McVay’s future as Rams HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I think he takes a few weeks off, recharges and realizes he can’t go out like this - and comes back. But if he does step away, it’ll be Morris as the HC unfortunately.

Btw that stupid rule should give us 1 or 2 supplemental picks for hiring our own minority HC.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
I don’t know what’s true and what’s not regarding McVay, but this article is beyond dogshit. It’s all “sources say” mixed in with speculation, but absolutely nothing concrete.

The term “clickbait” comes to mind.

I hope you are right and will wait for jourdain to say something before I truly panic, but a lot of people who talk will ask to be left off the record because they really shouldn’t be talking etc

socalrams90

Starter
Everyone here mocked the early rumors but there was smoke last year and after the way this season went I wouldn’t be surprised to see a completely different coaching staff and roster next year

Ram65

Legend
Seem likely he coaches to the end of the contract thru 2026. It's him and his wife's decision. He might just be hard to leave without coaching. Time will tell. I don't see the Rams franchise blowing up when he leaves.

Ellard80

Legend
I wonder what Scheffler's sources are? Or if he is just going with the fact that McVay hasn't crushed the speculation outright.

Stepping away at age 36 after your first losing season? I'll always be grateful for what he has done here - but that seems pretty weak if this is true.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
1673140180797.png

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Great, now we gotta let this drama play out. If true... Weak sauce.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

McVay has gone back and forth on the decision, and needs time to get away to process all that has transpired over the past year -- winning a Super Bowl, being courted to work in television, getting married, watching his wife's home country of Ukraine invaded, losing his grandfather, and then coaching a team that has fallen short of its expectations."
'all that has transpired' over the past year ... Let's re-cap ...

Won a Super Bowl at 36

Offered $100M to watch football games ... I would do it for half that amount

Married the love of his life ... an incredibly beautiful woman

The tragic events in Ukraine impact his wife ... and, by extension him

Not mentioned, but gets a massive (and well-deserved) extension

Grandfather passes-away shortly before he would turn 92 ... both my grandfathers died before I was born

His team suffers a tremendous number of injuries, and has a very disappointing year

I get being exhausted, and needing some time to relax. I accept that anything is possible, especially given the terrific options he has. The National Media Coverage is annoying to me as a Rams' fan. From Aaron Donald retiring (that will come back); to Stafford's health issues (Remember the elbow discussions? I sure do.) and his pending retirement (that will also probably come back); to McVay's uncertain future (which IS back).

It's exhausting, it's annoying, it's NO Fun ... and ... there ain't much we can do about it.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Well, this could explain why Liam Coen announced he was undecided about the KU job after it seemed like he decided to take the KU job.

McVay stays, Coen leaves, McVay leaves, Coen stays, possibly with a much bigger role?

Speculate away!!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
*Coach Rah. There fixed it. Everyone should be happy now.

SinCityRam

UDFA
I’m so sick and tired of all these reports. I don’t know what to believe anymore. It seems McVay says something, and the media reports something different.
If he does leave, I fear he may pull a Sean Peyton. He’ll “retire” for a year or two, do some tv, become the hottest free agent HC, and find a nice new advantageous HC position. All while we’re here sinking with the ship.…

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Nothing McVay has said equates to leaving, in fact it says just the opposite.

Not buying it.

Flint

Pro Bowler
There was basically no offseason and this season has been one disaster after another but I have a hard time believing he’s going to drop a bomb on the entire organization from top to bottom. Stan took a chance on him making him the youngest HC in the league and what about the guys he’s built this with, AD, Kupp and Jalen? Who knows how much longer they can keep them together and he’s going to just leave?
I’d be really surprised and a little disappointed regardless of what Schrager says.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
K, now I got a weird feeling about it. I think he's gone.... Oh well. Tis the life of a Rams fan...we can never have nice things... For long

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, this could explain why Liam Coen announced he was undecided about the KU job after it seemed like he decided to take the KU job.

McVay stays, Coen leaves, McVay leaves, Coen stays, possibly with a much bigger role?

Speculate away!!
I was thinking the same thing. It’s why Coen is in limbo. Morris to HC, Coen stays on as OC calling plays & Henderson takes over as DC.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was thinking the same thing. It’s why Coen is in limbo. Morris to HC, Coen stays on as OC calling plays & Henderson takes over as DC.
I would rather we give away more pics for Payton... I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.