Love It - Hate It

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No matter what you all think about the draft, we are all RAMS fans here.

We all love this team or otherwise - why be here at all?

I know a lot of us figure these boards are just here as part of the internet. We search for them and they appear. But boards like this DON'T just appear. It takes one or two individuals willing to put in a lot of time and effort in the hopes that they create something they will not only enjoy doing but that other die hard Rams fans will enjoy. They then try to bring in a few others with a similar love to help keep the site alive and viable.

This is not a big conglomerate like the PD but instead somewhat of a service created with no return other than having a place for Ram fans to unite and be fans.

We all get fired up by things like the draft and FA. But let us all keep in mind that these sites aren't born out of money or greed. And this one - ROD - was created and IS maintained out of a want to have a place where Ram fans can get together when they can't otherwise meet down at the local tavern to share a beer.

All have pretty much been welcomed - but PLEASE respect the tireless work and the countless hours of those who are trying to give you a site that is comfortable and fun for ALL Rams fans. Think of the analogy of going out into nature. Try to leave it in as good of shape or better than when you arrived.

I'm saying this as a devote to the site and someone who has watched the vitriol and nastiness of other sites and ABOVE ALL ELSE - a fellow Rams fan.

I love this site and I get a huge kick out of debating with other Rams fans. But angst has a short tenure. I've been a fan for 46 years. This is the place I call home. I hope you will as well.

Regards,

Stu Miller

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Good post 503 and I agree 100%!
I'm just saying the Rams better finish with a better record than Cleveland or Fisher/Snead got a lot of explain to do! :whistle:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good post 503 and I agree 100%!
I'm just saying the Rams better finish with a better record than Cleveland or Fisher/Snead got a lot of explain to do! :whistle:
Yeah - whutevuh man. :D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BTW - may be an oversight on my part but the posters might be just a smidgeon of what makes a site good or bad as well. My bad. :cool:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Love it. No question wanna pound the rock and bully their opponents with stellar trench play on both sides of the ball. This team has the makings of something special and don't think the rest of the league isn't taking notice. Whispers of our lines are creeping into the mists of even the most stubborn rival fans.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
No matter what you all think about the draft, we are all RAMS fans here.

We all love this team or otherwise - why be here at all?

I know a lot of us figure these boards are just here as part of the internet. We search for them and they appear. But boards like this DON'T just appear. It takes one or two individuals willing to put in a lot of time and effort in the hopes that they create something they will not only enjoy doing but that other die hard Rams fans will enjoy. They then try to bring in a few others with a similar love to help keep the site alive and viable.

This is not a big conglomerate like the PD but instead somewhat of a service created with no return other than having a place for Ram fans to unite and be fans.

We all get fired up by things like the draft and FA. But let us all keep in mind that these sites aren't born out of money or greed. And this one - ROD - was created and IS maintained out of a want to have a place where Ram fans can get together when they can't otherwise meet down at the local tavern to share a beer.

All have pretty much been welcomed - but PLEASE respect the tireless work and the countless hours of those who are trying to give you a site that is comfortable and fun for ALL Rams fans. Think of the analogy of going out into nature. Try to leave it in as good of shape or better than when you arrived.

I'm saying this as a devote to the site and someone who has watched the vitriol and nastiness of other sites and ABOVE ALL ELSE - a fellow Rams fan.

I love this site and I get a huge kick out of debating with other Rams fans. But angst has a short tenure. I've been a fan for 46 years. This is the place I call home. I hope you will as well.

Regards,

Stu Miller

Well said man. Now get back to work (y)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Stu worded that post very eloquently. I would , however , like to add the following if I may. I'm using my best caveman voice here...

Leave the Bitchassness at the door and Don't be a Dick.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Stu worded that post very eloquently. I would , however , like to add the following if I may. I'm using my best caveman voice here...

Leave the Bitchassness at the door and Don't be a Dick.
But I'm at my best when I'm being a dick full of bitchassiness.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Agreed.

If one expects their favorite team to always agree with them in the draft, you're going to be disappointed sometimes (unless you're a power mad Kroenke of course...) but just because some didn't get their way, it's not going to be doom and gloom forever. And some here didn't win and some didn't lose. The team's become better over these past couple of days. That means ALL OF US win.

There's a lot of paths between where we are and where we want to be. I'm still trusting the powers that be to pick a good one. And in the end, all of us want the same thing.

