My Pre-Combine Draft Board

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Memento said something about the TE from Georgia.Is he worth drafting at 19 ? I think Davis Allen has a lot of upside & actually missed all of training camp.Add he is the 5th youngest Ram on the roster.

I think The Rams need a fast MLB like Queen who adds to Ernest Jones.Don’t know where you think the importance of the position?
Oh yeah, I totally agree, a fast MLB to improve upon Rozenboom would be a great add. That said, I think Queen would take up way too much cap to realistically sign him. Off ball linebackers doesn't often get drafted high, so, we should probably look to the draft for this.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Memento said something about the TE from Georgia.Is he worth drafting at 19 ? I think Davis Allen has a lot of upside & actually missed all of training camp.Add he is the 5th youngest Ram on the roster.

I think The Rams need a fast MLB like Queen who adds to Ernest Jones.Don’t know where you think the importance of the position?
If Brock Bowers somehow slips to #19, or even slips to somewhere like #15, I think McSnead all but sprints to the podium or trades up to get him; he’s that good.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Oh yeah, I totally agree, a fast MLB to improve upon Rozenboom would be a great add. That said, I think Queen would take up way too much cap to realistically sign him. Off ball linebackers doesn't often get drafted high, so, we should probably look to the draft for this.
Agree Completely.

Don't see the Rams paying a free agent off-ball-LB. Heck! I hope they pay Ernest Jones next year!

Would also like to see an upgrade over Rozeboom, Reeder and Hummel. As you said, off-ball-LBs can be found in later rounds. One of the best rookie-LBs this year was undrafted Ivan Pace.

Below are some LB prospects. Half of which could be around in the 5th or later rounds.
Marist LiuFau (Notre Dame / 6’2” / 240)
Junior Colson (Michigan / 6’3” / 245)
Tommy Eichenberg (Ohio St. / 6’2” / 235)
Cedric Gray (No. Carolina / 6’2” / 232)
Jaylan Ford (Texas / 6’3” / 242)
Trevin Wallace (Kentucky / 6’1” / 244) … personal favorite
TyRon Hopper (Missouri / 6’2” / 221)
Curtis Jacobs (Penn St. / 6’1” / 227)
JD Bertrand (Notre Dame / 6’1” / 230)
Nathaniel Watson (Mississippi St. / 6’2” / 245) … another favorite
Omar Speights (LSU / 6’1” / 237)
Darius Muasau (UCLA / 6’ / 236)
Edefuan Ulofashio (Washington / 6’ / 240)
Tryce Knight (UTEP / 6’ / 235)
Jackson Sermon (California / 6’2” / 235)

Last edited:

muggmeister

Rookie
I don’t think Lati will go that early. He’s technically polished, however he has physical limitations. Players like that don’t often transition well to the NFL, where everyone is bigger and faster. I will be very skeptical of that pick if that is who the Rams draft.

Give me DeJean, JPJ, or Newton at that spot.
Watched 2 UCLA games this year, the dude just lives in the backfield. Keep him in LA if available.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Even if he ends up not being a shutdown CB (which I'm not sure can be evaluated until he's played in NFL) a pro bowl safety is worth #19 IMO. I'm sure the Ravens do not regret taking Hamilton at #14, he arguably the best player on their defense right now. I could envision DeJean having that kind of impact at safety (if CB doesn't work out).
But would the Rams use a safety like the Ravens used Hamilton? Or in another playmaking type of capacity?

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a hard time picturing it. He's not gonna be much of an inline blocker. I guess you can live with him splitting time there with Higs/Allen but it seems like a waste of his talents. So where does he play? Big slot, that's Kupp's spot. Can he play some X,
I guess. If he's not in line then you're taking one of our WRs off the field when I think adding some speed off the line would be more helpful.

If he fell, I could see us absolutely taking him and making it work (he won't). I just don't think it's worth trading up for a guy who duplicates too many characteristics we currently have in our players. Just let the draft come to us.

Maybe you could make an argument that you draft him to be Kupp's heir apparent...

He's a weapon who can line up all over the field. Outside. In the slot. In the backfield. As a FB or H-Back.
And yes, he can block well. Inline and on the move. He may not be great inline via pass protection, but he's fine run blocking.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
But would the Rams use a safety like the Ravens used Hamilton? Or in another playmaking type of capacity?
Isn’t that basically what the Star position is? Quentin Lake did a good job in the Star. So if they took a safety I’d like one that can cover with closing speed.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nathaniel Watson - Mississippi State would be a nice 3rd rd pick
W/ that Raheem Morris leaving.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If Brock Bowers somehow slips to #19, or even slips to somewhere like #15, I think McSnead all but sprints to the podium or trades up to get him; he’s that good.

