Matt Stafford Traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But since they like Jared so much at #7 they can use that pick for a WR weapon or a playmaker at Edge if ones available. They took a good CB last year very early so time for another spot I'd imagine.

True. Could trade down a few spots and take Micah Parsons. Could stand pat and take Devonta Smith if he falls. Imagine Goff with Kenny Golladay, Devonta Smith, T.J. Hockenson, and D'Andre Swift. :biggrin:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
True. Could trade down a few spots and take Micah Parsons. Could stand pat and take Devonta Smith if he falls. Imagine Goff with Kenny Golladay, Devonta Smith, T.J. Hockenson, and D'Andre Swift. :biggrin:
And a center that can keep people out of his face, a damned good LT and an emerging young RT as well. Don't know much about their guards but Jackson was decently thought of moving from T to Guard during the draft process last year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And a center that can keep people out of his face, a damned good LT and an emerging young RT as well. Don't know much about their guards but Jackson was decently thought of moving from T to Guard during the draft process last year.

Lions fans said he was solid as a rookie.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

Detroit has several free agent wide receivers, but how is their offensive line? Obviously the center is outstanding, and it appears they drafted a couple of guards last year. Are they set moving forward?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Detroit has several free agent wide receivers, but how is their offensive line? Obviously the center is outstanding, and it appears they drafted a couple of guards last year. Are they set moving forward?

From what Lions fans told me, they could use a RT or a RG to go from a solid OL to a really good one.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
From what Lions fans told me, they could use a RT or a RG to go from a solid OL to a really good one.

They can certainly do that in the draft. They have two third round picks.

If they can resign or otherwise maintain their receiving corps this could be a good situation for Goff.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Lets give them Hav for our 3rd that we sent them and their 6th rounder.

That's fair value.

Then tag & trade JJ to the Chargers for a 3 & 5.

Would give us four 3rds, and picks in every round except the 1st.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets give them Hav for our 3rd that we sent them and their 6th rounder.

That's fair value.

Then tag & trade JJ to the Chargers for a 3 & 5.

Would give us four 3rds, and picks in every round except the 1st.

If I'm Detroit, I might offer a 4th for Hav. That would be the most I'd offer.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If I'm Detroit, I might offer a 4th for Hav. That would be the most I'd offer.
Lets make it a 4th and 6th. A quality RT is worth that...maybe send them our 7th back.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets make it a 4th and 6th. A quality RT is worth that...maybe send them our 7th back.

Nah. A 4th would be my best offer if I were them. I wouldn't be surprised if we dealt Hav for a 5th. It's likely to be a buyer's market with team's trying to shed cap.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Nah. A 4th would be my best offer if I were them. I wouldn't be surprised if we dealt Hav for a 5th. It's likely to be a buyer's market with team's trying to shed cap.
True, a lot of guys will be hitting the market.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think they're as bad as some think. If they make wise decisions this off-season, they can be competitive next year. It's less about Goff making them 5 games better and more about a new coaching staff making them better. They were the #32 ranked defense in 2020. If Aaron Glenn is the rising star the league thinks he is and the Lions make some smart additions, they could find themselves having a decent defense in 2021 (especially with Aubrey Pleasant developing the talent they have in the secondary).

In that scenario, Goff doesn't need to be Tom Brady. Anthony Lynn is one of the best in the NFL at scheming up running games imo. The Lions have a solid OL on paper. And D'Andre Swift showed well as a rookie (averaging 4.6 yards per carry and looking like a legitimate passing game weapon). If Goff can get back to playing efficient, smart football, that team is capable of being a thorn in the side of the NFCN. How many people thought McVay could win 11 games with the team Fisher left him? I'm not saying Matt Campbell is McVay, but I am saying that the Lions aren't the 2009 Rams. They have talent.

Too bad Patricia traded their two best dbs. Slay and Signs would be a big help on that defense.

And, I thought we were referring to Campbell as Kneecap now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too bad Patricia traded their two best dbs. Slay and Signs would be a big help on that defense.

And, I thought we were referring to Campbell as Kneecap now.

I think Slay would have been gone either ways. But yeah, trading Diggs was dumb, very dumb. But I think Okudah is going to be a star for them. And I'll be interested to see what Pleasant and Glenn can do with the other young guys in that secondary. As you know being a PSU guy, Amani Oruwariye has always had great physical talent. And they have a couple young, gifted safeties in Tracy Walker and Will Harris (both fairly recent third round picks). There are some building blocks. It'll be interested to see if that new coaching staff can get more out of some of the young guys they have.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to think either Jamar Chase or Devonta Smith would be there at 7, no?
If Detroit believes in Goff, with the draft capital they have and the offensive talent already there, they could really put something together in 2021

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Goff apologists after seeing us win a championship with Stafford...

source.gif

Now this is a cringe-worthy post, @FrantikRam ;)

Tano

Legend
Now this is a cringe-worthy post, @FrantikRam ;)
Oh I will be ecstatic if we win a super bowl with Stafford but I think we could have just as easily won a super bowl this year with Goff if Donald doesn't get hurt. Goff played extremely well against Green Bay except for the 2nd and long and 3rd and long plays in that game when either Blythe or Evans would OLE their assignments.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh I will be ecstatic if we win a super bowl with Stafford but I think we could have just as easily won a super bowl this year with Goff if Donald doesn't get hurt. Goff played extremely well against Green Bay except for the 2nd and long and 3rd and long plays in that game when either Blythe or Evans would OLE their assignments.
Yeah, not sure why there is some idea that you cant root for Stafford and the Rams, while simultaneously being a supporter of Goff past/present
Pretty weird really

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I’ll say this.

Now that Holmes/Agnew are running things in Lions FO we will see a dramatic uptick in talent eval personnel decisions.

Coaching hires look promising as well. Just sayin’...

Status
Not open for further replies.