Mmmmmm. Beeeeeeer. (*drooool*)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
This thread is full of awesome! I love the current microbrewery revolution going on right now, so many creative and unique beers out there. I myself don't enjoy the super bitter beers but I love trying new beer. Whenever I travel I try to try the local beer, I think its a fun way to get some local flavor. Its hard for me to say what my favorite beer is because I like so many. In the fall I do love trying as many different pumpkin beers as I can, nothing says fall to me like pumpkin beer.

Last edited:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Had some Goose Island 312 wheat pale ale on tap the other day during happy hour at the bar My wife works at. I must say it waa quite good. Might be my go to beer whenever I go there from now on. Glad it was that and no the ipa lol
Goose Island makes nice stuff. I flew home via Chicago a couple weeks ago and they had Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout on tap at Harry Caray's restaurant. If it wasn't 8AM I would have been all over that...

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
This thread is full of awesome! I love the current microbrewery revolution going on right now, so any creative and unique beers out there. I myself don't enjoy the super bitter beers but I love trying new beer. Whenever I travel I try to try the local beer, I think its a fun way to get some local flavor. Its hard for me to say what my favorite beer is because I like so many. In the fall I do love trying as many different pumpkin beers as I can, nothing says fall to me like pumpkin beer.
The pumpkin beers are coming... they just started hitting shelves near me.

If you're not a fan of the bitter beers, have you ever gotten anything from Urban Chestnut near Forest Park? Their Schnickelfritz Bavarian Weissbier is incredible.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Goose Island makes nice stuff. I flew home via Chicago a couple weeks ago and they had Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout on tap at Harry Caray's restaurant. If it wasn't 8AM I would have been all over that...
I'd probably of grabbed one lol

tahoe

Pro Bowler
The pumpkin beers are coming... they just started hitting shelves near me.

If you're not a fan of the bitter beers, have you ever gotten anything from Urban Chestnut near Forest Park? Their Schnickelfritz Bavarian Weissbier is incredible.
I went to Urban Chestnut once and tried the winged nut, it was ok. Ill give some of their other beers a shot though, specifically the schnickelfritz as I do like weissbiers. One of the best german weissbiers ive had is Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier. I still think my favorite pumpkin beer may be Ofallon Pumpkin its so creamy. I did recently find Lakefront Brewery Pumpkin Lager at the local liquor store that is really good.

Last edited:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I went to Urban Chestnut once and tried the winged nut, it was ok. Ill give some of their other beers a shot though, specifically the schnickelfritz as I do like weissbiers. One of the best german weissbiers ive had is Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier. I still think my favorite pumpkin beer may be Ofallon Pumpkin its so creamy. I did recently find Lakefront Brewery Pumpkin Lager at the local liquor store that is really good.
Oh good god yes, Weihenstephaner is fantastic. IMO Urban Chestnut's offerings are the only American beers that can match a true German weissbier - I've had Schnickelfritz and Pierre's Wit, and both of them are excellent. They have that banana overtone that the best Bavarian offerings have that I've never found in another American beer.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
By the way, happy IPA Day everyone!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Oh hell yes... from my man @Dieter the Brock

izlSEbp.jpg

(Cat was there to begin with...)

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Happy Black Friday beer drinkers, hope you got your hands on some Bourbon County Brand Stout today. My haul: 8x of the regular, 2x of the rye barrel and 2x of the coffee variant. Huzzah.

Qo5g7xp.jpg

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
It's been about a year, so I'll revive this thread with a few pictures of recent hauls:

79cYTBe.jpg

A couple of Mikkeler Brunch Weasels - that's a barrel-aged stout brewed with that expensive weasel poop coffee - and you should really pick up a bottle of this Boulevard Collaboration 6, which is a mix of their barrel-aged stout and Firestone Walker's.

NJmtGDv.jpg

Tailgating lineup, that's a Barrel-Aged Ten Fidy, three years' worth of Bourbon County Brand Stout, Double-Barrel Big Bad Baptist (where both the coffee and the beer are aged in bourbon barrels) and Clown Shoes Breakfast Exorcism.

And finally, today's score from the Trillium brewery:

2s9sgug.jpg

A 4-pack of Double Dry-Hopped "A" Street (Amarillo IPA), a 4-pack of Pot & Kettle Oatmeal Porter (with coffee!) and two bombers of their Permutation Number Four, a wild sour ale aged in red wine barrels and blended with moscato juice in the secondary.

Beer rules.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I got to try one of these this week;

ky-ale.jpg

Really nice. Beer with a hint of bourbon... and 8% alcohol.

This is the closest I've found to a "barley wine" micro brew my wife and I have been chasing with similar taste.
Did you ever track down that barleywine? A brewery called Clown Shoes makes one - called Billionaire - that's pretty excellent, and Firestone Walker makes Helldorado, which is AMAZING.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Did you ever track down that barleywine? A brewery called Clown Shoes makes one - called Billionaire - that's pretty excellent, and Firestone Walker makes Helldorado, which is AMAZING.

I haven't. I was told the local brewer was doing it again... but not yet.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will check that out! (y)

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I haven't. I was told the local brewer was doing it again... but not yet.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will check that out! (y)
I'll throw Great Divide's Old Ruffian (which has a bourbon barrel-aged version) and Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot in, too - both should be fairly straightforward to find in your local bottle shop.

Word of warning, these will knock you on your ass. Enjoy!

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
Wait a minute! What the hell is this?

Americans talking about beer?

I'm all over this one.

Just filled the fridge up with these bad boys today, usually I'm an IPA fiend but with the weather on the turn I'm hankering for the stronger ruby reds at the moment.

Batemans Vitory Ale.jpg
OCHa.jpg
king-goblin.png

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I've tossed back quite a few of these bad boys since they hit the market. Normally I don't drink their regular blue moon but their stout is very tasty.

eb16519ecea5653da62a3c51b64f53e8.jpg

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Wait a minute! What the hell is this?

Americans talking about beer?

I'm all over this one.

Just filled the fridge up with these bad boys today, usually I'm an IPA fiend but with the weather on the turn I'm hankering for the stronger ruby reds at the moment.

View attachment 17930 View attachment 17932 View attachment 17931
What's this? Englishmen talking beer? I'm in to this conversation, too!

I've had Hobgoblin, but never King Goblin. Is there a big jump?

I owe one of your countrymen a "thank you" - the only actual beer store in Bucharest, where my in-laws live, is run by a British expat. His is an oasis in a desert of differently-named Heinekens.

Also, if I lived in Yorkshire, I'm pretty sure they'd never drag my sorry ass out of the Samuel Smith brewery. Their oatmeal stout is the premiere example of that style, and I will never stop loving it.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
As far as east coast ipas we tasted sips of sunshine, heady, and crusher side by side. Crusher won in my opinion. Great welcoming bitterness with a hearty citrus finish.

As far as west coast IPAs, I like pliny, but prefer hopocalypse from Drakes and Hop 15 from Port. Last year's hopocalypse wasn't that great though.

Sacramento is trending on East Coast IPAs now. Yojo from Moonraker and Track 7 Love and Happiness in Vermont are both very good.

I don't normally trade for beer, but am a hoarder member for The Bruery (Black Tuesday sours etc.).

DTB - if you can score atrial rubicite that would be tight, great JK beer.

DCH - If you can get any Kate the Great or Event Horizon, those are favorites as well.