Love It - Hate It

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I mean, after all, after certain past draft choices, there certainly was wiggle room there between being in love with the guy and calling him garbage, right?
Certainly. But it was never acceptable (here) to bash a Rams player unless said player was purposefully sabotaging the team. And I can't remember anyone doing that outside of Craig Dahl. lol. When you start getting into a sliding scale of acceptable vitriol towards players (or coaches) based on their production, salary, draft slot, or all three ... then you make it incredibly difficult for the moderators because what's good for one player isn't good for another based on their subjective worth? Bleh. It's better to just unilaterally apply a standard. You don't have to love all players. Just keep the hatred in and let it eat away at your eternal soul for the betterment of the board. That's not asking too much. It's only your soul.

PhxRam

Certainly. But it was never acceptable (here) to bash a Rams player unless said player was purposefully sabotaging the team. And I can't remember anyone doing that outside of Craig Dahl. lol. When you start getting into a sliding scale of acceptable vitriol towards players (or coaches) based on their production, salary, draft slot, or all three ... then you make it incredibly difficult for the moderators because what's good for one player isn't good for another based on their subjective worth? Bleh. It's better to just unilaterally apply a standard. You don't have to love all players. Just keep the hatred in and let it eat away at your eternal soul for the betterment of the board. That's not asking too much. It's only your soul.

It is so much easier for us guys who have no soul.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Well said.

Yeah, it feels like real fans in here.

I also like the fact that people will talk to a fan from so cal. The stl vs la bit is ridiculous.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Well, if anything I've said has been taken by any as bashing Robinson or any other Ram, I apologize. What others have said, I have no control over (my attempts at implanting brain microchips have met with unreasonable resistance.)

I would have gone elsewhere, but Robinson is a Ram now, and I can't change that until the funding for my time machine comes in. Then we'll have to invent a whole new set of ethics as to whether or not one can change who is a Ram and who is not through time travel. Does anyone object to me making it so the Rams don't draft Eric Crouch?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Does anyone object to me making it so the Rams don't draft Eric Crouch?
You're not thinking outside the box. You can always go back in time and convince him that being a wide receiver is the correct career choice. The 8th or 9th grade is probably a good place to start.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
You're not thinking outside the box. You can always go back in time and convince him that being a wide receiver is the correct career choice. The 8th or 9th grade is probably a good place to start.
I dunno... hanging around high schoolers and haranguing them about career choices is generally regarded as creepy if there's not an existing relationship yet.

And frankly, it's a lot of work over a 3rd round pick.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And I hope some don't think I'm a bad fan if, right now in the heat of the moment, I say I would have chosen differently.
Nah man. That's not what I'm saying and I don't think any of the other long timers are either. You know the difference between discussing a point and throwing shit on the walls. And you also know how not to get in a shit flinging match. I just encourage everyone to keep that at the forefront of their brain when posting. That's all.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Naw, I think we ought to make this place just like all the others...

Your brother's breath is so bad the government wants to use him as a secret weapon.

When they were handing out brains, you were the first in the queue, and held the door open for the rest of us.

When they were giving out noses, you thought they said roses, and you said "Give me a big red one"

That reminds me... I understand that's Animal Magic is your favourite show because so many of your realatives are on it

http://www.insults.net

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Naw, I think we ought to make this place just like all the others...

Your brother's breath is so bad the government wants to use him as a secret weapon.
When they were handing out brains, you were the first in the queue, and held the door open for the rest of us.

When they were giving out noses, you thought they said roses, and you said "Give me a big red one"

That reminds me... I understand that's Animal Magic is your favourite show because so many of your realatives are on it

http://www.insults.net
Yo' mama is a very classy woman, and you should feel honored to have such a fine mother.

