Mmmmmm. Beeeeeeer. (*drooool*)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Some of my favorite spots to hang out when I'm up around Flathead Lake / Glacier National Park area during the summer months. They have some great beer!

flathead-lake-brewing.png

http://flatheadlakebrewing.com/

a79adf_c70602901af14915915af6f932d89656.webp

http://www.tamarackbrewing.com/lakeside

http://www.greatnorthernbrewing.com/

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As far as east coast ipas we tasted sips of sunshine, heady, and crusher side by side. Crusher won in my opinion. Great welcoming bitterness with a hearty citrus finish.

As far as west coast IPAs, I like pliny, but prefer hopocalypse from Drakes and Hop 15 from Port. Last year's hopocalypse wasn't that great though.

Sacramento is trending on East Coast IPAs now. Yojo from Moonraker and Track 7 Love and Happiness in Vermont are both very good.

I don't normally trade for beer, but am a hoarder member for The Bruery (Black Tuesday sours etc.).

DTB - if you can score atrial rubicite that would be tight, great JK beer.

DCH - If you can get any Kate the Great or Event Horizon, those are favorites as well.
I've got more experience with East Coast IPAs (duh) - Sip is my wife's favorite beer. Maybe the only beer she likes. Heady is good; I'm not huge on Crusher, it just struck me as too sweet and almost syrupy. My favorite from the Alchemist is Focal Banger, and their new brewery means it's actually available in cans (along with Crusher).

Pliny is excellent. I really need to try more of RR's offerings, and a buddy and I are thinking of going to Philly for the Pliny the Younger release next year.

Trillium and Tree House kill it, and there's a brewery up in Burlington, Vermont called Foam that is AMAZING if you can get any of their stuff. Also can't go wrong with Bissell Brothers, Maine Beer Co., Fiddlehead, Exhibit 'A', Night Shift - the beer scene gets better every day, it seems.

Love what I've had from Bruery - never gotten Black Tuesday, but I enjoyed a bottle of So Happens It's Tuesday by myself one night and was feeling no pain.

Kate the Great I've never had, but that's an interesting story... the brewer from Portsmouth Brewery (Tod Mott) left, and they don't make that beer anymore. BUT, he left to found his own brewery - Tributary - and took the recipe; he now releases "Mott the Lesser" once a year. Same great beer, new name.

I got four this year (2 per person, my dad made the drive with me). It's fantastic - I have one left, planning on aging it to drink next to the 2017 release when it hits.

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
What's this? Englishmen talking beer? I'm in to this conversation, too!

I've had Hobgoblin, but never King Goblin. Is there a big jump?

I owe one of your countrymen a "thank you" - the only actual beer store in Bucharest, where my in-laws live, is run by a British expat. His is an oasis in a desert of differently-named Heinekens.

Also, if I lived in Yorkshire, I'm pretty sure they'd never drag my sorry ass out of the Samuel Smith brewery. Their oatmeal stout is the premiere example of that style, and I will never stop loving it.

I don't usually like Hobgoblin in bottles, draught is better but still not my favourite, KingGoblin has an extra 1.5% abv and has a lot more flavour for me :)

Not visited Sam Smiths brewery and I'm not a massive fan to be honest BUT their Organic Drop Lager is pretty tasty and the local Sam Smiths pub here sells it for less than £3 a pint!

Have you tried any Black Sheep Brewery beers? Riggwelter will knock you over.

Christmas Market in town tomorrow and I know Great Newsome Brewery have a stall, I'm hoping they have some of their five litre mini kegs for sale and I can stock up for Christmas. I bought 4 or 5 over the summer for various bbq's and stuff.

Have only been to the US three times but always tried to sample as many local brews as possible when I've been there.

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
IMG_20161214_122504.jpg
Christmas beer selection

Great Newsome Brewery
Speck Dust
Local brewery which brew some excellent beers

Adnams Brewery
Ghost Ship
Dry Hopped Lager
Ordered online and arrived two days later.

All are eight pint mini kegs, should keep me going for a little while

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Beer is good
Trading beers is better
These are in their way today to DCH
Local beers from Jester King in Austin and the Prairie from Oklahoma

image.jpeg

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
IMG_20161223_082555.jpg

Greenwich Ale aged in port barrels for six months and then blended with London Porter. Exclusive to M&S.

My Christmas Eve tipple I think.