, you're duplicating the same talent base on the team (Kupp ain't going anywhere) which is not terribly efficient but not the worse idea in the world.

Kupp is Bowers. Bowers is Kupp. Bowers is Einhorn.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Even if he ends up not being a shutdown CB (which I'm not sure can be evaluated until he's played in NFL) a pro bowl safety is worth #19 IMO. I'm sure the Ravens do not regret taking Hamilton at #14, he arguably the best player on their defense right now. I could envision DeJean having that kind of impact at safety (if CB doesn't work out).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Even if he ends up not being a shutdown CB (which I'm not sure can be evaluated until he's played in NFL) a pro bowl safety is worth #19 IMO. I'm sure the Ravens do not regret taking Hamilton at #14, he arguably the best player on their defense right now. I could envision DeJean having that kind of impact at safety (if CB doesn't work out).
What’s the importance of Queen for Baltimore? I’m just wondering how The Rams are going to address FA market.That’s when you can really break down depth & need.

IMO Davis Allen is going to be a solid TE for The Rams.Looking at his target to completions is awesome.

Memento

Name
Jemma
What’s the importance of Queen for Baltimore? I’m just wondering how The Rams are going to address FA market.That’s when you can really break down depth & need.

IMO Davis Allen is going to be a solid TE for The Rams.Looking at his target to completions is awesome.

Queen's going to get paid. I think a better target to go after would be Willie Gay. Less expensive, but just as much splash plays as Queen.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Queen's going to get paid. I think a better target to go after would be Willie Gay. Less expensive, but just as much splash plays as Queen.
Then what about L’Jauris Snead ?

Both Terrell Lewis & Burgees were selected before him. 2020 was a tough draft day

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

R.Smith is the only one in contention with Hamilton IMO. Queen is solid (finally after he was considered a bust after first 2 seasons). Not sure where the Allen portion of it pertained to my post, but yeah, he's going to be solid.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd prefer Willie Gay anyway. Think he's the better all around LB. Wanted him in the draft pretty badly. KC would be fools to let him walk.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

Both Terrell Lewis & Burgees were selected before him. 2020 was a tough draft day
I wanted Sneed enough to add him as a FA in my Mock. But, now that the Chiefs have won another Superbowl, the only reason he would sign elsewhere is for Big $$, ....he's good but not THAT good

Memento

Name
Jemma

Nah, I don't want anyone who's got almost as many penalties as Kendrick (including a very stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalty).

Let's just draft one or both of the Mizzou corners, maybe someone like Hadden or McGlothern late.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
R.Smith is the only one in contention with Hamilton IMO. Queen is solid (finally after he was considered a bust after first 2 seasons). Not sure where the Allen portion of it pertained to my post, but yeah, he's going to be solid.
Memento said something about the TE from Georgia.Is he worth drafting at 19 ? I think Davis Allen has a lot of upside & actually missed all of training camp.Add he is the 5th youngest Ram on the roster.

I think The Rams need a fast MLB like Queen who adds to Ernest Jones.Don’t know where you think the importance of the position?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wanted Sneed enough to add him as a FA in my Mock. But, now that the Chiefs have won another Superbowl, the only reason he would sign elsewhere is for Big $$, ....he's good but not THAT good
Right on. The Rams need a CB and wondering if The Rams need to draft or find a veteran CB.

Aubrey Pleasant is going to have a BIG day in it all.My biggest questions is Whiterspoon & Kendrick. I’d like Whiterspoon back ,and my worry is if Kendrick wrote his ticket out of the Dog House.He has upside,but at what cost.Is he a ME or WE player.Character plays a part in The Rams system.

Look at Cam & Van. Plus both Terrell’s.That 2020 draft really set The Rams back.The 2023 draft propelled them right back on Top of the NFL.Shows how drafting we’ll impacts a franchise.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nah, I don't want anyone who's got almost as many penalties as Kendrick (including a very stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalty).

Let's just draft one or both of the Mizzou corners, maybe someone like Hadden or McGlothern late.

Well I might agree as posted above.The CB position is a NEED!! Waiting to address it would be unacceptable.

Like I stated above as well Aubrey Pleasant did an excellent job with that group & knows what The Rams need.He has earned a Big Say in it all.

Sean Mcvay trust in Aubrey & he has earned that right.His evaluation is huge on how The Rams move forward.