Miami Trading #3 to.....SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I believe this trade will go down as a bad move regardless of who the 49ers take, but if it’s Jones, it could be regarded as one of the worst trades ever. He’s not a Top 3 talent.

That is you saying your an Expert. I remember when say Joe Montana came out of Norte Dame.He was the 82 pick. Just an example of when I knew the Draft was pretty F”D up.I’ve always saved the next days papers. I believe that he was the last QB picked in DAY 1 on Saturday.

#3 Jack Thompson -WSU
#7Phil Simms - Morehead
#23 Steve Fuller - Clemson
#82 Joe16
#97 Steve Dills

We can look at all kinds of past drafts.It takes Balls to move up to assure a certain player when you believe in your ability to Scout Players.

Gerald Everett was The Rams pick in
#44 (37- 149)Everett
#91 JJ

#146 George Kittle

Looking back I would have taken #37 Dalvon Cook & Kittles #146
Those were the players I liked.
I’m no expert,but I have opinions.Goff I would have never traded for.Case & Nick were nice journeyman QB’s.You put Greg Robinson in front of any QB & your in trouble. I would have traded back to say Buffalo.(Atlanta was who I was thinking).The Rams traded up with Buffalo to draft Tavon Austin. I would never had done that.Buffalo traded up to get Sammy Watkins.
—Miami made a good move,but last year I would have stuck with Fitzpatrick & not draft Tua. J. Hurt is good value,but I’d hate to be Philly.
Then again I don’t know. I think Mcvay & Les Snead do an excellent job.I don’t really question there moves,but except them. I cheer for Ram players.

Hopkins is a solid value pick & who knows ?? Same as The Rams Center.I know I would have NEVER drafted Brian Allen.- Kiser actually would have been my choice.Quessenberry over
John Franklin Myers. Actually OO over the center though. Then I don’t know.
—SJD was an excellent pick.

It’s funny when The Rams are able to draft players you liked. Jamon Brown.The Rams traded back & got Havenstien which I don’t know ? Solid pick,but The Rams are the experts for me & I hope The 8ERS are WRONG!!

Copper Kupp - EJ Gaines were players I had & couldn’t believe they were still on the draft boards.
In 2019 ?? I just know The Rams worked MAGIC. In 2020
The same. I could tell you who I liked instead of say Cam Akers. Actually only Dobbins. Baltimore & Indy both select the players I liked at those value.

Cam Akers is only 21
Van Jefferson is 1st rd value as well
Terrill Lewis could be the defensive
steal of 2020
-Hopkins - his dad was an NFL offensive lineman. He adds weight, & improves his catch radius he could be very special.
Burgees?? Who was The Rams rookie of the year ? Some 5th rd pick from Ohio st. 3 guys from Ohio st. DB field were drafted ahead of him.

Tano

Legend
I’m no expert,but I have opinions.Goff I would have never traded for.Case & Nick were nice journeyman QB’s.
Case got shut out by SF that first game so that was the end for me with him. We really needed a QB and who else could we have taken? Maybe Dak. But I don't like his passing ability.

Of course, we had the worst OC in the history of the NFL. So maybe Case could have been better with a better OC.

And that OC is STILL the tight ends coach in Buffalo. I guess he is decent at that position.

Of course - everytime I say that - it reminds me of this quote.

1617991585549.png

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I believe this trade will go down as a bad move regardless of who the 49ers take, but if it’s Jones, it could be regarded as one of the worst trades ever. He’s not a Top 3 talent.

That is you saying your an Expert. I remember when say Joe Montana came out of Norte Dame.He was the 82 pick. Just an example of when I knew the Draft was pretty F”D up.I’ve always saved the next days papers. I believe that he was the last QB picked in DAY 1 on Saturday.

#3 Jack Thompson -WSU
#7Phil Simms - Morehead
#82 Joe16
#97 Steve Dills

We can look at all kinds of past drafts.It takes Balls to move up to assure a certain player when you believe in your ability to Scout Players.

#44 (37- 149)Everett
#91 JJ

#146 George Kittle

I’m no expert,but I have opinions.Goff I would have never traded for.Case & Nick were nice journeyman QB’s.You put Greg Robinson in front of any QB & your in trouble. I would have traded back to say Buffalo.(Atlanta was who I was thinking).The Rams traded up with Buffalo to draft Tavon Austin. I would never had done that.Buffalo traded up to get Sammy Watkins.
—Miami made a good move,but last year I would have stuck with Fitzpatrick & not draft Tua. J. Hurt is good value,but I’d hate to be Philly.
Then again I don’t know. I think Mcvay & Les Snead do an excellent job.I don’t really question there moves,but except them. I cheer for Ram players.

Hopkins is a solid value pick & who knows ?? Same as The Rams Center.I know I would have NEVER drafted Brian Allen.- Kiser actually would have been my choice.Quessenberry over

don’t about the rest of my post ? It disappeared. Anyways long enough.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Case got shut out by SF that first game so that was the end for me with him. We really needed a QB and who else could we have taken? Maybe Dak. But I don't like his passing ability.

Of course, we had the worst OC in the history of the NFL. So maybe Case could have been better with a better OC.

And that OC is STILL the tight ends coach in Buffalo. I guess he is decent at that position.

Of course - everytime I say that - it reminds me of this quote.

View attachment 44849
Nick Foles won a SuperBowl.
Case Keenum went to the NFC Championship. Dak Prescott is just another example of a QB dropping in the draft.

The Rams have Bryce Perkins & Wolford right now behind Stafford.
-Right now it’s about developing & maintaining.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah...I got that part.

What I don’t get are the two posts where I’m accused of claiming to be an expert.
I don't think dieterbrock was doing that. I think he was actually making a funny comment agreeing with you. SoRam - definitely.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only thing that worries me about Jones is can he handle throwing deep outs over and over when teams crowd the middle. But if the 9ers moved up with him in mind I am sure they nuked that. Doesn't mean they'll be right. I get it though. They need to be able to compete with a much improved Rams offense.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Odds are that only one of these QB's will turn out to be worth a shit, let alone be a guy who plays at an elite level for the next 10 years. Same thing we get fed every year...this guy is a sure fire guy, that guy is a stud, these guys will be good etc. Hype. Truth is, it's extremely difficult to find a HOF QB in any round in any given year.

Let them play roulette. Chances are high they get a JAG. We've got our guy for the next few years.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

#3 Jack Thompson -WSU
#7Phil Simms - Morehead
#82 Joe16
#97 Steve Dills

#44 (37- 149)Everett
#91 JJ

#146 George Kittle

don’t about the rest of my post ? It disappeared. Anyways long enough.
FOCUS my son.
iu

MachS

Hall of Fame
Only thing that worries me about Jones is can he handle throwing deep outs over and over when teams crowd the middle. But if the 9ers moved up with him in mind I am sure they nuked that. Doesn't mean they'll be right. I get it though. They need to be able to compete with a much improved Rams offense.

I think it will be Jones or Lance. I'd say 80%/20% at this point. But the bigger thing to point out is how lucky we got with the whole DeSean Watson situation. Because Ian Rappaport said last week how involved the 49ers were in Watson trade talks, and all the picks would've likely went to Houston. I'd much rather face Jones or some rookie than DeSean Watson who was a much better prospect than anyone in this draft outside Lawrance.

The niners only decided to move up to three after the things with DeSean started getting serious so they probably decided it was time to move on. Dodged a huge bullet there IMO because Watson with Shanny would've been a nightmare for us. He would've been in the MVP conversation every year. Much happier the way things turned out. And who knows their QB might even bust.