...wait, I'm doing this wrong, aren't I?

scifiman

For the most part I would have to agree with who we picked but there were a couple of head scratchers. I just hope that Fisher and Snead have earned their money. Of course unless you are a very bad team not all your draft choices make the team or pan out anyway. I look at the 1st rd picks as starters or should be. 2nd through 4th you should get maybe 1 starter or 2 very good backups. After that you may hit home runs or have a strikeout. Odds aren't good for most after that.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
No matter what you all think about the draft, we are all RAMS fans here.

We all love this team or otherwise - why be here at all?

I know a lot of us figure these boards are just here as part of the internet. We search for them and they appear. But boards like this DON'T just appear. It takes one or two individuals willing to put in a lot of time and effort in the hopes that they create something they will not only enjoy doing but that other die hard Rams fans will enjoy. They then try to bring in a few others with a similar love to help keep the site alive and viable.

This is not a big conglomerate like the PD but instead somewhat of a service created with no return other than having a place for Ram fans to unite and be fans.

We all get fired up by things like the draft and FA. But let us all keep in mind that these sites aren't born out of money or greed. And this one - ROD - was created and IS maintained out of a want to have a place where Ram fans can get together when they can't otherwise meet down at the local tavern to share a beer.

All have pretty much been welcomed - but PLEASE respect the tireless work and the countless hours of those who are trying to give you a site that is comfortable and fun for ALL Rams fans. Think of the analogy of going out into nature. Try to leave it in as good of shape or better than when you arrived.

I'm saying this as a devote to the site and someone who has watched the vitriol and nastiness of other sites and ABOVE ALL ELSE - a fellow Rams fan.

I love this site and I get a huge kick out of debating with other Rams fans. But angst has a short tenure. I've been a fan for 46 years. This is the place I call home. I hope you will as well.

Regards,

Stu Miller

TL;DR

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
This is an incredible Rams forum, the best. It's a place where facts a passion for our team can be shared without the agenda loving trolls derailing the good spirits. ROD captured that vision beautifully and it's the only Ram board I post on. Not to mention all the up-to-date features that add so much to posting on here.

Thank you ROD

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
No matter what you all think about the draft, we are all RAMS fans here.

We all love this team or otherwise - why be here at all?

I know a lot of us figure these boards are just here as part of the internet. We search for them and they appear. But boards like this DON'T just appear. It takes one or two individuals willing to put in a lot of time and effort in the hopes that they create something they will not only enjoy doing but that other die hard Rams fans will enjoy. They then try to bring in a few others with a similar love to help keep the site alive and viable.

This is not a big conglomerate like the PD but instead somewhat of a service created with no return other than having a place for Ram fans to unite and be fans.

We all get fired up by things like the draft and FA. But let us all keep in mind that these sites aren't born out of money or greed. And this one - ROD - was created and IS maintained out of a want to have a place where Ram fans can get together when they can't otherwise meet down at the local tavern to share a beer.

All have pretty much been welcomed - but PLEASE respect the tireless work and the countless hours of those who are trying to give you a site that is comfortable and fun for ALL Rams fans. Think of the analogy of going out into nature. Try to leave it in as good of shape or better than when you arrived.

I'm saying this as a devote to the site and someone who has watched the vitriol and nastiness of other sites and ABOVE ALL ELSE - a fellow Rams fan.

I love this site and I get a huge kick out of debating with other Rams fans. But angst has a short tenure. I've been a fan for 46 years. This is the place I call home. I hope you will as well.

Regards,

Stu Miller
Well said, my friend! Thank you.

Alan

Legend
Well said and thought out Stu. But then we knew you had those thoughts already and that's one on the reasons we like you so much. :love:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well said and thought out Stu. But then we knew you had those thoughts already and that's one on the reasons we like you so much. :love:
Awe shucks Alan. What you wearin'?

Alan

Legend
I was wearing just my speedo but my wife threatened to divorce me and take 80% of everthing I own if I didn't put on several layers of clothes.

Thanks for asking though. :effemine: ;)

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I love this place!! Even though I can't post often due to a 76 hr work week I check in everyday! Btw I just got a smart phone for the first time (iPhone) and was wondering what that app is where u can talk and post? Thanks guys