My OTA’s stars or surprises

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Guys like him just seem to prove that they will never be healthy. So I have my doubts.

I think Parkinson will be revelation at TE. With his size, he will be a monster in the redzone. And think that they can employ Kupp, Puka, Davis Allen, and Parkinson inside the 10. Now you can run it or throw it with those TEs in there as they can block or become big targets for Stafford.
That would be a lot of power upfront.I still don’t understand why The Rams(Mcvay,Demoff)decided to extend Higbee during the season last year.
This contract NEVER made SENSE to me!I like Higbee,but he has been INJURED a lot.He has slowed down & now that cheap shot against Detroit might be career changing.

IMO he doesn’t comeback close to the same player.Parkinson & Davis are both signed longer out.Mcvay tried to move up for Bowers.Glad they didn’t & also think Hunter Ling will be more of a impact than Higbee in 2024.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I still like Hunter Long,because of what Mcvay said & seeing his development.He looked like a good run blocker.

https://www.therams.com/news/rams-injury-updates-ravens-week-15-Commodes-hunter-long-tutu-atwell

Nick Caley almost got the NE Pats OC job & Mcvay said The Rams were lucky to keep him as the TE’s coach.IMO Hunter Long has built trust in Caley allowing him to be able to get playing time.

Tano

Legend

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Are we still talking about Hunter Long? Based on what?
—college scouting reports? Cmon man.

nantucket9

UDFA
Name
nantucket9
Re; Hunter Long (as an example) ....
We as Ram fans should know that big contributors can come from anywhere..witness, Puca .. who ever heard of Puca as of a year ago in June? And did we expect Kobie Turner to be a total stud DT? And K. Williams?
Watch who is playing in OTAs and other small comments McVay makes can be telling and meaningful... let's see what Hunter Long brings given playing lots in OTAs etc. and let's keep our eye open for a few other surprise performers this year...

Thanks to all of you picking up bits and pieces and/or going to OTA/practices...Keep the info coming!
I am particularly interested in all our DL/OLB -- Hampton et al. Are any ascending and will they impact the games this year? I am skeptical of Brown given his past up and DOWN performances. I hope I'm wrong about him.

p.s. I am reading lots about how badly the Rams wanted Bowers in draft. They offered Giants and Raiders a ton. Snead must think Bowers is a total game changer. I'm VERY happy though with Verse/Fiske combination. The best thing I heard about Verse was Belichick's comments about Verse during draft TV broadcast: "He does LOTS of things very well". Moreover Belichick had an interesting comment re: Verse's impact on Rams: "You must stop the run to earn the right to rush the passer". He felt Verse can do both. Interesting perspective "stop the run to earn the right to rush the passer" , and his Pat defenses (even last year they were good on D) were formidable most years. BB is a jerk. But he can coach defense for darn sure.

GO RAMS!

Tano

Legend
We as Ram fans should know that big contributors can come from anywhere..witness, Puca .. who ever heard of Puca as of a year ago in June? And did we expect Kobie Turner to be a total stud DT? And K. Williams?
Watch who is playing in OTAs and other small comments McVay makes can be telling and meaningful... let's see what Hunter Long brings given playing lots in OTAs etc. and let's keep our eye open for a few other surprise performers this year...

Thanks to all of you picking up bits and pieces and/or going to OTA/practices...Keep the info coming!
I am particularly interested in all our DL/OLB -- Hampton et al. Are any ascending and will they impact the games this year? I am skeptical of Brown given his past up and DOWN performances. I hope I'm wrong about him.

p.s. I am reading lots about how badly the Rams wanted Bowers in draft. They offered Giants and Raiders a ton. Snead must think Bowers is a total game changer. I'm VERY happy though with Verse/Fiske combination. The best thing I heard about Verse was Belichick's comments about Verse during draft TV broadcast: "He does LOTS of things very well". Moreover Belichick had an interesting comment re: Verse's impact on Rams: "You must stop the run to earn the right to rush the passer". He felt Verse can do both. Interesting perspective "stop the run to earn the right to rush the passer" , and his Pat defenses (even last year they were good on D) were formidable most years. BB is a jerk. But he can coach defense for darn sure.

GO RAMS!
It helps that he knows the damn play that is going to be run

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hunter Long is on the wrong side of a numbers game he cant win. If Higbee goes on the PUP list, Long can make the team but otherwise would have to jump Davis Allen on the depth chart.
Allen came along nicely last year and I'd hate to see his development slowed by Long, who cant stay on the field and is the last year of his deal

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hunter Long is on the wrong side of a numbers game he cant win. If Higbee goes on the PUP list, Long can make the team but otherwise would have to jump Davis Allen on the depth chart.
Allen came along nicely last year and I'd hate to see his development slowed by Long, who cant stay on the field and is the last year of his deal
Long is an excellent blocker IMO and was starting to show something, but like you communicated struggles with staying healthy, Allen will continue to rise, but Long, if he can stay on the field does give the Rams a TE that is very good at the point of attack.

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
That would be a lot of power upfront.I still don’t understand why The Rams(Mcvay,Demoff)decided to extend Higbee during the season last year.
This contract NEVER made SENSE to me!I like Higbee,but he has been INJURED a lot.He has slowed down & now that cheap shot against Detroit might be career changing.

IMO he doesn’t comeback close to the same player.Parkinson & Davis are both signed longer out.Mcvay tried to move up for Bowers.Glad they didn’t & also think Hunter Ling will be more of a impact than Higbee in 2024.
Higbee ended a lot of drives with dropped passes for what would have been first downs. Regardless of whether he comes back with the same speed he has to stop dropping huge drive killing passes.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Higbee ended a lot of drives with dropped passes for what would have been first downs. Regardless of whether he comes back with the same speed he has to stop dropping huge drive killing passes.
That’s why I was surprised of his signing last season.I can’t stress that enough.

During training camps he was notorious for dropping passes & being hurt.

He is a team leader & flashes all kind of talent,but last season looked a 1/4 step slower.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I think this is the year of Davis Allen and Colby Parkinson. I loved what I saw from DA when he got touches at the end of the season. Want to see more.