• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I expect them not to take the interview or be interested in the job.
You always do your due diligence. Just my opinion. But like I said before, I do believe they probably do like goff.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think anyone who has seen the Rams offense knows you gotta throw out those 7 games and focus on him like he's a rookie who never played a game. Who could do anything with that train wreck?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
There's no way Jared Goff can't be a competent to good NFL quarterback, and any head coach worth his salt should have some ideas about how to make that happen.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Demoff has already stated that it would be a mistake for any HC prospect to come in and say the Talent on this team doesn't need improving!
This Roster will look a lot different in 2017, and I will be among the 1st to point out who's gone!

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I would hope so, for their sake. If they are not honest about the team and the players on the roster, they are going to look like epic suck-ups and Demoff, Snead, and whoever else is in the room will see right through that.
Don't you think Jay Gruden told the Washington FO, hey, I can fix Robert? Pretty sure Marone told the Jags, I can fix Blake...
Silver is an insider to the Rams...but one hire could change all that.

It's not easy to "fix" guys that play pretty bad. At the most important position on the field. Todd Gurley isn't some easy fix. Neither is any of the underperforming linemen. But I have more faith in them, since it's a group, not one player.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Don't you think Jay Gruden told the Washington FO, hey, I can fix Robert? Pretty sure Marone told the Jags, I can fix Blake...
Silver is an insider to the Rams...but one hire could change all that.

It's not easy to "fix" guys that play pretty bad. At the most important position on the field. Todd Gurley isn't some easy fix. Neither is any of the underperforming linemen. But I have more faith in them, since it's a group, not one player.

Saying that somebody needs to be "fixed" necessarily requires an acknowledgement that they are not performing at the desired level, i.e. it requires an honest assessment of how well a player is performing.

That being said, I don't know what transpired. It's possible he told them that it would be difficult to fix Griffin but between him and Cousins he could get one of them to play well.

Either way, it doesn't negate my point. If an interviewee goes in and tries to blow rainbow colored smoke up the posterior orifice of Demoff and/or Snead regarding the state of the roster, they will see right through that.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Jay Gruden told the Washington FO, hey, I can fix Robert? Pretty sure Marone told the Jags, I can fix Blake...
Not If they didn't believe it.There would be no advantage for a coach to say that.
With Gurley the main problem is confidence at this point.Yes he has ran without
patience and vision this year,but that has a lot to to do with confidence.

Last edited:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I meaaaan, were we expecting coaching candidates to say "I hate that qb that you spent 5 draft picks to get. So am I hired or what?". Not saying it's not true but no perspective coach was going to insult the rams biggest investment

It doesn't have to be so extreme. It doesn't have to be 100% or 0%. They could say, "I really don't think he's the next great QB. I'm not sure if he'll turn out as good as Stafford. But I can work with him. I can put him in a scheme for his strengths (followed by an explanation). I can surround him with good coaches (followed by a plan and names). Between that and my plans for defense and special teams, we can turn this into a winning franchise." I'd prefer that to somebody coming in and saying he's going to be the next Peyton Manning so we can install a passable but uninspiring offense and he'll lift all the players to greatness.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It doesn't have to be so extreme. It doesn't have to be 100% or 0%. They could say, "I really don't think he's the next great QB. I'm not sure if he'll turn out as good as Stafford. But I can work with him. I can put him in a scheme for his strengths (followed by an explanation). I can surround him with good coaches (followed by a plan and names). Between that and my plans for defense and special teams, we can turn this into a winning franchise." I'd prefer that to somebody coming in and saying he's going to be the next Peyton Manning so we can install a passable but uninspiring offense and he'll lift all the players to greatness.
I think your description is accurate. But that doesn't sound like "VERY HIGH". it sounds like "yeah I can work with this kid". Just felt like an overblown media report is all

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Can't blame them, I'm very high on Goff too.

ogkushFULL3.jpg

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I think your description is accurate. But that doesn't sound like "VERY HIGH". it sounds like "yeah I can work with this kid". Just felt like an overblown media report is all

That was my point. The question was what do we expect the candidates to say, except to say that they are very high. That's one example of what they could say. The whole point was that they can say they aren't high on Goff and not say they hate him or sound negative. The fact that they are saying they are high on Goff means they had the option of saying they could work with him, but chose to say he's an exciting part of the future.

I'm not calling anybody out, but as an example @flv asked if any candidate would say the players we've committed suck. They don't have to say they suck if they don't like them. Just come up with a plan to work around them. Show some creativity and how a successful team can be run. No plan no job.

If they come in saying they're cutting half the team, they probably won't get the job. If they come in blowing smoke saying Snead's the greatest GM since (insert GM name here) and ROK Watkins was the greatest linemen ever and Fisher is so dumb for cutting him, also not getting a job (hopefully).

Accurately portraying feelings of the team, showing the courage to stand by an opinion, and a plan around a weakness should be what gets someone the job. Not loving our current players.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was my point. The question was what do we expect the candidates to say, except to say that they are very high. That's one example of what they could say. The whole point was that they can say they aren't high on Goff and not say they hate him or sound negative. The fact that they are saying they are high on Goff means they had the option of saying they could work with him, but chose to say he's an exciting part of the future.

I'm not calling anybody out, but as an example @flv asked if any candidate would say the players we've committed suck. They don't have to say they suck if they don't like them. Just come up with a plan to work around them. Show some creativity and how a successful team can be run. No plan no job.

If they come in saying they're cutting half the team, they probably won't get the job. If they come in blowing smoke saying Snead's the greatest GM since (insert GM name here) and ROK Watkins was the greatest linemen ever and Fisher is so dumb for cutting him, also not getting a job (hopefully).

Accurately portraying feelings of the team, showing the courage to stand by an opinion, and a plan around a weakness should be what gets someone the job. Not loving our current players.
I can see your point now

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You always do your due diligence. Just my opinion. But like I said before, I do believe they probably do like goff.

Understood. That's more my guess than anything else. You gotta keep in mind that most coaches are aware that they may never get a second chance. If you think Goff is a bum, tying your HC career to him seems like career suicide to me. It just seems like something a HC candidate would not want to do.

But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if some candidates are on the fence about him. They might believe that he has the goods (and they can bring it out of him) while still being apprehensive about what he's put on tape thus far. That's definitely believable.