Mundt & Funk out for year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Howell may be fine, I certainly hope so.
I like big Ben Mason because of his well known blocking capabilities, it's his specialty, and with both Mundt & Funk no longer available, Mason could function as a short yardage HB, a blocking TE, as well as a special teams demon. Howell will get special teams play, beyond that, unless there is another injury, I'm not sure how much further use he might be at the moment.
jmo.
They lost two players.
They’re offense doesn’t use an FB.. but they do use RBs & TEs.
The Rams aren’t changing what they do.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
They lost two players.
They’re offense doesn’t use an FB.. but they do use RBs & TEs.
The Rams aren’t changing what they do.

They do use a blocking TE though, and Mason can line up in multiple formations. McVay once drafted a FB, if anyone can find a way to use one in his offense, McVay can.
jmo.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
His brother is a physical therapist or sports medicine Dr. ? I’m sure there was a lesson learned there,just by being dialed in to what happened.
Yeah - he already had a tough journey to achieve his goals.I remember 1 run for 6 yards.Thought he deserved another couple Reps.
Yeah, that’s my understanding. His brother helped with his rehab… Do you know when the injury happened? I imagine it was caused by that big hit he took when returning a kickoff.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
One, pretty obvious, thing I didn’t think of… they could just run more 11 and rotate Skowronek in. He’s a hell of a blocker and seems to have already earned a lot of trust.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It will be interesting to see if Hopkins is active, and gets snaps.

The thinking is Hopkins was pinned as the more likely backup for that role.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah, that’s my understanding. His brother helped with his rehab… Do you know when the injury happened? I imagine it was caused by that big hit he took when returning a kickoff.
Well had to have been that second return.It was a hamstring injury. A full tear Imo could have either.Trying to play through it & toughing it out.
I always go back to Bruuuuuce when it came to hamstrings.DV of all people made sure he was alright & needed to stay healthy.
Players have to be open & honest to The Rams training staff.Being tough is one thing,playing smart is another.I guess that is why I brought up his brother as well.If your keeping an issue hidden you could do more harm,adding & not excusing poor play(practicing) from it.
That imo is not going to be an easy injury to comeback from when your talking about a need for speed & power.Still no matter what it will take a lot of hard work to get back to a higher level.
I wish Jake Funk the best rehabbing it.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
When Funk comes back healthy next year, we can sing this song together...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They do use a blocking TE though, and Mason can line up in multiple formations. McVay once drafted a FB, if anyone can find a way to use one in his offense, McVay can.
jmo.
I like Mason too. The whole drafting of the TE thing is kind of weird as well isn't it. It's like McVay was thinking about incorporating that into his offense then after missing in the draft on the guy changed his mind. :laugh4:

One, pretty obvious, thing I didn’t think of… they could just run more 11 and rotate Skowronek in. He’s a hell of a blocker and seems to have already earned a lot of trust.
Yeah and they can call Skow a WR all they want but he's a big target who is physical too. I agree having him and also Harris waiting in the wings is fantastic depth. Hopefully they'll start getting mixed into things because 9 likes him some big targets.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I like Mason too. The whole drafting of the TE thing is kind of weird as well isn't it. It's like McVay was thinking about incorporating that into his offense then after missing in the draft on the guy changed his mind. :laugh4:

Yeah and they can call Skow a WR all they want but he's a big target who is physical too. I agree having him and also Harris waiting in the wings is fantastic depth. Hopefully they'll start getting mixed into things because 9 likes him some big targets.
I feel like, at this point, McVay is more interested in executing the offense as structured as opposed to adding a grouping and that's why he's moved away from that idea.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Anybody got any news on who will be stepping in for mundt?
Any moves from practice squad?

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody got any news on who will be stepping in for mundt?
Any moves from practice squad?
McVay's press conference seemed to imply that Blanton will be called up for the game (not permanently) and they have added Jared Pinkney to the practice squad.

As for who might actually take the plays, he has kept it mysterious, mentioning Blanton, Hopkins and Harris as possibles.