Kincaid went 25

Laporta 34

Mayer 35

We’ll see,but I still don’t understand that mid season Tyler Higbee signing.

Demarcus Robinson IMO is a must sign for The Rams.He is everything Sean Mcvay thought of Allen Robinson from the Bears he thought he was getting.

Last edited:

Memento

Name
Jemma
Kincaid went 25

Laporta 34

Mayer 35

With respect, Bowers is the best tight end prospect to come out in years. We're talking about a kid who was considered top five at one point, and has won the Mackey award twice.

WestCoastRam

Legend
He's a weapon who can line up all over the field. Outside. In the slot. In the backfield. As a FB or H-Back.
And yes, he can block well. Inline and on the move. He may not be great inline via pass protection, but he's fine run blocking.
I think he duplicates too many skills we have at the skill positions that it's inefficient to take him in a trade up ... but... it's not a horrible idea to take him if he falls. I just think it's more efficient to pick one of the possibly great players we can get at X receiver, CB and on the Oline (and maybe if things really fall for us, OLB) at 19 than trading up.

Maybe there's a 3% chance he falls to us? Just don't see it.

He's a weapon yeah, but if I have a knife I prob want to have a gun next. Not another knife.... even if it's a really nice knife.

I haven't seen him be able to do anything much inline as far as blocking but open to new info.

I don't believe it's a smart move to trade up for him so I don't see the Rams doing that either.

I do like him and if I think he could help a lot of teams, just not us as much, at that price point.

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
FWIW, if Rams were to trade up for an offensive weapon. Go for Nabers or Odunze. Would add way more to an offense than Bowers and give us the X we've been missing for years.

Memento

Name
Jemma
FWIW, if Rams were to trade up for an offensive weapon. Go for Nabers or Odunze. Would add way more to an offense than Bowers and give us the X we've been missing for years.

Nabers will go top ten, that I'm sure of. Odunze is an option, but I prefer getting Bowers. Higbee is already injured and is a potential cut candidate. Bowers brings stuff like what Kelce brings to the Chiefs, and that's rare.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Nabers will go top ten, that I'm sure of. Odunze is an option, but I prefer getting Bowers. Higbee is already injured and is a potential cut candidate. Bowers brings stuff like what Kelce brings to the Chiefs, and that's rare.
It's not rare, we have Kupp and Nacua doing the same things! Kupp does what Kelce does! But look, I don't think it's the end of the world if we grab him. Don't think it's an efficient use of resources though and just don't want to give up more draft capital than what we have to do it.

Ignore their titles of TE and WR. Just look at their assignments on different plays.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been thinking about a WR in the 1st round the past week or two as a real possibility. The name that keeps coming up wouldn't require a trade up is Brian Thomas Jr. Big man at 6'4" 205 lbs respectable 4.45 projected 40 time though we know the Rams don't weigh 40 time heavily there are still some who worry about that time around here. He's a legit deep threat day one. Runs pretty good routes all around and has very very good agility/short area moves and quickness. The man has all the tools just not sure how good of a blocker he is right now which we know is very important to Coach.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJwwk7besX0&ab_channel=JustBombsProductions

Memento

Name
Jemma
It's not rare, we have Kupp and Nacua doing the same things! Kupp does what Kelce does! But look, I don't think it's the end of the world if we grab him. Don't think it's an efficient use of resources though and just don't want to give up more draft capital than what we have to do it.

Ignore their titles of TE and WR. Just look at their assignments on different plays.

Kupp is not even close to the same Kupp we saw in 2021, and Nacua has his own injury issues dating back to college. Bowers can do things that most tight ends can't. I'd either draft him or trade for Kyle Pitts, give us a big target with soft hands, YAC, and a consistent redzone threat.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I've been thinking about a WR in the 1st round the past week or two as a real possibility. The name that keeps coming up wouldn't require a trade up is Brian Thomas Jr. Big man at 6'4" 205 lbs respectable 4.45 projected 40 time though we know the Rams don't weigh 40 time heavily there are still some who worry about that time around here. He's a legit deep threat day one. Runs pretty good routes all around and has very very good agility/short area moves and quickness. The man has all the tools just not sure how good of a blocker he is right now which we know is very important to Coach.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJwwk7besX0&ab_channel=JustBombsProductions

It sure sounds like he'll land right around where we pick. Lot to like about the kid and fits a need we have at X.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Kupp is not even close to the same Kupp we saw in 2021, and Nacua has his own injury issues dating back to college. Bowers can do things that most tight ends can't. I'd either draft him or trade for Kyle Pitts, give us a big target with soft hands, YAC, and a consistent redzone threat.
I do think that's an argument that has some sense to it. If you draft Bowers, you're drafting a guy who can share those roles now and take over for them in the future.

Have you watched Pitts?