Medical Marijuana

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I think I'm going to try a low level LED set up and pinning the branches down so they grow more horizontal. Almost bonzai if you will.

A friend has been doing this and kept plants going for three years. Sounds interesting. Anyone else had plants growing continuously for several years?
I've had a skunk #1 mother plant I kept going for close to 8 years. Only reason it didn't go longer is because I moved and had to kill it.

Growing horizontal is a great way to get more yield. I'd rather grow one plant and spread the canopy out under a light vs growing a bunch of plants.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
What type of lighting schedule do you use?

is there a simple way to pin the branches and spread them out? Wife said she’s read about it but it is not for beginners

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
What type of lighting schedule do you use?

is there a simple way to pin the branches and spread them out? Wife said she’s read about it but it is not for beginners
During veg I have lights on for 18 hours a day and flower 12 hours a day. I use a screen with a 2 inch hole space that I attached tightly to a frame and it goes above the plant. As it grows you just push the branches back down under the screen until it's about half full then flip the lights to 12/12.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Here is the screen I'm talking about. Sorry crappy phone camera but you get the idea.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 58

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Here is the screen I'm talking about. Sorry crappy phone camera but you get the idea.
My thought was to cut the lead stem out and then tie the lateral branches down with plant tape as they grow. I was going to put a similar grid wire under the pots so I could tie the tape to them. Thoughts?

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
My thought was to cut the lead stem out and then tie the lateral branches down with plant tape as they grow. I was going to put a similar grid wire under the pots so I could tie the tape to them. Thoughts?
That would work pretty good. I think that is called low stress training or lst. But yah cutting the main stem will get the lower branches going. I mostly use the screen method because I'm to lazy to tend to it all the time. With the screen when ever a branch starts growing above you just feed it under the net and that holds it down. Have to remember though when you switch to 12/12 the plant is going to double in size over the next 3-4 weeks. So you don't want it getting to big during veg or you'll run out of room.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dont know anything about growing anything.

But, I had an employee telling me about how his guy grows it upside down with lights on the floor and he swears it makes it more potent. Idek how that works lol

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I dont know anything about growing anything.

But, I had an employee telling me about how his guy grows it upside down with lights on the floor and he swears it makes it more potent. Idek how that works lol
Must be Australian style.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I attempted to grow once, my friend and I got some already growing flowers from the shop, and went out to get a bigger pot and some other stuff before we got all the other stuff/lights, etc. When we were out at home depot my cat ate all the leaves off both of our plants.

We looked it up and apparently if someone ate enough leaves they could get high, but it would take a lot of leaves for an average adult. I assume much less so for a cat, because that little bastard at least looked stoned as shit, but it's hard to really know. My friend got another plant and when she brought it over my cat tried to eat the leaves again so I figured my growing days were over.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I left my battery at work, so I've been hitting these. 3 cookies and 2 candies during this terrific Sunday. HIGHLY recommend the cookies!

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
20211031_141555.jpg
20211031_141623.jpg
20211031_141635.jpg

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
This is one of the very FEW reasons we will hate leaving California where it's all legal. First thing we'll have to do when we get to Florida is get our medical cards. Hopefully Florida will catch up to Cali.

Vapor

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Vapor
I live in Texas. The laws suck ass, but I've never had a problem finding amazing weed, even as far back as 2001. Living in a college town did help. Lol luckily, now I just drive up to my boy's dispensary in OK once a month and stock up. I dont have a card, but he let's me shop.
I am hoping the one day I to will find a source or OK will legalize it. its only a 4 hour drive.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Man, I pity all of you living in any Reefer Madness state with their idiotic weed laws. There really is no reason why it shouldn’t be legal. Period.

As for me, I still like the bud, and my preference is indica to help me sleep with my arthritic back, and a compression fracture of my T 11 from a motorcycle wreck a few years ago. A good indica calms my mind and body into a nice deep sleep, and waking up with the invigorating freshness of morning dew. My 86 yr-old Ram fan dad has his brownies for the same thing, and for recovery after his races. No need for pharmaceuticals here.

I wish you all had weed laws like ours here in California.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
What kind of races? Please share
Marathons. Dude’s amazing. He never ran after getting out of the Army in the early 60s, then took it up after retiring from his nine to five.

He’s done all 50 states, 4 continents: NA, SA (Easter Island no less), Europe, and Aus/NZ. Next up: Tokyo, Madagascar, then Antarctica in 2023 (I shit you not).

And he’s been a die-hard Rams fan since the early 60s as well. Comes over for every game. :horns:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I like this thread, fixing to retire and all, needing a good hobby! :cool: