Mundt & Funk out for year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So far the Rams are dodging bullets with the injured players this year. Akers is still the most impactful injury IMO.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Okay, he blew his knee out once, and then it came back later, didn't it? Also, Funk blew out BOTH knees, and wasn't an elite talent like Gurley was.
LOVE your Gruden avatar!!! Awesome.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
So glad the Rams don't have whatever turf was installed at MetLife stadium. There have been a TON of lower-body injuries on that field. 2 Rams players (Funk and Mundt) and 2 Giants players (Thomas and Toney) with lower- body injuries yesterday.

Players say the field "grabs" too much compared to other fields. Here's an article from last year when the Niners had two ACL tears on that turf:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
At last count Rams have lost FOUR running backs to season-ending injury, FFS. Akers, Jones, Calais, Funk.

The Michel trade was a life saver.

Snead gotta be scanning other teams for yet another practice squad RB to poach....

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
At last count Rams have lost FOUR running backs to season-ending injury, FFS. Akers, Jones, Calais, Funk.

Snead gotta be scanning other teams for yet another practice squad RB to poach....

How about a FB, HB & blocking TE all wrapped up in one ?

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay, he blew his knee out once, and then it came back later, didn't it? Also, Funk blew out BOTH knees, and wasn't an elite talent like Gurley was.
It was a joke, no blue font I’m color blind. Knee & leg injuries happen and they stink. That’s why it’s next man up.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No he didn’t blow out both knees it was one knee and an infection. Has nothing to do with a hamstring. Might not even be the same leg I have not heard which side it’s on.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I'd like to see Blanton get his chance now. He's actually the best option for us now as a blocking TE on the roster when we go with 2 TE formations. I think Buddy Howell can work as the #3 RB, and KR for this week, but we need a viable option now as a #3 RB as insurance, and I'm sure there's someone either on a practice squad or the waiver wire who can fit the bill.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

Henderson gets banged up so we'll definitely need a few more bodies around. Yes, the Michel trade was brilliant looking back.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Scary we are getting thinner by the week with injuries that are season ending. We hit a good stretch to get DWil back by the Tenn game at home. Still concerned by our DBs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So far the Rams are dodging bullets with the injured players this year. Akers is still the most impactful injury IMO.

Then who? Hollins?

The Rams have injuries always happening.The season ending are the killers.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Scary we are getting thinner by the week with injuries that are season ending. We hit a good stretch to get DWil back by the Tenn game at home. Still concerned by our DBs.

Well it’s confirmed David Long is having a tough time in the NFL.Last season he sat the bench.This season players are passing him up.This last game he got burned again.
He seems like a shadow more than a defensive player.He is around the ball & receivers,but doesn’t make plays.He does tackle.
I also wonder why he doesn’t show up on special teams?

—Against the Giants Funk walked behind Mcvay & looked bummed.Then he wasn’t on kickoff team.Now knowing he was hurt makes sense.Thought he was upset for not playing.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

Funk was a seventh (maybe sixth) round draft pick. The fact that he made the 53 is amazing in itself. Hamstrings are a bad injury but if anyone could recover from it, he could. Coming back from two blown knees and competing takes something extra. Tough blow for the kid but he is replaceable with a practice squad player.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Funk was a seventh (maybe sixth) round draft pick. The fact that he made the 53 is amazing in itself. Hamstrings are a bad injury but if anyone could recover from it, he could. Coming back from two blown knees and competing takes something extra. Tough blow for the kid but he is replaceable with a practice squad player.

His brother is a physical therapist or sports medicine Dr. ? I’m sure there was a lesson learned there,just by being dialed in to what happened.
Yeah - he already had a tough journey to achieve his goals.I remember 1 run for 6 yards.Thought he deserved another couple Reps.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Feel bad for both, they were playing well, Kendall Blanton now has his chance so hopefully, he's ready to be a difference in the blocking at the line of scrimmage. Not sure how to replace Funk, he was looking good too bad for him, was really starting to warm up to the kid.

Not sure if they will bring back Buddy Howell from the practice squad, he's a bigger back and very good on special teams. Javian Hawkins is smaller and has only returned 3 kickoffs in his collegiate career at Louisville, so I doubt they go in that direction.