Miami Trading #3 to.....SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
I really hope the 49ers pick Jones. If he can't hit a deep receiver with no one rushing him, then how is he going to do with Donald coming at him.

I could be wrong and he could be one of those game day players but I am thinking he is going to be an out and out bust.

But seeing the looks on both Shanahan and Belicheat's faces, I don't see either team picking Jones.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
E20E0B4F-3594-43F5-B6D0-2398DCFC3724.jpeg

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I’m not sure I’m buying Mac Jones to 49’ers.

But also... the crowd noise sure seems to be going elsewhere.

I think they go Fields.
100% agree. I feel they are trying to fleece the Jets into to taking Jones and they take Wilson. What do they have to lose? They are stuck at #3.

Tano

Legend
100% agree. I feel they are trying to fleece the Jets into to taking Jones and they take Wilson. What do they have to lose? They are stuck at #3.
And if there is any team that can fall for that - it's the Jets

On a more serious side, I doubt Robert Saleh would fall for that coming from the 49ers

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The 49ers giving up two future 1st rounds picks to move up 9 spots sure seems like desperation to me. I can see it if they traded for the number one pick. But 2 first rounders for the 3rd best QB? Maybe they had their eyes on Watson until the legal troubles came up? This is plan B? I know the Rams have done well with trading future firsts. But aside from Goff, the rest were for proven players. And they moved all the way up to number one the one time is was for a higher pick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess I dont understand what San Fran has to gain by throwing a smokescreen up. They are the ones who traded up, do they think another team wants Jones and will trade up with them to get him? Seems kind of silly to me.
Also just heard that Saleh wanted to keep Darnold and build around him but Douglas didnt feel Sam had it and wanted to go QB. So I'm not thinking there's any vulcan mind bending going on between Shanahan and Saleh to help the 9ers get Wilson

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I’m not sure I’m buying Mac Jones to 49’ers.

But also... the crowd noise sure seems to be going elsewhere.

I think they go Fields.
I made the comment on another site that this Niners regime has done tons of business in total secrecy including this trade up. And yet everybody in the sports media thinks this one time they know exactly what the team will do. We can hope they take Jones but nobody aside the Shanny and Lynch know what they will do.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess I dont understand what San Fran has to gain by throwing a smokescreen up. They are the ones who traded up, do they think another team wants Jones and will trade up with them to get him? Seems kind of silly to me.
Also just heard that Saleh wanted to keep Darnold and build around him but Douglas didnt feel Sam had it and wanted to go QB. So I'm not thinking there's any vulcan mind bending going on between Shanahan and Saleh to help the 9ers get Wilson
Oh, it's no smoke screen.... Let's see what's going on in the Niner Draft room...

fUR0Vxq.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I made the comment on another site that this Niners regime has done tons of business in total secrecy including this trade up. And yet everybody in the sports media thinks this one time they know exactly what the team will do. We can hope they take Jones but nobody aside the Shanny and Lynch know what they will do.
So how is Champ?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I guess I dont understand what San Fran has to gain by throwing a smokescreen up.

I don't either.

Hard to believe their mindset was "we traded up, just not sure who for yet".

Is attending these pro-day due diligence? Or are they really undecided?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't either.

Hard to believe their mindset was "we traded up, just not sure who for yet".

Is attending these pro-day due diligence? Or are they really undecided?
The schadenfreuede is delicious....lol

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
2 overthrows on camera. Even Bradford didn't do that.
If the nayners take Mac, da Rams will laugh all the way to the NFC West title. Probably will anyway no matter what the nayners do.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I stopped browsing turfshittimes because he changed his name there. Miss that guy.
I do too....He was very funny to me in a unintentional way, although I know he rubbed some people the wrong way here... I would love to know of his persepctive on Stafford's trailer vs tractor, status....lol

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
2 overthrows on camera. Even Bradford didn't do that.
If the nayners take Mac, da Rams will laugh all the way to the NFC West title. Probably will anyway no matter what the nayners do.

I don't watch a ton of these... but his pro-day looked shaky to me. 3-4 overthrows in the first 10min. Accuracy is strong for him, so a bit surprising.

View: https://youtu.be/xWdqUNV-xPI

This is interesting. Early in this clip Schefter talks about the Falcon's being open for trade down.

View: https://youtu.be/arazx_ZI78M

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I do too....He was very funny to me in a unintentional way, although I know he rubbed some people the wrong way here... I would love to know of his persepctive on Stafford's trailer vs tractor, status....lol
From what I can recall of his stance on QBs he’d think his talent was a tractor but he’d be a trailer by his results on the field. Tractors lead everybody to success.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If you look at the 3 options for the whiners, which one would you think is the most ready to play, day one? IMO, its likely Jones. Personally, I take Fields and Lance before him, but, if the whiners are trying to win this year, I'd probably remove Lance from the discussion as he's only had 17 starts in his career. Can't see him being ready to lead team to SB this year. That said, Jones has only had 13 starts I believe, but, it was at a higher level against future pros, playing with pros. All told, I'd take Fields hands down. He has all the tools. I'm still here hoping Jones is the whiners choice though.