• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

A55VA6

Legend
I'd be a little surprised if they weren't high on him. Goff's main issues are all things that he can learn and improve on. The God given talent is there.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I mean, not come right out and say it. But why would they bother saying anything if they didn't like him?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I would hope so, for their sake. If they are not honest about the team and the players on the roster, they are going to look like epic suck-ups and Demoff, Snead, and whoever else is in the room will see right through that.

Zero

Pro Bowler
No,but Silver said they were Very High on him.
They could have got away with saying less,but they didn't.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I would hope so, for their sake. If they are not honest about the team and the players on the roster, they are going to look like epic suck-ups and Demoff, Snead, and whoever else is in the room will see right through that.
You are right.It would not benefit them in any way
to be dishonest in their assessments.

Scirca

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for this, I was wondering what others felt about Goff, Good to know they feel good about him...So let's hire someone who can harness that talent and an OL Coach who can protect it!

Give him a good teacher and give him some tools to work with.
He will not disappoint.

Sean Mcvay or Kyle Shanahan will do a good job and don't be suprised if Goff just starts torching teams. He looked sooo good that Seahawks game but left a sour taste in so many peoples eyes because of that missed TD opportunity.

The kid will be a pro bowler with the right coach and system.

You meant to say All pro ;)

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Any of the head coaching candidates that received an interview request likely would've viewed Goff's 7 game sample size of the Rams this season. I would think they have also watched his college film to some degree to get a strong evaluation of his skill set.

The HC candidates wouldn't observe his body of work with the Rams like many of the disgruntled fans that expected him to light up the league, or even just expected him look more serviceable as a rookie etc.

The HC candidates clearly would be doing their homework on Goff and some of them might still might be reviewing his film to prepare for up coming interviews.

Goff is a major selling point (good or bad) for a highly coveted HC candidate to make their own judgement and estimation for considering the job.

If he's got the potential they believe they could tap into, it would make accepting the job much more desirable for a candidate on the fence between choosing the Rams or another team.

giphy.gif

Zero

Pro Bowler
Sean Mcvay or Kyle Shanahan will do a good job and don't be suprised if Goff just starts torching teams. He looked sooo good that Seahawks game but left a sour taste in so many peoples eyes because of that missed TD opportunity.
You read my mind.lol

jap

Legend
Of course! they all like him. I am no QB guru, but I can see QB talent when it is as obvious as what Jared sports. He simply needs what all employees have a right to expect from their employers---to be placed in a position to succeed.

TexasRam

Legend
We all know that Silver is a Cal homer right?

He's been a Jared fanboy before the kid was even drafted.

Not saying coaches aren't high on him because I am sure some are. I just wouldn't take a homer "insider"' take as truth.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in Goff and believe he will be lighting it up soon.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I meaaaan, were we expecting coaching candidates to say "I hate that qb that you spent 5 draft picks to get. So am I hired or what?". Not saying it's not true but no perspective coach was going to insult the rams biggest investment

FRO

Legend
I'm sure coaches are split on him just like the board is. Whoever takes the HC job will be high on him otherwise they're an idiot to take the job.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not surprised by that information but it is good to see that. I have a lot of respect for MS, he's one of the best.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I meaaaan, were we expecting coaching candidates to say "I hate that qb that you spent 5 draft picks to get. So am I hired or what?". Not saying it's not true but no perspective coach was going to insult the rams biggest investment

I expect them not to take the interview or be interested in the job.