Miami Trading #3 to.....SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm kinda torn on this whole sitch because I actually like Jones as a QB. And would have followed his progress in the NFL, however if he goes to San Fran or New England, he's dead to me.
I dont know anything about the NDakota kid but I think Fields will be a bust so Im fine with him going to the 9ers

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
And if there is any team that can fall for that - it's the Jets

On a more serious side, I doubt Robert Saleh would fall for that coming from the 49ers
I hear you but historically their dodo GM’s and ownership have overridden anybody and made dumb ass choices! Lol

We’ll see it’s always interesting to watc!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats a combo of play caller and head coach.

As a head coach alone, his record is much better: 29–35 (.453)

:D
20 of those wins were against the Rams, prolly....

oldnotdead

Legend
Mac Jones is a pretty good QB IF PLAYED IN AN OFFENSE TAILORED TO HIS STYLE. Many evaluators have deemed him a finished product but the NFL is a different animal than the NCAA. He does have his weaknesses. He will often rush his throws under quick pressure, something he got away with in college but you would be concerned in the NFL. He will at times trust his arm too much. Again something he can do in college but won't translate. He seems reluctant to extend plays and many evaluators see him as going down too easily when pressured.

Like all rookies, he will take some time to acclimate to the NFL. That's why SF would start Jimmy G at least this year and redshirt any QB they take. If they take another QB Jimmy could potentially finish his last 2 years of his contract in SF. The bottom line taking Jones probably makes sense. He will have a decent o-line in front of him, a strong run game, and decent receiving corps.

So as a Ram fan if SF takes Jones, the earliest we would see him would be in 2022. He's a pocket passer who is not known as a scrambling threat. Even if he's coached up to move, i.e. rollouts, etc., he's no Murray or Wilson. That said he can be the kind of QB the Niners are looking for. If he reminds me of anyone it might be Brees when he came out of college due to his stature and how some evaluators think his arm strength could be better. Well, the same was said about Brees but he proved that arm strength is something that can be improved with the proper strengthening and training regime. Eventually, he could be a very dangerous opponent.

Three years from now IMO he would be a bigger threat than Murray. Why? Because he reads defenses far better than Murray, and he protects himself. My opinion of running QBs is bearing out as they begin to get hurt and then the offense designed for their skills fails just like AZ did this year. There is no way to back up a running QB like Murray, Mahomes, or Jackson. That's why a pocket passer like Jones might keep SF dangerous for a long time. IMO SF will be the main divisional competition after this year unless Seattle gets their act together.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Can you afford to sit your pick when it cost a mint? Maybe 1 year red shirt, we’ll see.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Reporting from Adam Schefter saying it's going to be Jones at #3.

Swap one immobile QB with a low ceiling for another.

dang

Legend
I would expect Plan A would be to start your R1.3 pick day 1. We can all hope that is the case. We just need to find consistent Edge pressure.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

Source? He hasn't tweeted this.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So... lessee... SF gonna start a rookie QB against our D which is gonna focus MORE on disguises making it even harder on the young man.

Oh, and while they have an OL... we have a HULK...er... Aaron Donald... as well as Spider Man... er... Jalen Ramsey...

Tano

Legend
So... lessee... SF gonna start a rookie QB against our D which is gonna focus MORE on disguises making it even harder on the young man.

Oh, and while they have an OL... we have a HULK...er... Aaron Donald... as well as Spider Man... er... Jalen Ramsey...
1617902450743.png

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hulk getting punked by Thanos pissed me off something terrible.

Also, what happened to him getting bigger and stronger the more pissed he got???

Think they did Hulk dirty in this, but that's just my opinion...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Creating breaking news threads require a link to source.

Thread merged

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Creating breaking news threads require a link to source.

Thread merged

Niner talk is getting a little thick.This trade is a big deal though because of the effect.
Who is the pick ?? Miami trading back up seemed weird.