Marvel Phase 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Marvel's new ECHO bringing changes to Disney / Marvel 's MCU

I counted four new changes

First time Disney is dropping all episodes at once , there will be 5 episodes

ECHO will debut on Disney Plus and HULU at the same time

here's a big change , ECHO will be Marvel's first TV-MA TV show , it looks like it's right out of the Netflix Daredevil shows

and something else that is new

Marvel is starting something new called "Marvel Spotlight" , which will be Marvel projects , that , even though are still part of the whole MCU universe , these will be more stand alone stories , ones that you can watch without having to watch all the movies and other shows to understand whats going on

P.S

if you want to watch ECHO on Disney Plus , and if you haven't already , you'll have to reset your Disney Plus account to where you can watch TV-MA programs

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFUKnherhuw

maxresdefault.jpg

Psycho_X

Legend
Echo is the first trailer I’ve seen in a while that made me actually want to watch the series and I had zero expectations about the show. Been pretty bored with MCU lately all though I’ve enjoyed Loki. Hopefully Echo is good and will be a glimpse into how Daredevil will be.

Tano

Legend
What did you think of Season 2 ?
It could have been a lot better. Plus there were a lot of the below spoiler and got boring at times.

It kept repeating the same scenes over and over again and got really old after awhile

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Fantastic character work and arch for 2012 Loki. I always have to remind myself that the Loki in this show is the pure evil 2012 Avengers Loki and not the Ragnarok/Infinity War version.

BTW I noticed nothing on The Marvels here. It's already being review bombed for obvious reasons and while it's most def a mid level Marvel movie it's not bad. It's just fun and Iman Vellani is amazing and the Khan family are hilarious. I could totally relate as that's how many brown families react. And Brie's eye reactions had me rollin. It's a very fun movie and super fast paced. Don't expect a slow burn or something super thought provoking though.

Also the Loki ending and The Marvels' post credits are...

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I really enjoyed it , but then I really liked season 1 as well

I sat there mesmerized during the season finial the whole time , but I'll wait to give it any kind of score , as, I have no idea what happened.........................LOL

the best part about the show was Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilsons chemistry together , so great , and throw in Short Round for season 2 , lots of fun , you don't have to be a comic book fan to enjoy this show

although , the ending is very confusing , but not just for Loki , throw in the post credit scene from the Marvels and Deadpool , I've read that the new Fantastic Four movie will take place in the 1960's , in yet another alternate timeline where super heroes don't really exist yet

alot of reports coming out now , that Marvel is backing away from the Jonathan Majors / Kang story line , as the Writers for Avengers : Kang Dynasty have been removed , so don't be surprised if that movie gets renamed

sounds like Doctor Doom could replace Kang as the new big bad going forward

Marvel / Disney is mess right now

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
and we might be waiting a while to find out what is going on as well

as only one MCU movie will be coming out in 2024 , at thats Deadpool , which has been moved to Summer time for the time being

maybe two TV shows in 2024

we get ECHO in January , which will be under the new Marvel Spotlight banner , meaning , it's part of the MCU , but it will have it's own stand alone story

and then there will be the Agatha: Darkhold Diaries TV show , slated for late 2024 , as for now thats the WandaVision spinoff

SONY has three movies coming out in 2024.......................for now

Madame Web in Feburary
Kraven in August
Venom 3 in November

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJwJPJvZ7uU

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Sounds like Pedro Pascal has been cast as Reed Richards

rumors have been running rampant for better part of a year now on who's playing Reed Richards

but now , Deadline is reporting Pedro Pascal has been offered , and most likely will accept the part of Reed Richards

this is the first time where a actual reputable publications has reported on the casting

multiple publications are now reporting it , although , still not official , but sounding more and more likely

names for the other members are Vanessa Kirby as Sue Storm , Joseph Quinn and Johnny Storm , and Ebon Moss-Bachrach as Ben Grimm , I'm taking a wait and see attitude on those characters

and Antonio Banderas as Galactus

Not sure what I think about Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards , I like Pedro Pascal , but as Reed Richards , I'm not so sure

but it does fit what I've been hearing about the film , The Fantastic Four will take place in the 1960's and Sue Storm and Reed Richards are already married and have children

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I loved season 2 of Loki. It was a great ending.

