Mistake to Make Shula DC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Starting Reeder and Rozenboom is the thing that irks me the most. It’s so GD clear they don’t have it and yet Sp8s can’t even get a rep.

Here’s a novel concept - when something isn’t working, try something different.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Its early, but so far our top two picks leave something to be desired. Verse takes bad angles. Coulda had a number of tackles and sacks. Fiske is invisible. Never hear his name called. Corum isn't even being used. Kinchens can't cover. Limmer is half decent but whiffed on a big sack today. The defense is the worst tackling team in the league. By far.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its early, but so far our top two picks leave something to be desired. Verse takes bad angles. Coulda had a number of tackles and sacks. Fiske is invisible. Never hear his name called. Corum isn't even being used. Kinchens can't cover. Limmer is half decent but whiffed on a big sack today. The defense is the worst tackling team in the league. By far.
Please post more often about this. I read it as we get great pressure and a stop on 3rd and 8 to force a long FG miss. should give you a thread winner not a laugh but yeah.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Holy shit more pressure a rookie on the sack and forced a put and a big fucking return.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I had completely lost faith after they went down 14-0. In a fatalistic mood, I guess.. glad I was wrong.

Lots of issues on D… but looks like they grew some during the game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had completely lost faith after they went down 14-0. In a fatalistic mood, I guess.. glad I was wrong.

Lots of issues on D… but looks like they grew some during the game.
They're young and with youth you need patience. Something that is nonexistent around here.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
The defence kept getting better and better, and on that final drive, stepped up. I think that will be the way the season goes. Slowly getting better. I still think this unit is quite good by the end of the year.

We seem weak in the secondary, and I think that above all else is just not having the horses.

Shula cannot tackle for them. If they made their tackles they would look 10x better. On that note, I am getting very concerned at Verse's tackling angles and whiffing. Very disruptive player for sure. But he keeps missing big plays. I am not sure how much of that is coachable. By this level, that should not be happening, it should have been coached out in college, if not high-school depending on the quality of the HS program.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Season 6 Starz GIF by Power

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The defence kept getting better and better, and on that final drive, stepped up. I think that will be the way the season goes. Slowly getting better. I still think this unit is quite good by the end of the year.

We seem weak in the secondary, and I think that above all else is just not having the horses.

Shula cannot tackle for them. If they made their tackles they would look 10x better. On that note, I am getting very concerned at Verse's tackling angles and whiffing. Very disruptive player for sure. But he keeps missing big plays. I am not sure how much of that is coachable. By this level, that should not be happening, it should have been coached out in college, if not high-school depending on the quality of the HS program.
Out of control and easily juked

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well down 14-0 after defense couldn’t stop the first two drives…. OP may be on to something.
Second drive was a gift. Flags on third downs that were all very questionable. Rams D stopped them three times on third down on a TD drive. We are 1-2 with 8 players on IR. Two DBs that are sorely missed. Wait until after the bye to draw any big conclusions.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
And remember, we are starting 4 rookies on D. I bet this D looks a lot different the second half of the season

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Some of Verse's misses are straight technique. Like trying to arm tackle the RB high. That's an Ogletree move right there, never ends well as those boys all have good center of gravity and don't go down easy like most QBs. What is more impressive is he's putting heat on QBs at a very respectable rate for a rookie Edge. We should be happy with how he's played through 3 games. I am at least.

Fiske and Turner both played better today, the DL group as a whole got stronger as the game went on and rushed with good discipline compared to last week. Fiske in particular in pass rush was held a ton, I noticed at least a few that could have been hold calls on probably two drives.

Feels like the front in this game came together a bit. But they still have a ways to go. The back end still needs sorting too I think. And the ILBs they need to cycle at the very least, keep them fresh and get some on-field competition going. Reeder made a couple nice plays but overall him and Rozeboom are noticeably subpar. That's on the DC to try to solve that. I think this defense will be a lot better with quicker tacklers out to the edge which Speights and Hummel offer.

Corners need to work on getting their heads around and contesting catches. We just concede way too many catches without anyone being anywhere near, or if they are they have their back to the passer. Safeties weren't too great either. But it's not like we don't have talent back there so we'll see how they develop as we go.

Hard to knock them when they do enough for us to beat the shitters. But I still have hope that this unit can start playing good ball.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Id so take a flyer on kwan Alexander and play speights that's speed that would help and a vetean

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I think the existing players on the roster are fine if you're playing with a lead most of the time.

I just disagree with their choice to stay with a 3-4 front and not getting a true NT that can take on double teams and not get moved around. Also having typical 4-3 style 3-tech's (Fiske & Turner) playing DE's in this front is not condusive to stopping the run on a consistent basis. People complain about the ILB's.... I think they are doing an OK job of filling running lanes considering how often O-linemen are getting to the second level and taking them out. Seems that the only time they had any success today defending the Run versus the 49er's was when they had Brown, Davis and Gallimore as the front 3.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
They need to work on rushing a mobile QB... have to pursue being under control. The kids are just too amped up and taking poor angles and or over committing etc...

I think they will settle down. Hopefully they are 2-3 or 3-2 when Williams comes back. Then they should start getting a little better. Maybe poach another guy from a roster if you can to help the backend.

It was promising that they came up with two stops to end the game.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Imagine when Verse and Fiske get used to the NFL. This is going to be a dominant front.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
We beat the 9ers. Supposedly best team in the league.
D (that we knew would be young) will get better as year goes on.

Yes there are many plays that could be better.
It's shaping up better than I expected.

D will be good by year end and I'm expecting very very good next year. Secondary (imo) needs an up
grade