LEGEND My Dog ROCKS!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As a Doggie Psychiatrist I've seen this many times before. Stu's dog is considering the jerky morsel vs. the fresh and tasty thumb with jerky morsel.
Too funny. I pretty much have to say, "Eeeeeaaasssssyyy" every time I give him a treat. You may be on to something.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Stu's dog: Seriously?....I'm a grown-ass dog. And you offer me that pathetic morsel?
Gotta ration him. We we're out shooting Easter weekend and he was in the front seat of the car to protect his ears. I saw him looking like he was trying to crawl through the floor. I thought he was trying to get away from the noise. I felt sorry for him so I opened the door to check on him. Well... I was wrong. He didn't give two shits about the noise. We had a bag of Easter candy on the floor and he was grinding away at it like he hadn't eaten in weeks. Little pig dog!

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
I put my Gretchen down on 031119. She had a chest X-ray on 090118 her lungs were clear. On 030919 her lungs were filled with cancer. She was in pain. I still cry for her. I will miss her forever.

Shes the best friend I have ever had. She was my guardian angel. I know she would have died for me. I miss her so much. I’d come home in the afternoon and her big tail would wag and she’d turn in circles greeting me so happy I was home. I’ll see you again my Gretchen I will always love and remember you.

Gretchen is over the rainbow bridge loving life and chasing squirrels now. I love you my good girl and I’ll never forget how much you love me. I took her to Huntington dog beach the day before I put her down. She used to run that beach with ease. She had a hard time that day.

She had to stop and rest several times. I knew it was time, it was so difficult but I knew it was the right thing to do. The vet told me she had about two weeks. It was so hard to hear that. I knew it was bad when the vet assistant called me to come and pick her up. I could hear it in her voice over the phone.

Hug your doggies and love them like they love you, with all of their hearts, and when it’s time go with them on their last journey be there with them. Thank you for listening, and remember all the good memories your pets gave you

Gretchen is the dog pictured in my profile picture.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Very well said - nothing to add, and as trite and often overused as this is, I DO feel your pain.

And you’re a saint for ending her pain, and yes, there is a rainbow bridge.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I put my Gretchen down on 031119. She had a chest X-ray on 090118 her lungs were clear. On 030919 her lungs were filled with cancer. She was in pain. I still cry for her. I will miss her forever.

Shes the best friend I have ever had. She was my guardian angel. I know she would have died for me. I miss her so much. I’d come home in the afternoon and her big tail would wag and she’d turn in circles greeting me so happy I was home. I’ll see you again my Gretchen I will always love and remember you.

Gretchen is over the rainbow bridge loving life and chasing squirrels now. I love you my good girl and I’ll never forget how much you love me. I took her to Huntington dog beach the day before I put her down. She used to run that beach with ease. She had a hard time that day.

She had to stop and rest several times. I knew it was time, it was so difficult but I knew it was the right thing to do. The vet told me she had about two weeks. It was so hard to hear that. I knew it was bad when the vet assistant called me to come and pick her up. I could hear it in her voice over the phone.

Hug your doggies and love them like they love you, with all of their hearts, and when it’s time go with them on their last journey be there with them. Thank you for listening, and remember all the good memories your pets gave you

Brudda, there's no doubt in my mind... she feels the same way about you.

You were there for her when she needed you most.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
giphy.gif

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

Terribly sorry to hear that , and I know exactly what you're going through , we had to put our German Shepherd down a couple weeks ago as well

He would have been 12 in about a month

and , well.....................

he just got old....................

:unsure:

Here's a picture of me and Manfred

FredMe10.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Lily Von Mun Ster

I posted a couple weeks back on the What Have You Bought Lately thread about getting a new puppy

gs13a.jpg

little quick update on the puppy

been about 2 1/2 weeks now since we got her

took her into the vet this morning for her second sets of shots

Just got done a couple minutes ago , registering her with the AKC

we finally decided on a name , although we probably decided a while ago now

The breeder had named her Lilly , so we kicked that name around with a few others , and finally just decided to keep Lily , we changed the spelling a little from three "L's" to two

registered to the AKC under Lily Von Mun Ster ,

you know , because she's a little munster.............lol

she's long since made herself at home , she's quite the fearless little thing , nothing seem,s to bother her as we constantly try to introduce her to new place and people , noises , stuff like that , doesn't even phase her , like water off of a ducks back

house training is going very well , right on par with any of the other Shepherds we've had , which were all pretty easy

that doesn't mean we're ready to give her the run of the house all by herself for 12 hours at a time , but w're headed in that direction..............eventually

she's got all the traits you want in a German Shepherd , defiantly confident , doesn't shy away from anything , she simply investigates ,,,,,,and then moves on

ask me again when she hits six months , but for now , I think we got another good one

P.S.

one thing she ain't quite got figured out yet

doorways , she seems to like to stop right in the middle of the door , blocking the door , in or out , , it's like going to Walmart ,
confused.gif

