LEGEND Make Us Laugh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
C489116F-D183-4486-BDEC-A40DE8122833.jpeg

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Your time frame sucks…every 4 months??? How about every 2?!?! We can’t afford to allow this situation to get worse!

And who came up with the idea of 2 days off a week? Seems pretty lopsided 5 days on 2 days off. Should make it 3 on 4 off.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Warning: I hate Grandpa Joe with a passion and I'm going to spoil Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Lazy asshole made his son work and support his kids and both sets of grandparents while he stayed in bed all day long. Meanwhile his daughter in law could only afford to make boiled cabbage to feed the extended family. We're not even talking about the sad state of affairs his house was in, which would have been condemned by the housing department. Substandard walls, leaky roof, shoddy shelving, etc. All because the lackadaisical son of a bitch didn't want his feet to get cold on the floor. Yet the turd wears slippers when he gets out of bed.

The only thing that could get his apathetic ass out of the cot was a ticket for free food. He complained he was sack-ridden for 10 fucking years, then a by God miracle happened that allowed him to rise from his inattentive idiot state. My goodness, the floor wasn't cold and all of a sudden he could walk again.

Fuck this guy!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Warning: I hate Grandpa Joe with a passion and I'm going to spoil Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Lazy asshole made his son work and support his kids and both sets of grandparents while he stayed in bed all day long. Meanwhile his daughter in law could only afford to make boiled cabbage to feed the extended family. We're not even talking about the sad state of affairs his house was in, which would have been condemned by the housing department. Substandard walls, leaky roof, shoddy shelving, etc. All because the lackadaisical son of a bitch didn't want his feet to get cold on the floor. Yet the turd wears slippers when he gets out of bed.

The only thing that could get his apathetic ass out of the cot was a ticket for free food. He complained he was sack-ridden for 10 fucking years, then a by God miracle happened that allowed him to rise from his inattentive idiot state. My goodness, the floor wasn't cold and all of a sudden he could walk again.

Fuck this guy!

Willy Wonka is arguably even worse (and I totally blame the author for that; Roald Dahl was a ginormous pile of elephant shit). What he did to the kids (whose "crimes" included watching television, chewing gum, and liking sweets too much, although, yes, the spoiled girl deserved what she got - and that doesn't even mention a sixth kid, not written, whose "crime" was being a teacher's pet. I'm not joking.) in the end was despicable. He had the ability to make all of those candies, all of which he probably tested on people - if not himself, and if he didn't test it on himself, he shouldn't have put the products where the kids could have it - and he should have the ability to return those kids to normal. Instead, he made them freaks that can never live in normal society again. The spoiled girl got off easy compared to the other kids, ESPECIALLY the television kid who is now a ten foot tall stick figure.

Willy Wonka is a fucking psychopath. Grandpa Joe is a lazy, neglectful piece of trash, true, but Willy Wonka is a douche of the highest order, much like his author.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I am not here for the Wonka bashing. Wonka warned each of those spoiled ass kids - actions have consequences. Violet didn’t become a blueberry because she chewed gum, she ate an expiremental piece of gum after Wonka said and I quote, “I wouldn’t do that - I really wouldn’t.”

Under section 37B of the contract signed by these kids, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if, and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy. I the undersigned shall forfeit all rights privileges and licenses herein and herein contained et cetera et cetera... huhh fax mentis incendium gloria culpum et cetera et cetera... huhh memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there black and white clear as crystal!

they get nothing! They lose! Good day!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I am not here for the Wonka bashing. Wonka warned each of those spoiled ass kids - actions have consequences. Violet didn’t become a blueberry because she chewed gum, she ate an expiremental piece of gum after Wonka said and I quote, “I wouldn’t do that - I really wouldn’t.”

Under section 37B of the contract signed by these kids, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if, and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy. I the undersigned shall forfeit all rights privileges and licenses herein and herein contained et cetera et cetera... huhh fax mentis incendium gloria culpum et cetera et cetera... huhh memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there black and white clear as crystal!

they get nothing! They lose! Good day!!

He did warn them. I have no problem with him warning them. I have a problem with him showing that stuff in the first place and "fixing" them by turning them all into monstrosities of nature and all that is holy. The Oompa Loompas bashing the kids for their choices in life after it happens is bad enough. But he didn't even bother to fix them. The experimental (spelling police here) candy/things were too dangerous to give to kids. He shouldn't have done that, he really shouldn't, but adding on to that, he basically used those kids as experiments; if he really cared, he'd have put his goddamned foot down. Hard.

And then you have those kids (the most spoiled one aside) becoming freakshows for the rest of their lives. That's disproportionate retribution if I've ever seen it, and either Wonka was incompetent and couldn't fix the kids from the candy that HE invented or he flat out didn't care and wanted these kids to suffer because of their perceived character flaws - both of which paint a picture less than flattering of Willy Wonka: either he's a psychopath or grossly incompetent.

Tano

Legend
He did warn them. I have no problem with him warning them. I have a problem with him showing that stuff in the first place and "fixing" them by turning them all into monstrosities of nature and all that is holy. The Oompa Loompas bashing the kids for their choices in life after it happens is bad enough. But he didn't even bother to fix them. The experimental (spelling police here) candy/things were too dangerous to give to kids. He shouldn't have done that, he really shouldn't, but adding on to that, he basically used those kids as experiments; if he really cared, he'd have put his goddamned foot down. Hard.

And then you have those kids (the most spoiled one aside) becoming freakshows for the rest of their lives. That's disproportionate retribution if I've ever seen it, and either Wonka was incompetent and couldn't fix the kids from the candy that HE invented or he flat out didn't care and wanted these kids to suffer because of their perceived character flaws - both of which paint a picture less than flattering of Willy Wonka: either he's a psychopath or grossly incompetent.
I blame the parents

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Veruca Salt's father never punished her. I think its safe to say that the ass whipping generation is better than the time out generation.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Lets not forget that these kids were attempting to commit corporate espionage.

This was a once in a lifetime opportunity for these kids and their guardians to tour the factory - a factory that wasn't built for tours. To be careful - he gave specific rules for these little fuckwads to follow - he warned them of the consequences - and now he gets the blame?

Augustus is in a giant room where everything is edible - the kids are just stuffing themselves - the one rule is don't touch the river. One thing he asks them not to get into - and he gets into it.

Violet snatches the gum out of the machine. It wasn't handed to her. "I wouldn't do that, I really wouldn't." She does it.

Veruca Salt trashes the goose room and throws herself on the egg shoot. She was a bad egg.

Mike TV just takes it on himself to miniaturize himself. Granted, Wonka could have been more forceful in his warning on this one - it was a half hearted warning - but by this time, the man had had it with these kids.

Even Charlie and Grandpa could have been killed in the fizzy lifting incident and it would have been entirely on them.

Is it the Grand Canyon's fault when people fall in? At some point - there is accountability for actions - and that's really what the story is about. For the kids and for their parents - when you disregard safety protocols, you put yourself in danger. You aren't then the "victim" allowed to blame your host for failing to put all the pieces back together again. Its basically the burger falling thru the skylight and suing the homeowner for negligence.

And yes, the fact that grandpa all of a sudden finds his legs when there is a golden ticket is ridiculous. If there is someone who ought to be able to lodge a complaint, its Charlie's mom.