Boobs. I mean Rams wins.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
There is only thing I "hate" about any of this ..... not having a 5th Rd. pick. I LOVE 5th Rd. picks, especially in a draft as deep as this one

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good post, Stu. Great nature analogy too. You've been here from the beginning, so you've seen the mission statement of this board reinforced time and time again over the years. Plus, you were fully on board with it from jump. All of our O.G. ROD posters are the same way. I like the influx of new guys (and gals), but it worries me that some are jumping in with both feet and saying whatever the hell they want with total disregard for the ripple effect it creates. And the disclaimer at the end of a rant saying, "I hope ___________ proves me wrong", doesn't erase the fact that you just said ___________ was garbage.

There are ways to express concern and critique the Rams. If you can't do it constructively, then hit up the YouTube comment section or the PD and get it out of your system. This isn't the place for that. Conversely, anyone who expresses concern, shouldn't be afraid of reprisal from overly sensitive fans either. Everyone should be able to discern what trolling is and what it isn't, but that usually only comes from long established relationships where you're exposed to someone's posting history and the way they interact with people. We're accelerating that process now and it's getting touchy at times. Use the PM system and ASK people about their opinions before you assign them motives. Get to know them (this really helps diffuse a lot of situations). This isn't a weigh station. It's your home. Get invested.

Lastly, I don't scrub the internet looking for Rams news and opinion pieces describing how awful the team is, or how awful they're gonna be. And I certainly don't expect to read it here. While it's not realistic to think everyone is going to be pie-in-the-sky over every move this team makes, it is realistic to expect your opinions to be respectful and carefully worded. Don't shit on the board so people can step in it and drag it around until someone cleans it up. That's all I ask, and it's not asking much.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It's really a fine line. I absolutely agree that referring to any Ram as garbage is unacceptable. They're not garbage because they're a Ram. Should they ever leave the Rams and join the 49ers and are not named Bruce, then they are garbage. But I digress.

That said, while I certainly don't think of Robinson or any other Ram as garbage, it's going to take me time to fall in love with him as deeply as some others here have. And I hope some don't think I'm a bad fan if, right now in the heat of the moment, I say I would have chosen differently. But I absolutely accept that what's done is done and want absolutely the best from Robinson.

I mean, after all, after certain past draft choices, there certainly was wiggle room there between being in love with the guy and calling him garbage, right?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good post, Stu. Great nature analogy too. You've been here from the beginning, so you've seen the mission statement of this board reinforced time and time again over the years. Plus, you were fully on board with it from jump. All of our O.G. ROD posters are the same way. I like the influx of new guys (and gals), but it worries me that some are jumping in with both feet and saying whatever the hell they want with total disregard for the ripple effect it creates. And the disclaimer at the end of a rant saying, "I hope ___________ proves me wrong", doesn't erase the fact that you just said ___________ was garbage.

There are ways to express concern and critique the Rams. If you can't do it constructively, then hit up the YouTube comment section or the PD and get it out of your system. This isn't the place for that. Conversely, anyone who expresses concern, shouldn't be afraid of reprisal from overly sensitive fans either. Everyone should be able to discern what trolling is and what it isn't, but that usually only comes from long established relationships where you're exposed to someone's posting history and the way they interact with people. We're accelerating that process now and it's getting touchy at times. Use the PM system and ASK people about their opinions before you assign them motives. Get to know them (this really helps diffuse a lot of situations). This isn't a weigh station. It's your home. Get invested.

Lastly, I don't scrub the internet looking for Rams news and opinion pieces describing how awful the team is, or how awful they're gonna be. And I certainly don't expect to read it here. While it's not realistic to think everyone is going to be pie-in-the-sky over every move this team makes, it is realistic to expect your opinions to be respectful and carefully worded. Don't crap on the board so people can step in it and drag it around until someone cleans it up. That's all I ask, and it's not asking much.

And there you go. I especially like the bolded parts. Thanks man. This IS my home.

PhxRam

It's really a fine line. I absolutely agree that referring to any Ram as garbage is unacceptable. They're not garbage because they're a Ram. Should they ever leave the Rams and join the 49ers and are not named Bruce, then they are garbage.

NO player in this league is garbage. Anyone who makes it in the league is STILL better then 99% of the population.