I do have trouble getting behind some of the new storylines and heroes. I was a kid in the 70’s and 80’s. I stopped reading comic books by 1983. I think that is a part of the trouble that the MCU is having. The burned through most of the stalwarts. The older generation isn’t familiar with characters like Miss Marvel, or the Thunderbirds storyline. So the audience is a bit tepid.

Plus, some of the previous movies, like like Ironman 2&3, or some of the Thor movies were flops. It happens. The best formula is fewer stand alone films and more collaborations. But the stand alone character films are necessary to familiarize fans with the heroes.

Personally, I think the original MCU characters were and always will be the best. Maybe they should have stopped there.

The only other MCU show that I really liked aside from Loki, was Moon Knight. I didn’t finish Miss Marvel or She-Hulk. WandaVision was only okay imo.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Personally, I think the original MCU characters were and always will be the best. Maybe they should have stopped there.
Absolutely correct.

There are just too many spin-offs, sequels and prequels these days. The core product has been diluted beyond recognition.

Psycho_X

Legend
Sounds like Pedro Pascal has been cast as Reed Richards

rumors have been running rampant for better part of a year now on who's playing Reed Richards

but now , Deadline is reporting Pedro Pascal has been offered , and most likely will accept the part of Reed Richards

this is the first time where a actual reputable publications has reported on the casting

multiple publications are now reporting it , although , still not official , but sounding more and more likely

names for the other members are Vanessa Kirby as Sue Storm , Joseph Quinn and Johnny Storm , and Ebon Moss-Bachrach as Ben Grimm , I'm taking a wait and see attitude on those characters

and Antonio Banderas as Galactus

Not sure what I think about Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards , I like Pedro Pascal , but as Reed Richards , I'm not so sure

but it does fit what I've been hearing about the film , The Fantastic Four will take place in the 1960's and Sue Storm and Reed Richards are already married and have children
Meh, I absolutely love Pascal as an actor but just not seeing him as Richards. Still would rather have Krasinsky stay in the role and seems like most people loved him as Richards. Not sure why Marvel/Disney makes things harder than they need to be sometimes. Like they're trying to think outside the box and change things up a little when they don't need to be. The other rumored casting for the other 3 I'm ok with... I don't see those three being as important to nail as Richards.

I hope Banderas as Galactus is a joke. Only name I've seen attached to Galactus is Javier Bardum which would be a lot better than Banderas.

For Dr. Doom, I've seen a lot of names rumored but the two I like the best are Cilian Murphy and Jon Hamm. Again, much like how I wish they'd gone with Thrawn in Ahsoka I would like to see Hamm be Dr. Doom. Really want to see him as a super villain. I like Murphy but I've seen him be a super villain already so ready for a new person to step into the super hero universe. And Hamm can carry scenes himself.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Meh, I absolutely love Pascal as an actor but just not seeing him as Richards. Still would rather have Krasinsky stay in the role and seems like most people loved him as Richards. Not sure why Marvel/Disney makes things harder than they need to be sometimes. Like they're trying to think outside the box and change things up a little when they don't need to be. The other rumored casting for the other 3 I'm ok with... I don't see those three being as important to nail as Richards.

I hope Banderas as Galactus is a joke. Only name I've seen attached to Galactus is Javier Bardum which would be a lot better than Banderas.

For Dr. Doom, I've seen a lot of names rumored but the two I like the best are Cilian Murphy and Jon Hamm. Again, much like how I wish they'd gone with Thrawn in Ahsoka I would like to see Hamm be Dr. Doom. Really want to see him as a super villain. I like Murphy but I've seen him be a super villain already so ready for a new person to step into the super hero universe. And Hamm can carry scenes himself.

Agree. I thought John Krasinski was good -- Pascal ?? Don't see it. Hope to be surprised.

As long as the movie doesn't bomb like the last superhero flick he was in .. Wonder Woman 1984 (possibly the worst movie I have ever seen.... how did that script make it through development?)