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Lily Von Mun Ster

I posted a couple weeks back on the What Have You Bought Lately thread about getting a new puppy

gs13a.jpg

The breeder had named her Lilly , so we kicked that name around with a few others , and finally just decided to keep Lily , we changed the spelling a little from three "L's" to two

she's long since made herself at home , she's quite the fearless little thing , nothing seem,s to bother her as we constantly try to introduce her to new place and people , noises , stuff like that , doesn't even phase her , like water off of a ducks back

house training is going very well , right on par with any of the other Shepherds we've had , which were all pretty easy

that doesn't mean we're ready to give her the run of the house all by herself for 12 hours at a time , but w're headed in that direction..............eventually

she's got all the traits you want in a German Shepherd , defiantly confident , doesn't shy away from anything , she simply investigates ,,,,,,and then moves on

ask me again when she hits six months , but for now , I think we got another good one

P.S.

doorways , she seems to like to stop right in the middle of the door , blocking the door , in or out , , it's like going to Walmart ,
confused.gif

She's a good looking pup!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Lily Von Mun Ster

gs13a.jpg

P.S.

confused.gif
Good looking pup.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
@IowaRam - What a great looking pup! A good friend has a German Shepherd and a Golden Retriever - both great dogs. I talked to him a lot when I had narrowed it down to the two breeds.
I've always wanted a German, but got the Golden, (who I obviously love to death), because Mari spent 25 years in Germany, and just didn't like them. Have always liked the breed.
Keep posting picks, and sorry about your losing your old guy - I know how that sucks - but imho, the best way to get over the loss is getting a new one.:cheers:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
@IowaRam - What a great looking pup! A good friend has a German Shepherd and a Golden Retriever - both great dogs. I talked to him a lot when I had narrowed it down to the two breeds.
I've always wanted a German, but got the Golden, (who I obviously love to death), because Mari spent 25 years in Germany, and just didn't like them. Have always liked the breed.
Keep posting picks, and sorry about your losing your old guy - I know how that sucks - but imho, the best way to get over the loss is getting a new one.:cheers:
Golden Retriever are awesome dogs as well , very different dogs then Shepherds , but the choice was pretty much win , win

I've never meet a Golden Retriever I didn't liked.............lol

their probably like the most likable breed there is

our pup at 13 weeks will strike an awesome German Shepherd pose

but.............

by the time I dig my phone out of my pocket , punch in the screen pin number , bring up the camera

well...........

the moment had passed

gotta love puppies ..........lol

lily9a.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
another quick update

she's now big enough that when standing on her back legs she's now tall enough to reach the top of the kitchen table , o_O

plus

her nap time and my nap time don't seem to coincide , :sleep:

lily24b.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Not sure if you guys have seen the new stuff coming out about the grain free dog foods causing serious health problems now. We've feed our boy Fromm (only dog food never to have a recall) since we got him... and even their food is now a possible cause of health concerns because of this.... no recall... just possible problems.

Our boy has a sensitive stomach too. So I have now decided to make his food myself... just like I have to with my parrot. If anyone is interested I will be happy to share the recipe... it's awesome for sensitive stomachs.

As you can see here, Judah definitely approves as well.

20190707_171921.jpg

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Not sure if you guys have seen the new stuff coming out about the grain free dog foods causing serious health problems now. We've feed our boy Fromm (only dog food never to have a recall) since we got him... and even their food is now a possible cause of health concerns because of this.... no recall... just possible problems.

Our boy has a sensitive stomach too. So I have now decided to make his food myself... just like I have to with my parrot. If anyone is interested I will be happy to share the recipe... it's awesome for sensitive stomachs.

As you can see here, Judah definitely approves as well.

20190707_171921.jpg
As a doggie psychiatrist I can assure you his look means he'd really rather you fire up the grill and toss him a steak or WTF just pitch him a thawed one from the fridge.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
As a doggie psychiatrist I can assure you his look means he'd really rather you fire up the grill and toss him a steak or WTF just pitch him a thawed one from the fridge.
yea , that was the impression I got as well.................lol

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
@coconut and @IowaRam

Now that I look at Judah's face in that pic... I can see how his look might give someone the wrong impression. LOL

He's looking at me like that because he knows he's not supposed to be up on that stool or counter like that. He's a good dog about following his rules... it's really odd to see him doing something he knows better than. He's so excited about his food up there that he decided he'd forgo the scolding for jumping up there just so he could see what he was smelling. Hahaha

He loves this food I'm making for him now. It may not have steak in it (steak fucks up his sensitive belly), but it does have lots of chicken breast, chicken hearts, chicken liver, and chicken gizzards in there. Dogs actually go ape shit for offal... especially chicken hearts. I've watched him pick out the hearts and eat them before everything else he likes it so much. Funny thing is... the person who gave me the recipe said that her dogs do the same thing with the hearts.

My Grandmother used to raise fox hounds. She used to get a bunch of kidneys (not sure what animal they were from) and cook them in a big pressure cooker for her dogs. It made the house have a nasty smell for about 5 hours... but the dogs would literally start howling whenever she would start cooking those things for them... they couldn't wait to eat em.

So if you want to give your dogs a treat they will really thank you for... try giving them some offal of some kind. I stay away from the kidneys because of the smell I remember... but the stuff I offer doesn't stink up the whole house. I betcha they'll love it even more than a piece of ribeye!