McVay’s future as Rams HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
This is the author. His name is Clem. No last name. Just Clem. Seriously.

1673563056790.png

I know it's wrong to judge. I'm judging.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Donald old, aging, will be 32 (at the beginning of next season)....Stafford old, aging, banged up, OL in shambles, will be 34 (at the beginning of next season)......Wagner old, (33)......Floyd (31)....Havs (31).....Higbee (30)....Kupp and Robinson (30). OTC says we are in the red almost $6 million, Spotrac has us at negative 9.5 million in cap space. Maybe not a collapse but losing your QB, and HOF DT in the very near future due to retirement or injury, aging stars that carried the team during his short successful tenure, and cap issues are creating the not so ideal situation for Boy Wonder.
OL is not in 'shambles'. It was overwhelmed by injury. To the extent it requires re-working, more than one team in the league has shown it's possible to retool a line in just one season.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
"Old, aging" ? Ask the OL in the league how old and aging AD is to them! Ask RBs around the league how "old and aging" Bobby Wagner is.

Our top 8, AD (32), Ramsey (29), Kupp (30), Stafford (35), Floyd (31), ARob (29), Wagner (33) and Noteboom (28) carry a cap hit of 166.5 mil in 2023.

KC's top 7....Mahomes (28), C Jones (29), F. Clark (30), Kelce (33), Thuney (31) Valdes-Scantling (29) and Justin Reid (26) carry a cap hit of 162.4. Is Frank Clark at 30 next year, "old and aging" for 28.7 mil cap hit? Thuney for 22. 1 mil?

How about SF's top 8? Williams (35), Armstead (30), Bosa (26) last year of his deal, Warner (27), Kittle (30), C. Ward (27), McCaffrey (27) and Lance (23), who isn't old and aging but might not even be in their plans. 145 mil for those 8. Samuels cap hit goes from 8 to 28 in 2024. And they're going to have to pay Aiyuk and Bosa!

The Rams are not ready to collapse but aren't in an ideal situation? So when does KC hit that wall? 2024? SF? Same? Truth is, the talking heads have made the same case you are making.....SB Champs take one on the chin, going 5-12....getting old....in cap hell....so McVay wants to ride off into the sunset. We went 5-12 because our YOUNG guys were injured. The OL injuries were 27, 27, 27, 25, 25, 24 and 23. As a result Stafford was injured. Kupp 29, was injured because our backup QB floated balls to him (before Mayfield). The rest of the injuries were minor. It's hog wash there's some gigantic rebuild coming after this year but it makes a good angle on the McVay story.
Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One is a reporter.

The other is a bullshitter.
I dislike Foolio as much as anybody but he is absolutely a sports writer/reporter. He's a stewing pot of shit but he's a sports reporter in fact the chunk of shit owns a sports website.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I dislike Foolio as much as anybody but he is absolutely a sports writer/reporter. He's a stewing pot of shit but he's a sports reporter in fact the chunk of shit owns a sports website.
I wouldn’t call him a reporter, I’d call him a bullshitter.

Semi-informed hot takes… writes some columns… that kind of stuff.

Might talk to contacts around the league.. for more “perspectives”…. But he’s not on the ground… talking to people.. building relationships & getting deep into his subject. His coin is breaking rumors and that kind of shit.

That’s not a reporter and there is a difference.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Morris doesn’t excite me much as HC. I just cannot think of too many times where I felt his game-plan was the difference maker, and the reason we won the game. Very few.

The shitty thing is; if McVay steps down he’s 90% the likely choice. McVay’s patience to make a decision gives the impression they see Morris as a fallback.

Another thing to think about… what do the players think? In their minds Morris is HC material, so why wouldn’t the Rams give him the job if there was to be an opening?

Not giving the job to Morris almost requires an explanation. And if they hire someone other than Morris, do the players gripe internally?

I don’t like it. But I see Morris as the next HC, if McVay steps down.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Morris doesn’t excite me much as HC. I just cannot think of too many times where I felt his game-plan was the difference maker, and the reason we won the game. Very few.

The shitty thing is; if McVay steps down he’s 90% the likely choice. McVay’s patience to make a decision gives the impression they see Morris as a fallback.

Another thing to think about… what do the players think? In their minds Morris is HC material, so why wouldn’t the Rams give him the job if there was to be an opening?

Not giving the job to Morris almost requires an explanation. And if they hire someone other than Morris, do the players gripe internally?

I don’t like it. But I see Morris as the next HC, if McVay steps down.

Gulp. It’s Morris. Get ready for it.

View: https://twitter.com/_mlfootball/status/1613355955336671232?s=61&t=mgli2niypYUJ2j8wedoa0g

Status
Not open for further replies.