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Alot of reports coming out today that Javier Bardum is Marvels choice to play Galactus and has been offered the role but with the actors strike , things have kinda been pushed back , and Javier Bardum has some prior commitments with Apple TV , so it soinds like it'll depend om if he can find the time

no idea how big of a part Galactus will have in the film , if it's just a small part , maybe he can fit it in

as far as Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards , I'm OKish with it

I was imagining alot worse choices

although he is like 48 years old , obviously , this will be a much older Fantastic Four then we've ever seen before

but it goes with everything I've read , that this was not going to be another origin story , and it takes place in the 1960's , in a alternate timeline

so this won't actually be our timelines (616) Reed Richards

we'' , for now anyways

and far as John Krasinski playing Reed Richards , nah , not my choice , John Krasinski is just to nice of a guy , Reed Richards is an Asshole , and watching John Krasinski in that Doctor Strange movie for that minute or two , I was like , nope , not even close , John Krasinski seems more suited play Reed Richards psychologist , alot more the Reed Richards himself

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Alot of reports coming out today that Javier Bardum is Marvels choice to play Galactus and has been offered the role but with the actors strike , things have kinda been pushed back , and Javier Bardum has some prior commitments with Apple TV , so it soinds like it'll depend om if he can find the time

no idea how big of a part Galactus will have in the film , if it's just a small part , maybe he can fit it in

as far as Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards , I'm OKish with it

I was imagining alot worse choices

although he is like 48 years old , obviously , this will be a much older Fantastic Four then we've ever seen before

but it goes with everything I've read , that this was not going to be another origin story , and it takes place in the 1960's , in a alternate timeline

so this won't actually be our timelines (616) Reed Richards

we'' , for now anyways

and far as John Krasinski playing Reed Richards , nah , not my choice , John Krasinski is just to nice of a guy , Reed Richards is an AssWhole , and watching John Krasinski in that Doctor Strange movie for that minute or two , I was like , nope , not even close , John Krasinski seems more suited play Reed Richards psychologist , alot more the Reed Richards himself
Agreed on Krasinski. I don’t like him as Reed Richards, at all.

I can’t picture Pedro Pascsl as Reed Richards either. It’s a terrible choice imo

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
BTW I noticed nothing on The Marvels here. It's already being review bombed for obvious reasons and while it's most def a mid level Marvel movie it's not bad. It's just fun and Iman Vellani is amazing and the Khan family are hilarious. I could totally relate as that's how many brown families react. And Brie's eye reactions had me rollin. It's a very fun movie and super fast paced. Don't expect a slow burn or something super thought provoking though.

Also the Loki ending and The Marvels' post credits are...

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

Saw the Marvels with my daughter and wife yesterday and found it very enjoyable. 8/10.

Psycho_X

Legend
Welp, Jonathan Majors officially fired today after he was found guilty. Really sucks because I liked him as Kang and he's a good actor. Too bad he's an asshole in real life. So guess it's on to Dr. Doom. I still vote for Jon Hamm. Whatever happens Marvel really needs to tighten shit up and hit it out of the park with the next series of stories and villain because they were already becoming a bit stagnant and suddenly having to pivot from Kang is going to delay plans even more.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Not sure what they'll do with Kang

even though they removed his name from Avengers 5

and Marvel can do whatever they want , but I'm not sure how they could simple remove Kang now ,

they almost have to recast him at this point , don't you think ? , maybe just downplay the character

I'm about done with MCU / Disney now anyways

word is , that the new X-Men reboot will be female focused with Mr Sinister as the big baddy ,

other rumors

the Fantastic Four will be Sue Storm focus , in a alternate universe , where Sue and Reed are already married and have children ( Franklin and Valeria ) , which explains why they cast a 48 year old Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards and the Silver Surfer will also be female :zany1:

I don't have much faith in the upcoming Deadpool movie either

The ECHO TV show looks good though , so I am looking forward to that

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kddZsqjuWuo

1b55145d01541574854200470179a4d54ea6ba37_00.jpg