Metal Heads

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't know why exactly, its probably because of my job, but I haven't listened to any newer metal in years. J think its a noise issue. I used to play in metal bands but now, after working shows all of the time, I almost never want to listen to anything loud. Occasionally I hear something I like, but rarely do I dig much in the black or death metal genres.

Pantera is my gold standard for good, musically tasteful, still relatively technical and still capable of bone crushing heaviness without losing the song in the heart of all of it.

Faith No More isn't a "heavy metal" band, but they are one of my all time favorites and I have been listening to Angel Dust and King For a Day a lot lately. And this morning on my way to work I listened to Fear Factory's Obsolete.
I am getting old.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I don't know why exactly, its probably because of my job, but I haven't listened to any newer metal in years. J think its a noise issue. I used to play in metal bands but now, after working shows all of the time, I almost never want to listen to anything loud. Occasionally I hear something I like, but rarely do I dig much in the black or death metal genres.

Pantera is my gold standard for good, musically tasteful, still relatively technical and still capable of bone crushing heaviness without losing the song in the heart of all of it.

Faith No More isn't a "heavy metal" band, but they are one of my all time favorites and I have been listening to Angel Dust and King For a Day a lot lately. And this morning on my way to work I listened to Fear Factory's Obsolete.
I am getting old.
Nothing wrong with Pantera, brother. Huge fan of Pantera as well as all the classic thrash and British heavy metal bands. I also occasionally listen to old school rap and classic spanish guitar.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Nothing wrong with Pantera, brother. Huge fan of Pantera as well as all the classic thrash and British heavy metal bands. I also occasionally listen to old school rap and classic spanish guitar.

I have learned that between 90 and 99% of every genre is garbage. Hard rock and heavy metal having the best percentage and polka having the worst.

I used to despise country music and I still do for about 99% of it. But even there you can find something worth listening too. There's also some great rap and electronic and pop music out there.... but damn if it isn't hard to find it.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've seen Behemoth 3 times back in the early 2000's and everytime they sounded like muddled ass, live. Gave up after that.
phil anselmo and the illegals sounded really bad during the slayer final tour. to top it off, ministry came out and did a quick sound check and it was like a transformation of of treble less music to top of the line digital audio known to mankind. which really sucked because they were doing a tribute to dime and vinnie paul and i had only seen pantera live once back in 92. I'd give this show a chance though, despite your poor experiences, as nergal and the boys (orion, inferno and seth) really put on a good show @ brutal assault 2016.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Absofuckinlutely love this thread! There is so much I can add that comes to mind. I'll contribute by saying that prior to 'The Lockdown", the last few shows I saw in 2020; Machine Head (EPIC!), Unearth on a Tuesday night lol small bar, Overkill w/ Exhorder , again small venue and SOiL < not metal more hard rock but it was very rare to see them on a 4 date West Coast tour with one stop in Mesa, AZ, small venue very few in attendance it was a gift. They had some amazing albums and Ryan can open those vocals. These shows were all special to me because my Uncle Dave who raised me on Metal/concerts unexpectedly passed away the next day after the SOiL concert in February.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Cool thread. I was in a metal band in the early 90s, but never got into the death metal stuff.... Mostly because of the vocals and triple times on drums. I like a nice down beat. Pantera was groove metal... Right up my alley.

Anyway, it is my son welding the axe these days. He's in a Death metal band I guess you would say, and I don't love all of it, but they do write great riffs.

Here's a video his band put out a couple of years ago. My son is on bass wearing a Deftones shirt, because I raised him well. Also of note, the drummer was 14 when this was recorded. He's an absolute prodigy.

View: https://youtu.be/41eRLlDk2h0

fearsomefour

Legend
Cool thread. I was in a metal band in the early 90s, but never got into the death metal stuff.... Mostly because of the vocals and triple times on drums. I like a nice down beat. Pantera was groove metal... Right up my alley.

Anyway, it is my son welding the axe these days. He's in a Death metal band I guess you would say, and I don't love all of it, but they do write great riffs.

Here's a video his band put out a couple of years ago. My son is on bass wearing a Deftones shirt, because I raised him well. Also of note, the drummer was 14 when this was recorded. He's an absolute prodigy.

View: https://youtu.be/41eRLlDk2h0

Played in several bands metal and punk mostly back in the day.
Love my metal.
Never got into the death stuff mostly because of the vocals.
I enjoy, you know, singing.
Most of it is a bit one note, you know?
Cool video.
Back in the day there were club circuits you could play or do regional tours, at least out west.
Don’t know if it’s still that way or not.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo

Attachments

• IMG_20210101_112252782.jpg
    IMG_20210101_112252782.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 77

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Fuckin A man! Hell yes! I found Slave to the Sword in 2014 and have been hooked since
Nice shirt. Slave to the sword is a great album. Need to see them live next time they roll into town.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Enjoy! The photographers said NO, Ozzy and My Uncle Dave said Fuck Off, it happened. Obviously. @RamFan503 at The Gorge. I was just present no pic for me but I jumped over and gave Ozzy a ROD fist bump! Strange rules.

Attachments

• IMG_20200223_191409_407.jpg
    IMG_20200223_191409_407.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Welp I could only find 2 tracks total on YT. However this should suffice. I guess they were a "super (unknown) group" as only one album was released. Just finished it at the gym right now and it felt INCREDIBLE with the flashback to 2007 when I first heard it

View: https://youtu.be/wSTvQDOFVzQ