MNF: Philadelphia Bradfords vs. Atlanta Falcons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Thought it was a tad high and once again Bradford's team came up short...As always JMHO, however, Bradford came back strong, but still threw two picks.

Mathews jumped when he didn't have to and jumped to soon. Good throw.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
No, but I've made enough excuses for Bradford over the years, his team lost and You are what your record says you are!
OK then. Just call them as I see them, Bradford, Favre, Luck, Manning, Tebow, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, whomever. Catch should have been made, period.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
BTW, Mathews almost got Ryan killed a few times. I liked him too.

Sam, didn't play well in the first half.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
OK then. Just call them as I see them, Bradford, Favre, Luck, Manning, Tebow, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, whoever. Catch should have been made, period.

I agree, but so is the life of Bradford!
Bradford_photo_shoot.focus-none.width-800.PNG

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
That's one thing I won't miss about Bradford: He puts too much velocity in his passes even at short-intermediate yardage situations. At least Foles puts a good enough touch to make it catchable but difficult for defenders to pick it off.
Too many receivers missing balls in their hands. Some of this has to be on SB.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
It's one game but boy watching him tonight just took me back a couple of years. He looked great at times and as always ended the game with a pick. It just felt like Bradford in the nutshell. Flashes of greatness but ultimately not good enough.

More importantly I was talking at work today about Foles. I commented that I have not seen the Rams push the ball downfield as much as I seen Sunday in about 5 years. For instance, the game tying pass to kendricks. I honestly don't think Sam throws that ball. Foles threw that before Williams fell. Foles continued to challenge the defense, something I don't think Sam ever did enough.

It's a small sample but I seen a positive change with the Rams offense and for Philly I seen what I always seen with Bradford......just always coming up a little short. Coinsidence? I vote no.

Greg Stone

Rookie
Great article in the Guardian which mirrors my thoughts while watching the Eagles:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...ut-chip-kellys-eagles-is-that-theyre-kinda-ok

We want to see these headlines from the Eagles:

“Dan Snyder hilariously begs for mercy in 120-point loss to Eagles”

“Bill Belichick sobs on the sidelines as Chip Kelly exposes him as football fraud”

Or:

“Chip Kelly arrested by Philadelphia police after Mark Sanchez’s 13-turnover performance”

“Philadelphia in flames as Eagles suffer 16th consecutive 30-point defeat”

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's one game but boy watching him tonight just took me back a couple of years. He looked great at times and as always ended the game with a pick. It just felt like Bradford in the nutshell. Flashes of greatness but ultimately not good enough.

More importantly I was talking at work today about Foles. I commented that I have not seen the Rams push the ball downfield as much as I seen Sunday in about 5 years. For instance, the game tying pass to kendricks. I honestly don't think Sam throws that ball. Foles threw that before Williams fell. Foles continued to challenge the defense, something I don't think Sam ever did enough.

It's a small sample but I seen a positive change with the Rams offense and for Philly I seen what I always seen with Bradford......just always coming up a little short. Coinsidence? I vote no.
I'm of the thought that Foles definitely attempted some throws Bradford never felt comfortable attempting.

Foles also flashed some imagination... something I think Bradford didn't have as much.

I just have this feeling both men will be good for their new teams.

At first, I thought Bradford was a huge mistake for Kelly. But he really came alive in the second half and showed what he is capable of in Kelly's system. I think it will work.

And I think the Rams need a QB that is less risk-adverse. So, I think Foles will "make things happen" that Bradford wasn't willing to try.

One last thought... during the first half... with Bradford not looking good and Philadelphia shooting themselves in the foot with penalties, I turned to my son and said "it's the Bradford effect"... it just seemed like bad kharma was going to follow him everywhere he went. Like I said, things improved dramatically in the second half but it still was a "Rams-like story" with Bradford... "if...if...if...if....."

But I think Kelly will work things out and, if he stays healthy, Bradford will have a very good year... the best of his career.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Maybe it's just me, but late in the third quarter the Falcon's seemed really gased! That says something about their conditioning, not good!