Miami Trading #3 to.....SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is absolutely zero chance they don't take a QB. Zero. No matter what we hear from now until the draft they're going Trey Lance or Justin Fields.

I fucking hate the niners. Man our division is so stacked.
Read my further comments

MachS

Hall of Fame
you are assuming the qb they choose will be worth a shit.. most end up sucking and the teams lose.

Way more likely outcome.

I like Fields and Lance both tbh. And putting that type of talent with Shanahan likely means they'll produce big time. Jimmy G is garbage, this is an upgrade for them. Not to mention they will likely trade Jimmy G now back to the Patriots or someone and clear a ton of cap space.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I am trying to remember when a deal like this has been made and it worked out on the giveaway side.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. As long as they don't get Lawrence... I don't know much about the Wilson, but QB's are very unpredictable and most do not make it. Hopefully this fucks up SF for a long time.

Wilson is a stud, but he's going #2.

Lance Zierlein saying don't rule out Mac Jones at 3...... YES PLEASE

They didn't trade up that high for Jones.

btfd16

Rookie
I am trying to remember when a deal like this has been made and it worked out on the giveaway side.
Depends what your definition of "worked out" is but Titans made out pretty well with our picks.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
“A Tale of Two JGs”

Rams give up draft picks to acquire a proven veteran QB and get out of a substantial portion of Jared Goff’s contract.

49ers give up significantly more draft capital to acquire an unproven rookie prospect at QB, and are still saddled with Jimmy Garoppolo’s contract (unless they cut him).

I know which deal I prefer.

SinCityRam

UDFA
Unless I’m getting Trevor Lawrence, no way I make this trade.

Here’s hoping the 9ers completely screw this up..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
“A Tale of Two JGs”

Rams give up draft picks to acquire a proven veteran QB and get out of a substantial portion of Jared Goff’s contract.

49ers give up significantly more draft capital to acquire an unproven rookie prospect at QB, and are still saddled with Jimmy Garoppolo’s contract (unless they cut him).

I know which deal I prefer.

Justin Fields is going to be a terror in that offense.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Here's what's actually happening right now and time to get even more upset.

The Jets aren't taking a QB at pick 2. When Corey Davis signed there last week he said Darnold was going to be their QB. Shanahan called Salah and he obviously told him they're going OL or Pitts at 2. The Niners just traded up for Zach Wilson at 3. Calling it now.

Hope it doesn't happen but makes too much sense. You know Saleh and Shanny would be talking.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Depends what your definition of "worked out" is but Titans made out pretty well with our picks.

Yeah I couldn’t figure out how to communicate that clearly. But I meant the other side of that deal. In this case the Whiner side.

btfd16

Rookie

The Jets aren't taking a QB at pick 2. When Corey Davis signed there last week he said Darnold was going to be their QB. Shanahan called Salah and he obviously told him they're going OL or Pitts at 2. The Niners just traded up for Zach Wilson. Calling it now.
You take that back right now Ricky Bobby

MachS

Hall of Fame
You take that back right now Ricky Bobby

Why trade up to 3 for Lance or Fields when you could probably grab one in the 5-7 range? You KNOW Zack Wilson wont be there. And you know bitch ass Saleh and Shanahan are talking. Just makes too much sense. And this would be terrible terrible news.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

The Jets aren't taking a QB at pick 2. When Corey Davis signed there last week he said Darnold was going to be their QB. Shanahan called Salah and he obviously told him they're going OL or Pitts at 2. The Niners just traded up for Zach Wilson at 3. Calling it now.

Hope it doesn't happen but makes too much sense. You know Saleh and Shanny would be talking.
I doubt that. Saleh has his own team to worry about. He doesn't have to do them any favors. Most new coaches want their own hand picked QB. Jets are taking a QB if they stay at #2.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Screenshot_20210326-111042_Chrome.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe, but he's still a rookie and being a good QB is far from guaranteed.

It's not guaranteed, but Shanahan has a system that minimizes Fields's weaknesses and emphasizes his strengths. His simplified reads and large windows will make it easier on a guy like Fields who is a slow processor at this point in his career. And his running schemes will only get more difficult to defend with a 6'2" 220 pound QB who runs a 4.41 40. I have zero doubts about Fields's ability as a thrower. He has a strong arm and is quite accurate. His shortcomings right now are mental more than anything, and Shanahan is capable of scheming around that.