• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Demoff has already stated that it would be a mistake for any HC prospect to come in and say the Talent on this team doesn't need improving!
This Roster will look a lot different in 2017, and I will be among the 1st to point out who's gone!

Start pointing @DaveFan'51 :fighting:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Understood. That's more my guess than anything else. You gotta keep in mind that most coaches are aware that they may never get a second chance. If you think Goff is a bum, tying your HC career to him seems like career suicide to me. It just seems like something a HC candidate would not want to do.

But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if some candidates are on the fence about him. They might believe that he has the goods (and they can bring it out of him) while still being apprehensive about what he's put on tape thus far. That's definitely believable.

I have to agree @jrry32 - you wouldn't go and coach where you know that your success rate could be compromised with some of the key cogs in the machine already in place.

Unless you get someone like Scott Linehan turn up with a Tony Romo in his back pocket!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well Fisher liked the Rams because of Sam Bradford and we all know how that worked out...

jap

Legend
Well Fisher liked the Rams because of Sam Bradford and we all know how that worked out...

We also know Fish is still living in the Dark Ages with respect to NFL-caliber offenses. He knows defense and special teams, though.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

We also know Fish is still living in the Dark Ages with respect to NFL-caliber offenses. He knows defense and special teams, though.

That's the key difference. Fisher might have liked Bradford and marveled at his potential, but (and I think this was true with Goff as well) I think his vision for him was to be the most highly capable game manager in the NFL. Fisher would rather have guys check down and play it safe and would rather have a QB who doesn't lose the game rather than one that would actually go out and win it.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Understood. That's more my guess than anything else. You gotta keep in mind that most coaches are aware that they may never get a second chance. If you think Goff is a bum, tying your HC career to him seems like career suicide to me. It just seems like something a HC candidate would not want to do.

But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if some candidates are on the fence about him. They might believe that he has the goods (and they can bring it out of him) while still being apprehensive about what he's put on tape thus far. That's definitely believable.
Agree, I'm inclined to think that they like him though. His footwork and picket presence was beautiful. Imagine him with a scheme that works in the modern era and some well developed offebsive pieces.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yea but that was really out of their hands. Nobody could have predicted Sam's knee injuries. If Sam doesn't have those knee injuries, I think Fisher's tenure goes very differently. Sam really was the perfect guy for Fisher's preferred method of offense.(a safe game manager)

And I think Schottenheimer is still around if Sam never gets hurt. Frankly, Schottenheimer should have never been pushed out the door for the two guys who replaced him.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Yea but that was really out of their hands. Nobody could have predicted Sam's knee injuries. If Sam doesn't have those knee injuries, I think Fisher's tenure goes very differently. Sam really was the perfect guy for Fisher's preferred method of offense.(a safe game manager)

And I think Schottenheimer is still around if Sam never gets hurt. Frankly, Schottenheimer should have never been pushed out the door for the two guys who replaced him.

Could not be more true than that right there. It got successively worse. . .

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

Totally agree - if Sam stayed healthy we would be a different Rams right now. Schotty would have stayed and our O would be feared right now and not ridiculed.

I hate 'What if's!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Totally agree - if Sam stayed healthy we would be a different Rams right now. Schotty would have stayed and our O would be feared right now and not ridiculed.

I hate 'What if's!!!

No. Schotty would have stayed and our O would have been very much average. But Fisher was plenty fine with that.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I respectfully disagree about things would have been different if Sams knees not failed him. Sam Bradford melts in important games. He gets scared. His eyes as big as saucers. I have to disagree wholeheartedly. He would have changed nothing. He's a great preseason player, but when it's GO time, it's NO time for Sam.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Lol'ing so hard if you think Bradford would've turned out any differently. Injuries or not, that staff was never gonna let him reach his neighborhood of potential. As previous posters have stated, Fisher would've demanded more and more check downs in an unimaginative, conservative offense. How do you spell Jeff Fisher? Q-B-K-I-L-L-E-R

Thankfully, Goff will be in great hands with a coach he can relate and growth with. Coach McVay will be the choice TAKE IT TO THE BANK!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As for the Title of this thread, if they want a job with the Rams, they better by God be high on Jared Goff! (whether he's legit or not).:sneaky:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol'ing so hard if you think Bradford would've turned out any differently. Injuries or not, that staff was never gonna let him reach his neighborhood of potential. As previous posters have stated, Fisher would've demanded more and more check downs in an unimaginative, conservative offense. How do you spell Jeff Fisher? Q-B-K-I-L-L-E-R

Thankfully, Goff will be in great hands with a coach he can relate and growth with. Coach McVay will be the choice TAKE IT TO THE BANK!

That's exactly what Bradford did this year under Shurmur. That's what Bradford was always comfortable doing.